Surat Thani chief public prosecutor murdered in his own house

webfact

Prosecutor killed in his residence in Surat Thani

29-6-2558-16-16-32-wpcf_704x413.jpg

SURAT THANI: -- A provincial prosecutor of Surat Thani was killed in his residence by assailants in what was suspected to be motivated by robbery.

The body of the victim, Mr Payong Dokmaihom, 54, was found in his bedroom on the second floor of the house located on Don Nok road in the municipal area of Surat Thani’s Muang district.

The body bore serious wounds on his face and body suspected to be inflicted by a blood-stained big knife which was found next to the body. Gold ornaments weighing about ten baht and a handgun were said to have been stolen.

A neighbor who is also a prosecutor alerted the police after he found Payong’s house unlit despite the fact that it was already dark. Police who later arrived at the house later found the victim lying dead and his bedroom ransacked.

Police said that the victim lived in the house with a nephew, identified only as Gai, who was not at home when the suspected robbery took place. Gai was later questioned by the police.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prosecutor-killed-in-his-residence-in-surat-thani

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-29

Senior public officials murdered. Ex police chief arrested for smuggling a firearm into Japan. People smuggling. Slavery in the fishing industry. Coup after coup. Submarine purchase proposed for no apparent need. LM used to silence opponents. Criminal defamation used to counter accusations of abuses of human rights and any reporting of the truth. Aircraft maintenance procedures falsified. Corruption at every level of government. Article 44...... = FAILED STATE. Mind you, the beaches have been cleared. Rock on Junta.

Senior public officials murdered. Ex police chief arrested for smuggling a firearm into Japan. People smuggling. Slavery in the fishing industry. Coup after coup. Submarine purchase proposed for no apparent need. LM used to silence opponents. Criminal defamation used to counter accusations of abuses of human rights and any reporting of the truth. Aircraft maintenance procedures falsified. Corruption at every level of government. Article 44...... = FAILED STATE. Mind you, the beaches have been cleared. Rock on Junta.

Just as well old ugly foreigners can get hot Asian wives for the price of a pack of cigs, isn't it. :D

Interesting. Anyone else remember the bombings on koh samui? Remember when the military government declared it was a plot and that it would name names. big names, but then nothing happened. The investigation seemed to end and no one was named. And then the most powerful man in the region came home and it coincided with the announcement of a multi billion baht palm oil support program.

I can't wait for the General and his entourage to comment on this case.

"Stop asking our dear PM and former general so many stupid questions...."

The plot thickens.

Would you care to explain why?

My guess: the aide is a dupe; the story is fabricated. I'm not buying it.

As early as tomorrow, they're going to present DNA "proof" that Niwat is guilty.

Normal procedure, effective and always helps the crime clear-up rate.

How did they know that the stated items were missing and the value of them..also there was quite a description of the gold.The guy was in the house on his own and the nephew wasn't around when found..all a bit too convenient and hard to believe for me I'm afraid. There's more to this in my opinion.but we probably will never find out. I too wonder was he anything to do with the looming Kao Tao case?

Edited by Nigeone