Airport to file criminal charge against Kamronwit

Lite Beer

I think maybe this was part of the deal

Smart move by the Japanese to kick the ball back in the Thai field- at last they won't lose face...

What is the most important, face or creditability?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what do they charge him with. They didn't find a gun on him or in his bag when he left Thailand. How do they know he had a gun in his bag when he left. Once again this Junta is trying to flex it muscle and is going to make a fool of themselves once again.

Bob, you really gotta stop bashing yourself over the head with that baseball bat.

They have a fair idea he had a gun on him or in his bag when he left because the Japanese found one on him on arrival in Japan. Unless of course he bought it off a guy on the plane !

And what has this got to do with the Junta ? The op says it is to do with the AOT charging him.

Anyway all this is about is the fact that Swampy has lost face because someone got a gun through the scanners and they are going to make a big deal out of it.

What has it got to do with AOT, he cleared customs and immigration going out , got caught trying to board in Japan coming back , do you think the idiot would carry a gun back on again in Japan , no wonder the airline industry is in such a disarray with clowns like this around, what are they going to charge him with, leaving and not being caught with gun by Thailand , Thai management should be seething that Kamronwit went out with the gun and how did he do that, security my arse. coffee1.gif

And what do they charge him with. They didn't find a gun on him or in his bag when he left Thailand. How do they know he had a gun in his bag when he left. Once again this Junta is trying to flex it muscle and is going to make a fool of themselves once again.

Another of your shoot from the hip comments. Maybe:

- He admitted to the Japanese investigators that he carried it from Bangkok?

- He bought it in Japan, but IMHO doubtful he would have the Japanese mafia contacts to make such a purchase. And perhaps more to the point would the Japanese mafia want to get entangled with something like this with a foreigner?

The Dimwhit if I can call him that endangered the life of everyone on the flight out of Thailand. If the gun had accidently discharged, it could have brought the plane down.

But no one cares because this is Thailand.

No one cares.

Well that could more like most became afraid, many decades ago, to put up their hands and ask questions and/or publically comment.

So, let me understand this.

Because of the complete incompetence of the Thai airport security to fail to find the gun in his baggage, they are going to lay criminal charges against him for them failing to find the gun?

Doesn't that just make them look even dumber than they actually are.

I take that back...not possible.

The Dimwhit if I can call him that endangered the life of everyone on the flight out of Thailand. If the gun had accidently discharged, it could have brought the plane down.

But no one cares because this is Thailand.

.22 Cal. brought the plane down, extremely unlikely to the point of impossible - unless of course the pilot and co-pilot were both dead.

They have a fair idea he had a gun on him or in his bag when he left because the Japanese found one on him on arrival in Japan. Unless of course he bought it off a guy on the plane !

And what has this got to do with the Junta ? The op says it is to do with the AOT charging him.

Anyway all this is about is the fact that Swampy has lost face because someone got a gun through the scanners and they are going to make a big deal out of it.

If I recall correctly, they found the gun when he wanted to board in Japan and thus AOT claimed quickly, that they already deleted all their screening documents regarding Kamronwit...

Anyway, is Kamronwit meanwhile back and has Prasong Poontanet already found out, what AOT want to charge him with? Is he detained?

The tension is unbearable - Not.

Amazing Thailand. Nobody will lose face about this whole farce. Neither AOT / Prasong nor Kamronwit. Amazing, how they never cease to amaze me.

Bob, you really gotta stop bashing yourself over the head with that baseball bat.

I think they didn't find the gun until he was departing Japan not arriving.

Whether he put in his checked in luggage at Bangkok and then for whatever reason moved it to hand luggage on the homeward leg; or someone else gave it to him; or he bought it there from some reason, who knows.

Be interesting to see what they charge him with. Wonder where the gun and ammo are now?

So, let me understand this.

Because of the complete incompetence of the Thai airport security to fail to find the gun in his baggage, they are going to lay criminal charges against him for them failing to find the gun?

Doesn't that just make them look even dumber than they actually are.

I take that back...not possible.

Point taken.

But are they now so embarrassed by this incident that they are trying, after the horse has bolted, to regain some tiny amount of credibility?

So, after all that, he is bringing the gun back to Thailand? - he must love that gun - 'Happiness is a Warm Gun'. Surely after his time in the clink he is happy to leave it in a Japanese trash-can!

Did he really take the gun to Japan through BKK airport? Is this the admittance from the BKK airport now - well confused.

So, after all that, he is bringing the gun back to Thailand? - he must love that gun - 'Happiness is a Warm Gun'. Surely after his time in the clink he is happy to leave it in a Japanese trash-can!

Did he really take the gun to Japan through BKK airport? Is this the admittance from the BKK airport now - well confused.

Yeah... <deleted>? Did the Japanese let him fly back to Thailand with the gun? If so, he should discard it (along with any cigarettes over 200) in the bin before he goes through Customs.

Can I take my nail clippers through the X Ray?

