Three Myanmar workers arrested for alleged murder in Phang Nga

Thaivisa News

Phang Nga:- Three Myanmar workers have been arrested for allegedly killing a Thai fishing boat owner and dumping his body into the Phang Nga sea, police said.

Apart from the murder charge, police charged the three unidentified workers with having entered the country without proper documents and working without registration with the government.

The body of the fishing boat owner, Prayong Noochan, 43, has not been located yet. Police are seeking help from fishing boats in the area to search for the body.

Pol Lt Surachart Thongyai, an officer of Kuraburi police station, was alerted at 10:30 pm Tuesday of the alleged murder.

Prayong’s daughter, Paweena Noochan, told police that the three had stabbed her father and threw his body into the sea about 10 nautical miles from the shore.

Paweena said her father took the boat out with the three workers on Sunday. She said her mother could not contact her father at about 8 pm Sunday, so she sought help from other fishing boats to try to locate his boat but it was not spotted.

Paweena said the boat was found anchored at the shore Tuesday morning and the three workers said her father was sleeping inside the boat. She checked and did not find him in the boat.

She said the three workers initially fled so her relatives sought help from police to locate them. They were later arrested by marine police and local villagers.

One of them blamed the two others for allegedly stabbing Prayong and threw him overboard.

Murder on fishing boats has been far too common in recent times.

Usually it's the Burmese worker found floating.

With the internationally driven crackdown on slavery hopefully it's a less common occurrence in the future.

Edited by Old Croc

The time line on this sorry affair just doesn't add up. If they killed the guy, why hang about? Finding the boat Tuesday morning but waiting until the evening to report a crime of stabbing (she wasn't even on the boat). Kill the father for whatever reason & blame Myanmar workers........am I in Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!

....so disproprtionate in reporting....and in meting out justice......

...does anyone wonder how they got there...and if they might have happened to be some of the so-called 'slave labor' in the fishing industry....???

...and as for the countless others....brought her and used by locals.....

....and their disappearances....and their graves.......

...it boggles the mind....

I just saw a couple articles on CNN online today ( I hope I am allowed to mention that here? if not I apologize in advance). One was a video of a Thai man that was held captive on the boats and another group of mixed nationality men held in a prison like condition on an island.

They spoke of the horrible abuse they suffered and others spoke of the countless people that died at the hands of these captains and ring leaders.

The whole time I was watching this I was thinking, why don't they just kill the captain and run for their freedom?

I have no way of know at this time if this captain was one of these slave drivers, but if he was then he got what he deserved.

These human traffickers are some of the lowest forms of parasites our rotten planet has to offer. I wish them all the nastiest forms of karma the universe has to hand out.

Apart from the murder charge, police charged the three unidentified workers with having entered the country without proper documents and working without registration with the government

lol.......yes the murder pales into insignificance with the severity of these other charges .