How to buy and register in foreigner name

chang14

Copy your passport, white entry card, and entrance stamp (maybe this step is only needed for driver's license, but I do it all at the same time every year). Get a copy of your lease or letter from place you are staying. Get 2 passport photos. Go to immigration and fill out the residency paperwork. When they call your number, give the guy your documents and pay the fee. I think 200 baht for each copy. Come back later to pick up. I do not know what city you are in, but I am in Pattaya. Go to the Department of Land and Transportation. Across there is an inspection station where you get the vehicle inspected for like 80 baht. Take that paper along with the green book (ownership papers) back across to DLT and go pay the insurance...

Come to think of it, whenever I register mine I never need any of this. I only go to the window with my green book and pay the insurance lady the fee (like 120 baht) and she gives me the receipt. I go to the other window with my greenbook and pay the guy for the registration. He gives me the paper and I walk upstairs to do my driver's license.

When I originally bought my bike at the auction the auction broker handled the initial registration and changing over paperwork. That was over 5 years ago. But the place you are buying the bike from should know what to do. Unless maybe you are buying from a private seller. I think you do need that residency thing to do the initial one though because I remember there being a box to check on the paperwork at immigration if you needed the certificate because you were buying a car or motorbike.

This question has been answered a million times before. A quick search will help you out.

A quick search will find that every question has been answered a million times. So, no need for Thai Visa? No, as we have found out the answers change quite often, and the same question must be asked from time to time.

This question has been answered a million times before. A quick search will help you out.

A quick search will find that every question has been answered a million times. So, no need for Thai Visa? No, as we have found out the answers change quite often, and the same question must be asked from time to time.

Nonsense. Of course there can be questions that haven't been answered before or variations of already answered questions that might change the result.

But this is a basic question that has really been answered many times before. By your logic you'd have to ask the question again and again because answers will change often.

Though I do have to wonder why there is no sticky topic about this fundamental information.

Anyways, if you are buying new from a dealer, then they'll tell you what they need.

Nonsense. Of course there can be questions that haven't been answered before or variations of already answered questions that might change the result.

But this is a basic question that has really been answered many times before. By your logic you'd have to ask the question again and again because answers will change often.

Though I do have to wonder why there is no sticky topic about this fundamental information.

Anyways, if you are buying new from a dealer, then they'll tell you what they need.

Why is there not a sticky buying and selling a bike in Thailand ? .. It's not like the procedure changes every year, it's been the same since day one.

Every new post is full of the same misinformation ie a cert res is needed to sell a bike, etc, etc ..

Why is there not a sticky buying and selling a bike in Thailand ? .. It's not like the procedure changes every year, it's been the same since day one.

Every new post is full of the same misinformation ie a cert res is needed to sell a bike, etc, etc ..

It doesn't so much change from year to year, as from DLT office to DLT office.

Up-to-date info from various locations is indeed useful.

No idea why people are whining about a new thread. Nothing useful to do, I suppose...