No cannot

A small bottle of water?

No

What about my cig lighter?

No

Spare batteries for my razor?

No

What about this concealed gun?

Okaaayyy you no problem!!!

Can I take my nail clippers through the X Ray?

No cannot

A small bottle of water?

No

What about my cig lighter?

No

Spare batteries for my razor?

No

What about this concealed gun?

Okaaayyy you no problem!!!

Small gun no problem no see on screen no gun Edited by Artisi

Surely the Japanese authorities confiscated the gun...and never allowed him to board the return flight to Thailand with it....tell me me I am not missing something here <deleted>!

This.

The gun should have been confiscated by the Japanese. No way they are giving it back to him.

...unless this is 'all show'...he should be arrested if that is the case.....

...and they really should investigate his comings and goings leading up to his arrest in Japan....and....... when that gun was last fired....etc....

..unregistered firearms are used to commit terrible crimes....

...check ballistics against all firearm homicides in the past 3-6 months....

CRIME
Freed by Japan, Camronwit now faces queries over hidden gun

Jessada Jantarak,
Nuntida Puangthong,
Pimnara Pradubwit
The Nation

30264450-01_big.JPG?1436911964720
After being detained in Japan for |20 days for |carrying a gun into Narita Airport, former metropolitan police chief |Lt-General Camronwit Toopgrajank flew back to Thailand yesterday. On his arrival, he gave a wai and smiled at waiting reporters.

BANGKOK: -- POL LT-GENERAL Camronwit Toopgrajank, a former metropolitan police chief, returned from Japan as a free man yesterday after Japanese public prosecutors decided not to prosecute him for carrying a small handgun into Narita Airport.

But he looks set to face a probe in his homeland now over how he took his North American Arms .22 Magnum out of Thailand.

"If there is convincing evidence he took the gun out [through] Suvarnabhumi Airport, the Airports of Thailand (AOT) will lodge a complaint with police against him," AOT president Nitinai Sirismatthakarn said yesterday.

Camronwit would be considered to have violated the Aviation Act, he said, if the former top cop carried the gun on to the aircraft.

Nitinai said AOT had planned to examine Camronwit's interviews about the gun incident, which he was expected to give to media following his return to Thailand.

"We may also consider asking Japanese public prosecutors to provide copies of Camronwit's statements," he said.

During his detention in Japan, Camronwit reportedly said the gun was his but he was unaware the weapon was in his carry-on luggage when he was about to board a flight back to Thailand on June 22.

His reported statements have raised the question that Camronwit might have taken the gun with him when he boarded a flight out of Thailand on his way to Japan.

According to Nitinai, a preliminary probe by the AOT showed Camronwit had not put his gun into his carry-on luggage when boarding a Japan-bound flight out of the Suvarnabhumi Airport.

"There's a possibility he might have put the gun in his loaded luggage though," Nitinai said.

Camronwit's flight back to Thailand landed at the Suvarnabhumi Airport at 3.40pm yesterday.

After the landing, the retired police officer hugged waiting relatives and smiled at reporters. But he left the airport without giving any interview.

Police Spokesman Lt-General Prawut Thavornsiri said Camronwit had not been detained upon arrival, because at this point there was no evidence he had violated Thai laws.

"But we will later summon him for questioning," he said.

He said national police chief General Somyot Poompanmuang had already assigned Provincial Police Region 1 chief Lt-General Amnuay Nimmano to look into the matter.

Commenting on the case, Amnuay said if Camronwit put his gun in the loaded luggage, he did nothing against the airport's regulations.

"In that case, he would have not been able to use that weapon during the flight," Amnuay said.

Watchara Phetthong, a former Democrat MP, said he believed that society was closely watching as to whether the AOT and the National Police Office would have the courage to take legal action Camronwit over alleged gun carrying.

"From what I've heard, it's an unlicensed gun and Camronwit took it with him when he took a flight out of Thailand," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Freed-by-Japan-Camronwit-now-faces-queries-over-hi-30264450.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-15

When this story first broke there were lots of unusual comments from officialdom which isn't too surprising and we learned the scanner operators at Swamp are experts but the equipment doesn't detect firearms and of course Kamronwit may have used the VIP gate but wasn't spared the security check.

Now a senior police officer is saying, or so it seems, it's not against airport regulations to carry a firearm in checked luggage as it can't be reached during the flight but he didn't clarify if the weapon has to be declared in advance or even at all.

Does this mean anyone can take a gun out of LoS if packed ' properly ' and you take your chances at the country of destination ?

How about running a ballistics test on the gun and see if it matches any unsolved high-profile shootings? AOT already gave him a pass at security so charging him with transporting a gun doesn't make a lot of sense now.

Edited by zaphod reborn

How come this scumbag was not detained when entering Thailand for breach of AOT regulations regarding firearms and also for possession of an unregistered therefore illegal firearm. This is the core essence of this country , implied elitism .