Lawyers ask for new trial outside Boston for marathon bomber

webfact

Lawyers ask for new trial outside Boston for marathon bomber

BOSTON (AP) — Lawyers for Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev say his trial should have been held outside the city because jurors couldn't avoid widespread outrage over the deadly attack and he deserves a new trial elsewhere.

A filing by the lawyers on Monday explains their push for a new trial for Tsarnaev, who was sentenced to death.

The filing says jurors would have seen friends and relatives posting about the 2013 bombing online.

The lawyers argue a recent Supreme Court ruling about the vagueness of the definition of a "crime of violence" throws many convictions into question. The legal term "crime of violence" was applied to Tsarnaev's actions.

The bombing killed three people died and injured more than 260. He apologized at his sentencing.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-08-18

What a shyster's bushtit.. IS THERE any one in America now days, better yet, in most countries around the world

that HASN'T HEARD what happened in Boston and how guilty as hell this man is? take the trial to Mars

and still he would be found guilty in 5 minutes.... hate those vile, repugnant lawyers with a passion....

The only courthouse to hold the trial with no outrage from jurors would be the one on the corner of Ali Akbar Street in Ramadi, Syria.

A pointless excersise by the lawyers, who are being paid by the state to watse time and resources.

Federal appoint rate is a paltry $ 181 per hour with many limitations and caps. Lawyers of Judy Clarke's skill and calibre command $ 750 to $ 1,200 an hour depending upon market. It ain't about the money for these lawyers. They believe in what they are doing and believe that the death penalty is wrong. Why is it a bother to you if not paying taxes here or impacted by what they are doing?

The only courthouse to hold the trial with no outrage from jurors would be the one on the corner of Ali Akbar Street in Ramadi, Syria.

A pointless excersise by the lawyers, who are being paid by the state to watse time and resources.

Federal appoint rate is a paltry $ 181 per hour with many limitations and caps. Lawyers of Judy Clarke's skill and calibre command $ 750 to $ 1,200 an hour depending upon market. It ain't about the money for these lawyers. They believe in what they are doing and believe that the death penalty is wrong. Why is it a bother to you if not paying taxes here or impacted by what they are doing?

Why is it a bother to you that I want to see this kid sentenced quickly, and that I find any sort of fault with those trying to delay it?

Why is it a bother to you that I want to see this kid sentenced quickly, and that I find any sort of fault with those trying to delay it?

Chello . . . you complained about about lawyers "wast[ing] time and resources" being "paid by the state" so I asked about that . . . , BTW they are not "being paid by state if a federal trial."

Doesn't bother me at all. Don't care if sentenced quickly or it takes 10 years. Don't care if its cheap or expensive as heck. Don't care if he gets life. Don't care if he gets death. I cannot do anything about it one way or another and it does not concern me.

How about Louisville, Kentucky? Or Tulsa, Oklahoma? He'll be sure to get a sympathetic ear.

What's the issue? God is waiting for him, the courts shouldn't work against god. Send him to be with his invisible friend. And his brother, be a shame to break up the family.

The conviction on 32 or something federal counts and a capital sentence on 8 or so of the counts came from a jury in a state that had abolished the death penalty the same year as France abolished theirs.

This very motion had been denied more than once by the federal judge before the trial had begun and a couple of times by the federal appeals court, also before the trial had begun.

The lawyers have the right of appeal on their theory against the meaning of "a crime of violence" so let them go at it. SCOTUS will eventually settle the matter one way or the other so we'll see then where all of this is.

That's the system and one doesn't need to be a taxpayer or a citizen to have something to say about it. People who take the time to say they don't care might go mow the lawn instead.

Chello . . . you complained about about lawyers "wast[ing] time and resources" being "paid by the state" so I asked about that . . . , BTW they are not "being paid by state if a federal trial."

Doesn't bother me at all. Don't care if sentenced quickly or it takes 10 years. Don't care if its cheap or expensive as heck. Don't care if he gets life. Don't care if he gets death. I cannot do anything about it one way or another and it does not concern me.

cheesy.gif , so you just don't care...then why bother trying to criticise me (ineptly, at that)? Stay off the thread instead of trying to troll members.

