Alongkorn dismisses report of a national government after the next election

Lite Beer

Alongkorn dismisses report of a national government after the next election

7-12-2015-4-24-25-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A National Reform Council’s whip has brushed aside a report that some NRC members have proposed that a national government be formed by two major parties after the next election.

Mr Alongkorn Polabutr, secretary of the NRC’s parliamentary affairs or whips, admitted that some NRC members had floated the idea of a national government being established by two major parties which win the most parliamentary seats in the next election to ensure political stability.

However, he said that the idea did not reflect the opinion of the majority of the NRCs.

Meanwhile, Mr Direk Thoengfung, an NRC member, dismissed as unnecessary a suggestion that Army Commander-in-Chief General Aduldej Seetabur be made an outside candidate for the next premiership.

Such a suggestion, he said, will not be acceptable after General Prayut Chan-ocha was made a non-elected prime minister.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/alongkorn-dismisses-report-of-a-national-government-after-the-next-election

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-12

Sometimes I wonder if they save up stories during the week so they can slowly release them on the weekends to keep the punters coming to the political media troff.

One can be assured though if "unsubstantiated allegations" were removed from the news reports we wouldn't be left with much at all to populate our internet screens.

Rumours rattle reformers
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- REFORMERS and a Constitution drafter have denied rumours circulating over the weekend that a proposal was imminent for a "National Government" and an "Intermediary Premier."

NRC member Teerayut Lorlertrat said he was "puzzled" on hearing the suggestion.

Rumour had it that the National Reform Council (NRC) would propose to the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) and the National Legislative Assembly (NLA) that a provisional clause on the installation of a "National Government" - with an "Intermediary Premier" - be included in the new constitution.

However, the rumours left reformers bemused as well as some constitution drafters, who said they had no idea where the account had come from.

"As soon as I received the news from the media, I was confused and surprised. don't know where it came from or how it started," Teerayut, said.

He added that the source of the report was unknown and he had no idea who in NRC would have proposed it.

"Plus, such an approach is being criticised. If it is [seriously put forward], people might object, saying it is inappropriate."

Alongkorn Ponlaboot, former minister and NRC secretary, said he did not know the origin of the report, but confirmed that the NRC had never submitted such a proposal.

"NRC has never proposed anything about a national government. The eight constitutional amendments proposed to the Constitution Drafting Committee have never indicated anything about that either," he said. However, Alongkorn revealed that some members had privately floated an idea about a "grand coalition" - a government formed from two parties receiving majority votes - in the belief the coalition would push the country forward.

"But, it was discussed [only by] a small group of people and it hasn't been put to the public for deliberation," he added.

A CDC member, Kamnoon Sidhisamarn, said no official letters had been submitted to the drafters concerning a national government or intermediary premier - and he viewed that it had nothing to do with the constitution. Yet, if there was any such proposal, the drafters would still have to deliberate on it, he said.

NRC spokesperson Wanchai Sornsiri did not confirm there had been such a proposal, but implied he personally liked the idea, although he did not believe political parties would cooperate with the junta.

"It would be great if we could actually do that. But I don't believe that the pro-democracy [movement] would work hand in hand with the dictator," he said.

General Udomdej Sitabutr, who had been mentioned in the rumour as a possible intermediary premier, said he had no clue about where it came from.

"It's strange. And why does it have to be me? I don't know where this came from. I don't know much about the NRC. They can say what they like, but I don't know," said the general.

He reiterated that he had no intention of becoming the intermediary prime minister as had been reported in the news. He just did his best every day and never thought about becoming a PM, he said.

"The person who would become the prime minister would have to be appropriate. The PM [Prayut Chan-o-cha] is appropriate and is competent. He is fully equipped with charisma. He could handle anthing now. I'm just one of the cogs in the machine."

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Rumours-rattle-reformers-30264328.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-13

The election ( if any) has yet to be held, they have yet to even put in place the electoral system under which it may be held, and they are already discussing the government which they will allow to be formed as a result!

Rather gives the game away doesn't it?

The election ( if any) has yet to be held, they have yet to even put in place the electoral system under which it may be held, and they are already discussing the government which they will allow to be formed as a result!

you get 10/10 for observation from me, well done and keep informing us of the obscure things we have no way to know without your very well informed coverage, as a side note - do you have a source for this revelation lol

you get 10/10 for observation from me, well done and keep informing us of the obscure things we have no way to know without your very well informed coverage, as a side note - do you have a source for this revelation lol

So when your beloved junta publishes something so nonsensical that even the hard core facists can't find a way to support it, you resort to insults?

Ulm, the original post?

"It would be great if we could actually do that. But I don't believe that the pro-democracy [movement] would work hand in hand with the dictator," he said."

So, Thais who work for Prayuth call him a 'dictator', but foreigners cannot....interesting.

So when your beloved junta publishes something so nonsensical that even the hard core facists can't find a way to support it, you resort to insults?

Doesn't bother me - in fact I regard it as a bit of a plus that all he has to fall back on is that sort of sarcasm. It kind of underlines my point, quite satisfying really! biggrin.pngthumbsup.gifwai.gif

Hey, this smileys gadget is rather fun when you get into it - they've even got a face for our beloved leaderangry.png

Edited by JAG

Would his be the very same junta who threw teddies out of prams about counter coup rumours and latterly the PM's financial transactions, both of which oddly enough had women in their 40's connected to the red shirts, who is going to take the blame for these far more damaging to the country rumours ?

Yeah no one as they're untouchable that's why!!