British 12-year-old smarter than Einstein, Hawking

webfact

British 12-year-old smarter than Einstein, Hawking
By Hilary Whiteman, CNN

(CNN)A 12-year-old girl who had an inkling she might be quite clever has taken a test and proved she was absolutely right.

Lydia Sebastian achieved the top score of 162 on Mensa's Cattell III B paper, suggesting she has a higher IQ than well-known geniuses Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking.

The comparison doesn't sit well with the British student, who's currently in Year 8 at Colchester County high school, a selective girl's grammar school in Essex, England.

"I don't think I can be compared to such great intellectuals such as Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking. They've achieved so much. I don't think it's right," Lydia told CNN.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/09/europe/mensa-british-girl-score/index.html?eref=rss_world

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2015-09-10

I just hope she is smart enough to realize being "gifted" doesn't mean you don't have to work really hard.

Moreover, don't be pressured to try meth with your boyfriend.

Furthermore, don't buy swamp land from the flashy salesperson.

But explaining non-euclidean geometry might get you a better deal....not.

PukkaoMensa: 990283874893024732894073294 score

With the way the economy is headed, it won't matter what the IQ is when she applies for a job at Whimpy's. She need only learn to ask the customer if chips are required with the order.

Shouldn't that be flies or lice with that order?

If everyone in the world had an IQ test we would likely find more than just a few with even higher numbers....

I guess it's not what you have it what you do with it that counts!

I liked her humble response.... she's a wee winner!

With the way the economy is headed, it won't matter what the IQ is when she applies for a job at Whimpy's. She need only learn to ask the customer if chips are required with the order.

Yes you have hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately even Whimpy's looks like a long shot in the future. You will more than likely have a Robo server. All you need for him is a can of oil and a charging station.

I just hope she is smart enough to realize being "gifted" doesn't mean you don't have to work really hard.

Moreover, don't be pressured to try meth with your boyfriend.

Furthermore, don't buy swamp land from the flashy salesperson.

But explaining non-euclidean geometry might get you a better deal....not.

PukkaoMensa: 990283874893024732894073294 score

hahaha, I love your self-limiting beliefs and faulty assumptions, not!

So I've decided to balance them out in case any young people are reading this...

I've never had to work hard and I never will!

Personal reality is a product of personal beliefs, so do what you love to do :)

those with low I.Q.s believe that Einstein and Hawking exhibited anything like intellectual acumen. Einstein: = "god does not play dice with the Universe".. Stupid not to understand Quantum Physics and superstitious enough to believe in the big guy in the sky. Hawking:= A physicist with non-proven science as his calling-card...as are all mathematical paper pushers.

Who has tried to solve the three example problems given at the end of the linked news article in the OP, and with what result? Without looking up the answer on the web, of course

The first one can be solved easily with a simple algebraic formula. The other two are the tough ones, and are indicative of what a Mensa test is about.

There's something going on. I thought this was a re-do of a story from just a while ago, but here is a different 12 year old girl in the UK who also scored 162. Reported in early August.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/08/03/12-year-old-girl-has-higher-iq-score-than-albert-einstein-and-st/21217637/

What are the chances that these two 12 year old girls are both off the charts smart, and it happened within just a 2 month period? I have no doubt these girls are smart. But do you get that kind of brilliance this often? I'm wondering if the test for 12 year olds might be mis-calibrated.

IQ is not a static thing; it is dynamic, across the ages. Measured human IQ advances at around 3 IQ points per decade, and the speed of increase is accelerating.

Interestingly, a person whose IQ score placed him/her in the top 10% a hundred years ago, would now rank in the weakest 5%! Moreover, the number of people whose scores now rank them at genius level have increased by more than 20 times in this period.

Unfortunately rather distorted...

The maximum score for an adult completing every question correctly is 161 in the Cattell III B test, the scores are weighted to take into account the child's age therefore there is no way an adult can score 162 even if they are more intelligent.

Her problem is completely curable. 3 or 4 years in the Thai education system and she would bouncing around 100.

See you never went to a Thai school , you can count to a hundred,

Some Americans think he is American , becasue he has an american accent,

Edited by Thongkorn

I.Q. testing is deterministic; even Einstein recognized that IMAGINATION is the queen of the senses...I.Q. tests can not measure creativity. One of the 'smartest' creatures on earth is an eagle, who routinely solves a plethora of non-linear differential equations when diving down to pluck that squirrel.

those with low I.Q.s believe that Einstein and Hawking exhibited anything like intellectual acumen. Einstein: = "god does not play dice with the Universe".. Stupid not to understand Quantum Physics and superstitious enough to believe in the big guy in the sky. Hawking:= A physicist with non-proven science as his calling-card...as are all mathematical paper pushers.

You just confirmed post #5!

I.Q. testing is deterministic; even Einstein recognized that IMAGINATION is the queen of the senses...I.Q. tests can not measure creativity. One of the 'smartest' creatures on earth is an eagle, who routinely solves a plethora of non-linear differential equations when diving down to pluck that squirrel.

Hogwash.

If eagles were so smart they would order take out.