vacuum cleaner bags in BKK?

impulse

I have an Electrolux vacuum cleaner that I bought at Big C or TESCO on Rama 4. When I bought it, they carried spare bags so (idiot that I am), I didn't feel the need to hoard them.

Now that I need some, neither store carries any vacuum cleaner bags.

The nice clerk at Big C, in her limited English, suggested I try "Central". I've been here just long enough to know there are about 1000 places scattered throughout the city that are called "Central".

Rather than a days long scavenger hunt for $2.50 worth of vacuum cleaner bags, does anyone know of a place near the BTS/ MRT that carries a decent selection?

I'd hate to do it, but I'd bin this perfectly functional (albeit without bags) $75 machine in favor of a new one before I'd spend an entire day looking. But I'd just have to bin that one in a year when I can't find bags for it.

Thanks in advance.

Not much help, but having found the same problem and not being able to find bags that would fit (funnily enough also for an Electrolux) I ended up buying a bag less Hitachi vacuum cleaner for 4000 baht a few years ago. Problem solved ;-)

Not much help, but having found the same problem and not being able to find bags that would fit (funnily enough also for an Electrolux) I ended up buying a bag less Hitachi vacuum cleaner for 4000 baht a few years ago. Problem solved ;-)

Good data point. It is helpful.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. I've been wanting a wet-dry vac anyway, but I already have way too much stuff in my apartment for my temporary (but extending into my 5th year) situation in BKK.

Edited by impulse

As said vac bags are few and far between (suspect most people empty bag rather than dispose of it) - we have also purchased bag-less type for that reason - both a Samsung years ago and now a Hitachi. These are normal type vac (not wet/dry tub type).

Big C advise to you was to go the a Central Department Store (yes they have many branches) (same owner) where if available they will cost department store price. Home Pro might also have but hit and miss shopping unless you use there online directtoshop site to check what store has what.

You might try Ebay - but if have to buy from USA shipping is often a huge expense.

I traipsed all over Chiang Mai in the typical scavenger hunt searching for Hitachi vacuum cleaner bags.

"Mai Mee".

The one I bought from Central came with one reuseable bag.

I would rather use the paper disposable ones and not deal with all the crap I sucked up.

Ended up buying at BicCamera in Tokyo, several varieties available for my model number.

Edited by arunsakda

We have an electrolux ...couldn't find bags for that. My wife had some old tights that she had from when we lived in the UK.

I did an Heath Robinson job with them ... seems to work fine ...the motor has it's own filter.

We don't use the vacuum much anyway ...mainly for the car.

You do need to work out how to defeat the bag interlock though... I used sticky tape!!

Edited by JAS21