Police track-down suspected attacker of Australian at South Pattaya Go-Go Bar

rooster59

Police track-down suspected attacker of Australian at South Pattaya Go-Go Bar

bar-22.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: In the early hours of Friday Pattaya Police conducted a raid on Oasis Agogo in Soi Buakao following an incident which occurred 24 hours earlier whereby an Australian customer was allegedly assaulted over a 160 Baht unpaid drinks bill.

Inside the bar at the time was no customers but a total of 15 staff members along with the Manager. Checks on the bars licenses were made and everything appeared to be in order.

A discrepancy on staff registration documents was found for a total of 3 workers and because of this the Manager was detained and the bar could now face a fine of up to 50,000 Baht.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218950/police-track-down-suspected-attacker-of-australian-at-south-pattaya-go-go-bar/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-07

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so it's ok to beat the krap out of a tourist hmmmm can see Thailand being given a wide berth by Aussies if the cops condone this and do not charge the Thai guy with assault

TOT your country is getting a bad name for this type of action

so it's ok to beat the krap out of a tourist hmmmm can see Thailand being given a wide berth by Aussies if the cops condone this and do not charge the Thai guy with assault

This will have no effect on Aussies coming to Thailand.

I doubt it the Telephone Organization of Thailand is much concerned, the Tourist Association of Thailand, now they might care

This will have no effect on Aussies coming to Thailand.

They will be fighting to get on the planes, in them too, and all the way to Pattaya!

Following the video clip of the alleged assault on the Australian the night before, Police detained Khun Gisana aged 30, who is thought to have assaulted the man, known only as Johnny. He confessed to attacking the foreign man, after he was attacked by another foreign man from a bar next door. It is thought the initial attack by the foreigner was over excessive noise and then out of anger due to the 160 Baht unpaid bill, Khun GIsana then attacked him.

Police decided to use their discretion and did not arrest the bar worker, despite his admission. The bar continues to operate as normal with no indication any closure notices will be imposed on the venue.

So Khun Gisana says he attacked farang X because farang Y supposedly attacked him. That kinda like saying farang Bob hit me but then I went out and just picked another person to punch...and the random person was named farang Joe.

You could bash an aussie outside a bar in Pattaya every night of the week and it wont create a ripple in Australia.

Most Australians have never heard of Pattaya. They know Phuket,Samui and Bangkok.

Pattaya is a sex tourist destination the same as the Philippines. All you will see in OZ travel agents is glossy pictures of Krabi Phi Phi and Bangkok temples.Most aussies come here on cheap package deals and stay in the south.

To get to Pattaya you have to get into a mini van with a sliding door driven by a smiling Thai man.

Edited by jalansanitwong

Hooligan bouncer beats drunken Aussie, even admits that he used the opportunity to "jump in".

Nice character.

Result:

Bar raided, manager detained, 50000 Baht for some (assumably minor) problem with work papers.

No discretion used.

Hooligan not arrested. Discretion used.

Excellent outcome.

Looks like the Oasis is in bad shape sad.png A shame because a few years ago it was a good bar, Staff behaviour like this will only cause people to vote with their feet, and it looks like the place is on the way out sad.png

I was in that place a couple of times. Never had a problem.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Following the video clip of the alleged assault on the Australian the night before, Police detained Khun Gisana aged 30, who is thought to have assaulted the man, known only as Johnny. He confessed to attacking the foreign man, after he was attacked by another foreign man from a bar next door. It is thought the initial attack by the foreigner was over excessive noise and then out of anger due to the 160 Baht unpaid bill, Khun GIsana then attacked him.

Police decided to use their discretion and did not arrest the bar worker, despite his admission. The bar continues to operate as normal with no indication any closure notices will be imposed on the venue.

So Khun Gisana says he attacked farang X because farang Y supposedly attacked him. That kinda like saying farang Bob hit me but then I went out and just picked another person to punch...and the random person was named farang Joe.

as richard littlejohn would say, YOU COULDNT MAKE IT UP.

It would be madness to think this would make any form of the news in Australia, print or tv, just not interested in a drunk getting a biff outside of a bar, if that was news the Australian newspapers would be as thick as a telephone book and they would need 2 tv channels going 24 hours a day to cover it all..........walk around kings cross late at night and 99 times out of a hundred you will see it worse than this, it got so bad with King hits and young people dying that they bought in a mandatory, life sentence for anybody causing death in this manner...they were getting one a week.........

This is a common occurrence in Australia, this will not bother them at all.

You must come from a different part of Australia than I do. I've never heard of a patron being assaulted over a small bar tab!!!

You obviously do not read the news, people are getting king hit by strangers just because they feel like it, no reason at all

You could bash an aussie outside a bar in Pattaya every night of the week and it wont create a ripple in Australia.

Most Australians have never heard of Pattaya. They know Phuket,Samui and Bangkok.

Pattaya is a sex tourist destination the same as the Philippines. All you will see in OZ travel agents is glossy pictures of Krabi Phi Phi and Bangkok temples.Most aussies come here on cheap package deals and stay in the south.

To get to Pattaya you have to get into a mini van with a sliding door driven by a smiling Thai man.

You are 100% correct. The only time I have visited Pattaya was with my Thai Wife. Prior to that it was Islands, BKK and Chiang Mai. She works in Rayong now, so when I visit, Pattaya is a cheap place to go for and entertaining weekend, but we don't do Walking Street. Been there done that, you only have to see it once. It's like any tourist attraction. There are far better places to see in Pattaya than Walking street. As for the 160 baht fine, that equates to $6.40 ~ . You would struggle to by a middie here in Oz for that. I can't see someone not paying such a small bar tab, in fact, most Aussie's I think would leave a bigger tip that the bar tab.. Go figure, something doesn't smell right about the report, happy to be proven wrong...

This is a common occurrence in Australia, this will not bother them at all.

You must come from a different part of Australia than I do. I've never heard of a patron being assaulted over a small bar tab!!!

You obviously do not read the news, people are getting king hit by strangers just because they feel like it, no reason at all

Ah, King hits have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with not paying a bar tab. Most King hits have been made by OTHER tourists, OR crack heads OUTSIDE in the street. I stand by my statement. I've not heard of bar staff assaulting patrons for not paying a bar tab. Last King hit in Australia was done by two Irish brothers here on holidays, Drugs and alcohol was the cause....

Thje double standard reaches far beyond pricing ...... get in any altercation with a Thai and you are going to lose!! I got rear ended in my pickup truck, ..no damage to my truck but the idiot that drove into me wiped out the front od his tin can Honda. I had my truck impounded, was hunted for 3 times to be thrown in jail, almost got thrown in prison for wasting court time, .. the guy and the police conspired to change the location of the incident so his friend could say, I backed in to him, ..... AND ENDED UP PAYING THE PRICK 60,000 BAHT

They "beat the krap out of a tourist"? Hardly the case, the yayhoo was not just a tourist, he was allegedly a drunken tourist who refused to pay his bill. The article said he received a minor head wound. The drunk could have just stumbled to incur such a wound or he could have initiated a fight to save his B160--I would like to see a video of the confrontation.

What would happen in Oz if a drunk walked-out on his tab and then when accosted outside refused to pay?