Edited by Seastallion

cheesy.gif , so you just don't care...then why bother trying to criticise me (ineptly, at that)? Stay off the thread instead of trying to troll members.

Criticize you?????!!?!?! Hello! Lights are on nobody home? You made several critical remarks about the lawyers and justice system. I simply pointed out the inaccuracies

Cool by me if you want to go through life bitter or resentful based on an inaccurate belief system on events occurring thousands of miles away that has no impact on your life. At least get facts straight if you are going to get spun out over it.

The fact remains that Judy Clarke, whom you wrongly criticized, is an honorable person doing something she believes in without regard to money. She loses about $700 to a $1,000 an hour representing indigents facing the death penalty.

Edited by F430murci

Lawyers are generally filthy greedy animals. As a job I'd rank it morally below prostitution

Okay. Its all good. I love my job and love helping people and businesses get out of scrapes or accomplish new ventures with my assistance. Most of us don't do it for the money. The stress is too great and the hours too long. You have to actually and legitimately care about what you are doing.

The problem, however, is generally internal when something external . . . Just curious, what huge contributions to society have you made through your career?

Seems as if most get a negative perception about lawyers due to experiences in domestic cases. That, however, would not be such a problem except emotional clients bring this on themselves by directing their counsel to fight over everything down to who gets the TV dinners out of the freezer and then they wonder why it cost so much.

Those lawyers are doing their job. They have to try anything to get him a lesser sentence, so they're doing that.

Lesser sentence?

Like....2 life sentences instead of five?smile.png

It's all about the money

Is it courtesy of the US taxpayer by the way?

Sorry, don't agree with you, think they could make more elsewhere.

Plus they're only doing their job

jurors couldn't avoid widespread outrage over the deadly attack!

This is pure posturing...who in America was not outraged by the senseless attack on the innocent Boston Marathon runners and their fans?

The guy is guilty...there is no question about that...why waste more tax-payers money?

Attorney wants more money?

The federal judge is expected to deny the defense request of a new trial. One reason is that things could get messy for the feds.

MARATHON BOMBER APPEALS CONVICTION: DO HIS LAWYERS KNOW SOMETHING WE DON’T?

Is there anything to be gleaned from the backstory of the Boston Marathon bombing and the FBI? The cumulative evidence suggests that the FBI or some other government agency may have attempted to “recruit” older brother Tamerlan for some national-security purpose (for more on Tamerlan’s possible informant status, see here and here).

http://whowhatwhy.org/2015/07/09/marathon-bomber-appeals-conviction-do-his-lawyers-know-something-we-dont/

Family of Tsarnaev Friend Killed by FBI to Sue

Ibragim Todashev was shot and killed by an FBI agent on May 22, 2013

While signing the statement, Todashev flipped a coffee table in the air, knocking down an FBI agent in the room and causing a gash on his head. Todashev then grabbed a broomstick or mop handle and charged toward the Massachusetts [state police] trooper. The FBI agent shot Todashev several times, killing him, according to the report.

Kurnaz said the report left a lot of unanswered questions.

"There are a lot of things that happened that day that we don't know, and we want to find out," Kurnaz said.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Report-Family-of-Tsarnaev-Friend-Killed-by-FBI-to-Sue-294659461.html

The brothers are as guilty as sin so what about a supposed bombing backstory? How might a backstory affect the government's case at a new trial? It might be instructive to pursue this.

Edited by Publicus

It bothers him because he has a brain and can think for himself, and does not give a toss if what he says is politically correct, just like me and millions of other none liberals., get the picture ?

It bothers him because he has a brain and can think for himself, and does not give a toss if what he says is politically correct, just like me and millions of other none liberals., get the picture ?

Yep, makes a lot if sense to walk around bitter based on inaccurate information. That's certain using the brain! BTW, I am pro death penalty so the noggin didn't work that one out too well either.

Don't worry, mate....he's a well-known troll. I have fun just seeing his illogic and nonsense. I can not believe he's a lawyer, (.unless he's just one of those ambulance-chasers with a degree from U-Nowhere)...real lawyers are smarter and have logic or reason.....