Chiang Mai: Bag Snatcher Arrests, Nine Thefts Reported in One Day

webfact

Bag Snatcher Arrests, Nine Thefts Reported in One Day
by CityNews

bag-snatch-report-1024x768.jpg

CityNews – November 25th, police region 5 released a statement of the arrest of Chuchart Khanthapanya, 22, originally from Uttaradit province for theft.

On the morning of November 19th, Chuchart, wearing a helmet to cover his face while riding a motorcycle, snatched a handbag from a Chinese tourist, Xiaomin Bao, 27, at the entrance of the soi to Roseate Hotel on Phra Pok Klao road in Sri Phum area.

The handbag contained 400 Hong Kong dollars, 100 yuan, a mobile phone, and many important documents.
However, the suspect’s action was caught by CCTV cameras, leading the police to his house in Mae Wang’s Thung Ruang Thong sub-district.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/bag-snatcher-arrests-nine-thefts-reported-in-one-day/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2015-11-25

Meanwhile, last night (November 24th), nine people of both Thai and foreign nationlaities reported to Muang Chiang Mai police that their belongings, mostly wallets and mobile phones, had been stolen from their backpacks and handbags.

No doubt the Chiang Mai gumshoes are already on the case.

I know of cases where purse snatchers put their victims into the hospital. A favorite mode of operation is for two guys to operate from a motorcycle, with the guy on the back grabbing the bag from the shoulder of the victim. Sometimes the victim falls down, breaking bones. This can happen in busy areas in full daylight hours.

I know of cases where purse snatchers put their victims into the hospital. A favorite mode of operation is for two guys to operate from a motorcycle, with the guy on the back grabbing the bag from the shoulder of the victim. Sometimes the victim falls down, breaking bones. This can happen in busy areas in full daylight hours.

Except when this happened to me, I instinctively held on to my camera like grim death when the pillion passenger on a scooter tried to hook the strap with an umbrella. He came straight of the back and was totally out, much to the amusement of bystanders. The only benefit of weighing 110kg!