Parking Wars Thailand

Ok so the other day I'm at the gym and I park my motorcycle.

When I come back there are like 5 motorcycles parked right behind me.

There is no way that I can drive around them so I am totally trapped. I had to move everyones bike out of the way before I could get out.

I wish people would think of others and not park right behind them. This drives me nuts.

Thanks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Thailand excels at being "selfish" Ive parked the car parallel to the kerb and then a bike will pull in front sideways on almost touching my bumper.

The problem is they are selfish and bone idle, cant walk an inch to the shop, one day Ill be featured on you tube demolishing the bike.............it'll be worth it

Yes Thailand excels at being "selfish" Ive parked the car parallel to the kerb and then a bike will pull in front sideways on almost touching my bumper.

The problem is they are selfish and bone idle, cant walk an inch to the shop, one day Ill be featured on you tube demolishing the bike.............it'll be worth it

I actually saw this happen once, very amusing, outside a gym funnily enough.

A disabled guy had just finished training and what I guess was his girlfriend had parked in front of his car and going off on one, he just drove into her bike, reversed then drove into it again, repeated this until he could get his car out - brilliant.

Not sure if they're still together - doubt it!

This just happened to me this afternoon I had parked at Wongwien Yai in front of a shop to get their products for 5 min and came back and had been boxed in with motorcycles and then sure enough 1 more right against my rear and starts walking off. The staff called him back to move his bike ,he refused with saying he will be back soon. They got his bike and moved it around the corner into the soi laughing then helped me get out .

I see this happen all the time .

This just happened to me this afternoon I had parked at Wongwien Yai in front of a shop to get their products for 5 min and came back and had been boxed in with motorcycles and then sure enough 1 more right against my rear and starts walking off. The staff called him back to move his bike ,he refused with saying he will be back soon. They got his bike and moved it around the corner into the soi laughing then helped me get out .

I see this happen all the time .

Good well done them, I used to get this in the Uk also across my drive as I lived near some shops, "only be a minute mate" went on all day then they used to drive up my drive and do a u turn, in the end stuck a chain across and watched many w*nkers drive into it an it would snap whipping their lovely bodywork.

Its prevalent in the UK but even more so here.

I have seen better cooperation / manners displayed by hogs at the slopping trough than displayed by many thai morotists on cycles and in vehicles.Then at the next intersection a driver will notice your turn indicator light m will stop and wave/motion you to turn in front of him.

Its a crap shoot on what they will do or what to expect from them.

I wish people would think of others

Move out of Thailand. You won't find that here mate. sad.png

coffee1.gif

What pray ,paradise of considerate people do you come from then ?

Edited by anto

It is NOT only limited to parking.

They double park, blocking the road or creating traffic jam, so the passenger can run out to 7 to buy a snack, mind you free parking space available less than 5 meters away.

Try driving down Theaparsit road on Thursday through to Sunday evenings, they just double, even triple park to unload their stuff or waiting for someone. so the 3 lane turns into 1/2 lane

Closely related: shop owners closing off a lane with pylons or plastic chairs to claim it as their parking lot or extended shop area.

The vast majority of people here are just extremely lazy, selfish and closely minded. Can't see it changing any time soon. The frickin army!!! had to clean up the street not long ago and it's back to business as usual. Respect my ass.

Exactly. They'll double, even triple park with their hazard lights on (because that makes it Ok), but if you look 50m up the road there are a dozen free spaces. It drives me up the wall facepalm.gif

I have seen better cooperation / manners displayed by hogs at the slopping trough than displayed by many thai morotists on cycles and in vehicles.Then at the next intersection a driver will notice your turn indicator light m will stop and wave/motion you to turn in front of him.

Its a crap shoot on what they will do or what to expect from them.

That wasn't a Thai person letting you go....it was me.

problem is no one likes the idea of walking any further than they have too so they will double/triple park so they are in direct line with the shop door when 2 car spaces away there are parks. It gets really good when they pull up in your lane from the opposite side of the road so they are actually facing towards you or as just happened to me drive directly at you on your side of the road so making you either stop ot have a head on so they can turn right and not have to stop at the actual corner and wait till you go past. Unfortunately common sense is far and few between, add to this they are generally lazy and inconsiderate so take no one elses position into their thinking.

I like to think of myself as being considerate of other people that being said I understand what the above post is talking about and its infuriating. In the few times that I have caught them in the act they smile and say "me sorry" I also agree with the second part of his post but I do not want to see him demolishing a bike on the tube. There are damn few gentlemen left in the world today me and the this guy.

Just happened again coming out of 7 eleven 3 bikes boxed me in. I told one lady excuse me can you move your bike (in Thai) just so I could get out. Gave me a put off look like I was asking for the world.

When any bike boxes me in I just move it and leave it sitting out on the road.

The worst is when they LOCK the ignition!

After I just had my bike painted, I came outside to go to work and saw someone parked next to me with their handle bars turned and locked, resting on my bike.

Like cmon man... I know you don't care about your shitbox scooter, but please notice that the CBR your handle bar is jammed into is not. Erg..

Normally I just move their bike to into a position that says "you suck".

Closely related: shop owners closing off a lane with pylons or plastic chairs to claim it as their parking lot or extended shop area.

The vast majority of people here are just extremely lazy, selfish and closely minded. Can't see it changing any time soon. The frickin army!!! had to clean up the street not long ago and it's back to business as usual. Respect my ass.

Done in one plastic chair and flattened a couple of cones in my time with the pick up. Never with the car. Might scratch the car but the pick up is alread scratched and has the height. ?