TAT launches 'Lady Journey' tourism campaign

Thaivisa News

Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched a campaign to encourage women to explore destinations around the kingdom.

Yeah...do that!

Travel AROUND the Kingdom!

Laos, Cambodia,Vietnam...

I hope they remind the "ladies" not to wear bikini's, cos as the PM stated, that's an open invitation for Thai's to rape them.

Good sir I believe the general meant to say "that's an open invitation for Thai's Burmese to rape them", no Thai would do anything like that.

Are u kidding. Sounds like the title to a documentary about people trafficking in the sea industry.

Why are they 'ladies' and not 'women'?

They are ladies to demonstrate they are untouchable for sexpats.

Are u kidding. Sounds like the title to a documentary about people trafficking in the sea industry.

Why are they 'ladies' and not 'women'?

They are ladies to demonstrate they are untouchable for sexpats.

Ooh, protectionism, just the locals then.

Confirms you are Thai.

Also, you have assumed all the way through this thread that this little promotion is targeted solely to attract female Thai tourists, what if it isn't and was never intended to be.

What if it was designed to promote Thailand as a good destination for western females to learn about the virtues of Thai culture.

That was the way I read it.

I may be wrong in assuming that the vast majority of female Thais are already well aware of the virtues of Thai culture, but I seriously doubt that., as some Thai men males have a habit of demonstrating how the system works, daily.

It gets in the news.

Thaddeus:

Would it make any difference whether I'm Thai or not?

Thai ladies are quite smart in their way. Are you afraid Farang women could learn something from them?

Edited by micmichd

All ladies are welcome in Thailand. Feel free to enjoy your stay and have a great time. But please take notice of our prime minister. do not wear swimming wear on the beach, because if you get raped and killed it is your own fault.

Enjoy your stay.

Let me guess, relatives of the M o C....came up with this one.... Oh come... just organize shopping excursing at Siam Paragon...

Have those motorized cart, screaming down the isles like at the airport....jet setting those LADIES to all the high end shops.

hint... the travelers go where they want...whistling.gif