Czech man arrested, faces extradition

Thaivisa News

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- A Czech man has been arrested under an Interpol arrest warrant on charge of embezzlement of valuables worth 138,114 euro, Thai immigration police said.

David Mrozek, 37, was arrested shortly after the Chon Buri Immigration office was alerted by the Czech Embassy at 11:45 am Friday that the Czech government wanted Thailand to extradite him to face the embezzlement charge.

Chon Buri Immigration chief Pol Col Praphansak Prasarnsuk said the embassy informed him that the Czech man was wanted under an international arrest warrant obtained by Interpol and he had embezzled the valuables he got from a thief. Interpol has learned that he has been hiding in Thailand.

Praphansak instructed his subordinates to check and found that the Czech man had entered Thailand on April 18.

Immigration police later learned that a Czech man was walking in an evening exercise Friday on a part of Central Pattaya Road in Tambon Nong Plua of Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

Police officers rushed to the scene to check his passport. He was carrying a Czech passport No 41158666 as alerted by the Interpol.

So, the Czech man was arrested and taken to the Chon Buri Immigration Office on Soi 5 on Na Jomthien Beach in Tambon Nongplua for interrogation.

Praphansak interrogated Mrozek by himself. The man admitted that he is the same person wanted under the Interpol arrest warrant.

Mrozek said he would not contest against the extradition order because he wanted to return to his country to fight against the charge in court.

Praphansak cancelled Mrozek’s entry visa and sent him for an extradition process.

I'm happy to have czeched this thread from my unread list today.

Will the man have to trade his czechered outfit for a striped one?

Please czech more into this story with a follow up.

post-150916-14311717079359_thumb.jpg

Commit a crime, run to Thailand, especially Pattaya. No one will ever find you there! whistling.gif

"No one will ever find you there! "

Considering how much time the Thai police spend catching foreign criminals for extradition, it seems not being found is far from a done deal.

Commit a crime, run to Thailand, especially Pattaya. No one will ever find you there! whistling.gif

Provided one buys a good fake passport first... then it is very unlikely to be found out.

"Immigration police later learned that a Czech man was walking in an evening exercise Friday on a part of Central Pattaya Road..."

Wow, how?!

Very simple I guess the Czech man was stupid enough to live under the same adress he issued in his Visa application.

"Immigration police later learned that a Czech man was walking in an evening exercise Friday on a part of Central Pattaya Road..."

Wow, how?!

With all the uneven walkways and motorcycle drivers, touts and obstacles, his judgment on a place to do his evening exercise was as poor as his decision to attempt hiding in Pattaya.

I am sure there are more niggers in the woodpile he is just one of many there should be more checks on people entering the country,

I heard immigration will be refusing entry if you have ever used phrases from the 1800's soon.