Long holiday weekend beer sales restrictions?

2nice

Any insights as to finding out if and when there are beer sales restrictions in Pattaya over the coming holiday weekend and in general?

I am especially interested in 7/11 but other stores as well. I have been caught by surprise more than once going to buy beer and could not.

There is probably a couple of thousand places in and around Pattaya where you can buy beer anytime, not only do they not care what day it is - they dont care what time it is either!

Yes, I went into a 7-Eleven at the wrong time and couldn't buy a beer, but walked across the street to a Family Mart and bought one without a problem. A small shop in our condo seems to sell whenever without restriction.

Obviously someone came down on Friendship. They didn't sell on religious holidays, but there was never a problem as to hours during most days. Now you can only buy during the legal times.

Edited by Suradit69

What a sad empty life you must lead if everything depends on whether beer is available. Truly pathetic.

Beer is a nice thing to have on a holiday when it's good and hot outside, and certainly not a sign of a sad and depraved lifestyle, as you infer.

Sir

I actualy find the opposite when it is good and hot outside, ice cold water is far better, does not dehydrate you also. If one wants to go on a beer crawl in the cooler evening then a few beers is ok.

I can understand that a common tourist want to avoid these alcohol-free-days. But for a expat it shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise he probably have a alcohol problem. But this is not my beer.

What a sad empty life you must lead if everything depends on whether beer is available. Truly pathetic.

Where did he write that "everything" depends on whether beer is available?

Clearly... you're a man with no vices. How noble.

Since 1st of May is a working class holiday, canned archa should be available...

What about big cans Chang?Just love doing a 7/11 Chang crawl,sucking on a tinnie,relaxing,wearing my Chang top,wearing boardies,thongs.This is what May Day is all about,this is what we fought in the trenchs for.Viva le revolution,comrades.

There is probably a couple of thousand places in and around Pattaya where you can buy beer anytime, not only do they not care what day it is - they dont care what time it is either!

Thai time has pros and cons,works for me.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Strange thread. People complaining about alcohol restrictions on a holiday weekend with absolutely no alcohol restrictions! Got to love ThaiVisa.

Please note - OP's FIRST post, not a barnacled crusty member. Probably a first time visitor hoping to receive a warm welcome from some of us who have lived here a few years. Way to go folks.

• Like 1