Buying prepared wood in Ubon Ratchithani

Deeps15

Hi,

l live in a rice farming village 30 minutes from Ubon Ratchithani and l am looking for a wood wholesaler that sells prepared wood for household use, ie: shelving etc.

lf anyone on the forum has any info regarding this subject l would appreciate some help.

Hi,

l live in a rice farming village 30 minutes from Ubon Ratchithani and l am looking for a wood wholesaler that sells prepared wood for household use, ie: shelving etc.

lf anyone on the forum has any info regarding this subject l would appreciate some help.

I'd like to find some wood for shelving in Ubon also. I'm looking forward to that information.

There is a lumber yard near the 3 BB office in Warin. If at the 3bb office drive south till the intersection ( dead ends) turn right towards Tesco. Go about 50 yards or meters and it's on the south side of street. I've used them for moldings. Sorry about no street names but in Texas now.

Are you going to varnish/paint the wood? Bare un-laminated/unvarnished wood runs the risk of not lasting due to insect damage in Thailand. The laminate versions in the Watsadu will last, but they are relatively expensive, which is probably why the carpenters tend to do thick coats of gaudy varnish on their constructions.

The aluminium shelf hanger systems and pre-prepared laminate shelves were difficult to find 5 years ago. I got some a year or so ago for a small 'installation' in Home Mart Sisaket so presumably HM in Ubon also has. Not cheap though (the hanging brackets and back strips particularly seem to be at Western prices) and I can understand anyone wanting to try something a bit less pre-packaged.