Is Venezuela the new Thailand?

JakeSully

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't be serious. Bangkok, while not overly dangerous, is hardly the safest city on Earth or even close to it.

True...but safer than most major cities, like NYC, for example.

Spent some time in Venezuela, it's amazing but dangerous. Muggings in the day time right in the middle of a crowded market, lots of guns, taxi driver robbers, kidnapping, and so on. It's sketchy, but worth it if you can blend in and like a little adventure.

Unspoiled beaches, stunning mountains, cozy towns, incredible women, and overall full of adventure, some amazing times to be had. Just be careful, do carry a mugging wallet, and get out of Caracas, that is the most dangerous city. Elsewhere isn't so bad.

Spent some time in Venezuela, it's amazing but dangerous. Muggings in the day time right in the middle of a crowded market, lots of guns, taxi driver robbers, kidnapping, and so on. It's sketchy, but worth it if you can blend in and like a little adventure.

Unspoiled beaches, stunning mountains, cozy towns, incredible women, and overall full of adventure, some amazing times to be had. Just be careful, do carry a mugging wallet, and get out of Caracas, that is the most dangerous city. Elsewhere isn't so bad.

"Muggings in the day time right in the middle of a crowded market, lots of guns, taxi driver robbers, kidnapping, and so on. "

it really look like Bkk, last week, a crippled man was murdered in broad daylight by 6 teens,

taxi drivers robbers : we have recently several stories of tourists/chinese women, beaten and robbed at the gun point

kidnapping : we had several stories of tourists abducted by the thai police

we also had a 65 yo woman savagely beaten in a large crowd in hua hin, we also got Hannah & David murdered in a island, a lot of tourists have been murdered in thailand also

yeah it cant be worse than here

Edited by Bender

What is the women situation like? Do they like foreigners?

Yes. Prostitution is legal and you can purchase a package holiday at a seaside hotel including the woman. All inclusive.

I saw it in a documentary a few years ago. There is a web site, though I forget the name. Run by an Englishman.

I thought the women were not nearly as attractive as Thai ladies though.

Of course it can be worse. Bangkok is a pretty safe place. You can make yourself scared of anywhere if you fixate on the bad news.

I was more fearful in London than ever I was in Bkk.

sometimes in BKK i like to just act like a tourist, not see the obvious, smile, and know that i'm out of there in a few days anyhow...and forget about the environment. i was in NYC and it was as safe as anywhere, and sometimes i worried a lot more than i needed. 90% of the time you use common sense, do you own thing, don't bother anyone, don't act aggressive, no eye contact unless saying "hi" and don't flash valuable.

the other 10%, unfortunately, is being in the wrong place at the wrong time. there is nothing you can do, things will be bad. and you really never know.....

There is more to this story than the media is telling us.

Certainly, the US has had it in for Venezuela since they threw the oil companies out, but whether or not they are behind it I can't say.

Why is it such a major story is being treated as a minor one? This is surely more important than the latest thing Trump says, yet it is pretty much a non event in comparison.

Of course it can be worse. Bangkok is a pretty safe place. You can make yourself scared of anywhere if you fixate on the bad news.

I was more fearful in London than ever I was in Bkk.

sometimes in BKK i like to just act like a tourist, not see the obvious, smile, and know that i'm out of there in a few days anyhow...and forget about the environment. i was in NYC and it was as safe as anywhere, and sometimes i worried a lot more than i needed. 90% of the time you use common sense, do you own thing, don't bother anyone, don't act aggressive, no eye contact unless saying "hi" and don't flash valuable.

the other 10%, unfortunately, is being in the wrong place at the wrong time. there is nothing you can do, things will be bad. and you really never know.....

yes, but certain places you have increased odds of "being in the wrong place a the wrong time"

What is the women situation like? Do they like foreigners?

Cuba , the place 2B ,

everything less expensive than LOS , and the natives , speak fluent English .

maybe , my next and last move . RIP.

why do people that subscribe to this forum rag on thailand so much - if people think it is so bad why not leave, withdraw your membership from the forum and go live where you will be happy….

as for Venezuela - glamour shiela's but not worth the risk

People have a perfect right to moan about Thailand on a Thai forum and if they went home it would still be the same. I don't want to forum to be a love in and Thailand can do no wrong kind of place, that would be boring and pointless

So why do the people need the 100 Euro, if everything can be bought in local money, which is obvious from the OP?

When I am in Euroland I don't need Dollars or Pounds for any reason.

They require it for importing anything from outside Ven. Their currency will only be accepted at home due to the inflation.

Same things happening in Angola where I work. The majority of items are imported and no country will accept the kwanza. You receive 3 x the rate exchanging the dollar.

why do people that subscribe to this forum rag on thailand so much - if people think it is so bad why not leave, withdraw your membership from the forum and go live where you will be happy….

as for Venezuela - glamour shiela's but not worth the risk

People have a perfect right to moan about Thailand on a Thai forum and if they went home it would still be the same. I don't want to forum to be a love in and Thailand can do no wrong kind of place, that would be boring and pointless

Yes, it has often been said before... if you don't like it here, go home.... go live where you will be happy... etc., etc.

Good ideas can't be repeated often enough. They are only derided as clichés by jerks who don't have enough sense to see how true they are.

It is the obvious solution to the plight of the unhappy camper - strike the tent.

These complaining misfits have come down on Thailand like a plague of locusts. Their contentious relations with the local people spoil the scene for all of us.

You forgot to mention the 20 years free accommodation if he ever gets caught with the cocaine or weed.

Venezuela has an interesting policy towards cannabis. You may possess up to 20gr, but be forewarned that anything more can get you thrown in prison for a long time. Even though this policy is quite liberal by American or British standards, you should keep all cannabis use private, if just to not have unwanted attention drawn towards you.

Wikitravel Ven

Crime in south american countries is much more serious then what you are used to in se asia.

Were talking places were you can get kidnapped fairly easily and people are inclined to use firearms fairly easily.

Countries colonised by Spain/Portugal in general by the looks. Bunch of roughians. giggle.gif Look how well the British colonies turned out in comparison. tongue.png

Venezuela also has the zika virus to contend with, but would love to see the Angel Falls and sample the totty.

grand melia Caracas 5 stars hotel 2500 bahts...

so not so cheap! not 9.93$ like OP said

I can get a 5 stars for 2200 bahts in bkk and even a 4 stars for less 1000 bahts.

If you walked in with dollars I expect a big discount...

grand melia Caracas 5 stars hotel 2500 bahts...

so not so cheap! not 9.93$ like OP said

I can get a 5 stars for 2200 bahts in bkk and even a 4 stars for less 1000 bahts.

Really, not doubting you, but where?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I spent 30 years in San Diego before moving to Thailand 2 years ago. Absolutely loved it. Best year 'round weather in the states. And if you drove fast you could ski in the morning and surf in the afternoon.

Absolutely love Thailand too. Could have retired anywhere really. Naklua suits me just fine. I do have to live near the beach. Always have...