Black hair on old men

daoyai

71 is a bit late except if you are Silvio Berlusconi in Italy, but maybe you could try to think different and not repeat the usual BS of people who talk without really thinking...

GREY HAIR LOOKS OLD, IT'S A FACT, NOT AN OPINION

Hey, I'm 71 and rocking the white hair. Most people don't think I look a day over 70. Problem about dyeing your hair is that it is usually so damn obvious that you're dyeing your hair so what have you actually accomplished? Do you really think people perceive you as younger or just some old dude who's dyed his hair? I think the latter but honestly go for it if denial works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

71 is a bit late except if you are Silvio Berlusconi in Italy, but maybe you could try to think different and not repeat the usual BS of people who talk without really thinking...

Hey, I'm 71 and rocking the white hair. Most people don't think I look a day over 70. Problem about dyeing your hair is that it is usually so damn obvious that you're dyeing your hair so what have you actually accomplished? Do you really think people perceive you as younger or just some old dude who's dyed his hair? I think the latter but honestly go for it if denial works for you.

And dyed hair lets people know that you are old and grey but don't want to admit it so instead you look like a vain oldie with a hair colour that has gone wrong.

I have never seen a guy with dyed hair that looks good or even normal, but plenty of ones that look foolish, and have to agree with "Headgame's comments.

I think the problem with dyeing your hair is that at some level we all kind of think that it's, er....there's no easy way to say this....unmanly. I mean, let's be honest, if you're a man and you're buying a secondhand car your first consideration isn't. "What colour is it?". A man doesn't think that he can cover nine stone of hard-packed lard with £500 worth of designer cotton and make it any more attractive. Men don't do makeup. Men have to be about reality, not the appearance of things. Men aren't designers, advertising executives, museum directors, estate agents and feng shui consultants. They're engineers, scientists, statesmen and (in the Hemingway, Ruark, Mailer, Amis tradition) novelists. Men don't do tag lines. No man has ever said, "This is nice coffee, isn't it?" For men, it's just coffee. No man has ever thought, never mind said, that a salad is "amazing".

If you've got a Y chromosome you know what "All the gear and nowhere near" means. You've never stood on a vibrating plate and thought it would do you any good, and you know that Kettlebells are three dimensional IQ tests: it's just a weight, and if you think otherwise you're an idiot. Dyeing your hair means caring about the opinions of people whose opinions don't matter, and it's a moral issue: it's too easy, like a lady's new frock, and men don't disguise problems they confront them*.

[This message has been approved and sponsored by the "Campaign for the Maintenance of Mad Sexist Stereotypes Which Nevertheless Have a Grain of Truth in Them"]

whats it got to do with dying yer hair as that IS the subject when I last checked
I said there is nothing wrong with it. I take care of my body and mind and when the time comes i have no problem dying my hair provided it is an improvement.

But personally i would not do it if its too obvious. Nothing wrong with taking care of yourself and dressing good and caring about your appearance. But given how many foreigners in Thailand look i doubt many will agree here.

nothing wrong with not doing it either

That's right kannot, nothing wrong with not doing it. So why make such a fuss about those that do? Some guys like to get a tan, or wear make-up, or wear a toupee, or dye their facial hair...whatever. I do none of that, but whatever makes you feel good. If it's not done right, it may not look so good.

Something else, we do judge people on their appearance, especially first impression. You certainly do, as you've already judged old guys who dye their hair...don't you?

i really dont care what the old buggers do, im here to give my opinion and thats all ive done, you dont have to agree or like it its nothing more than words on a website

nah youve trained your brain to think grey hair is old my Mother had white hair at 18, she didnt look old

In my opinion usual BS of the people who do not realize that it's for reasons that most public people as politics dye their hair, it's obvious that they look better for everyone.

People keep repeating that black hair does not look natural but do they wonder if women makeup and other accessories look natural ?

Natural or not is an opinion, but looking old with grey hair is a FACT, so make your choice <3

At 41 years old I play football twice per week... I wouldn't call myself fit, I doubt I'd get through a Triathlon or Marathon but I manage 2 hrs of football.

I'm not grey - I've passed that stage I'm white already !... I guess it makes me look a little older, I'm not really sure of my perception.

My Father in Law who's in his 70's dyes his hair black - I take the mickey out of him.

I'm quite sure there is a fairly common youthfulness / vanity theme going on amongst many Thai men, dying their hair black seems very common.

As another poster mentioned: I too find it somewhat amusing when I see a Western chap who's dyed his hair from grey in an attempt to regain his youthfulness... Gent's... If you're going to dye your hair, make it look natural else you just end up looking like a pratt.

problem is todays world relies on looks not substance

I take it you prefer

ugly women then?

its in the eye of the beholder and skin deep what lies under all that crap is wayyyyyyyyy more important, most people think my Wifes ugly because I like women who arent plucked like a Turkey with those dumb ass painted on eyebrows I like hairy legs arms and chuff its no problem for me.

Wow!

I just cannot believe just what I have read on this thread.

Is this a red neck convention?

Is this still the 1950's?

Such rancid generalisation. Where from did they get the pedestals that they stand upon and then judge others with their self-important opinions?

Half the World (male and female) dyes their hair these days. It's accepted. It's certainly not worthy of being commented upon with such sweeping, generalised, opinionised remarks that I've just read through.

Do these rustics still exist? (Probably in all the the villages spattered around the 'Land of Smiles' with the one little lady who gave them a second glance and with their condescending attitude to her, her family and the neighbourhood in general? Such very special people indeed, with money, of course.)

Now I generalise too. Apologies, but I visit this forum weekly.

Let me start. Firstly, I'm not much of a hair dyer, but I touch up since I've seen flecks of grey. Who wants to look that little bit older than they need to when it takes a small amount of money and five minutes not to? Big deal!

2. Why single out hair dyers? Apart from the fact that basic dignity dictates that we should always look to be seen as our best when out at large, let's start on baldy boys (and there are so many of those it has become almost clone-like.)

They, surely, are not trying to disguise their greying hair but more, it seems, their onset of male pattern baldness which is ugly. What do they call it? Scrape and shine apparently. Why is this not frowned upon by those on their fest of judgementalism. Why is this not vanity?

What about wig wearers? Those covered in tattoos? Teeth-whiteners? Hair combers? And, God/Buddha forbid, hair trans-planters.

Let's run everybody down who aspires to looking the best they think, correctly or mistakenly it seems.

When I walk the streets of London I come across all sorts of human incarnations. Nobody bats an eyelid. It seems that in the backward thinking of ex-pat Thailanders this becomes fair game for negative judgement.

Bkk apes London. Perhaps Thai village life evokes a stagnation or regression of the mental processes.

Two points!

So when ladies dye their hair and it's accepted as commonplace. Why not men? Please do not give the usual macho-man response because you will be dating yourself. Metrosexuality reigns in modern society.

Secondly. The statement "black haired old men" in the OP exposes ignorance (surprise, surprise.) The stuff comes in all shades and, despite your clear vigilance, you have probably never noticed this.

I am not keen on pedestal sitting, parochial minds as you can deduce.

What in H-ll? A bit of hair dye on a man (badly used or otherwise) has failed to excite my interest until these latest postings (there was one other recently) by those amongst us who seem to think like granddads. Whether old enough or not.

If you like your dreams keep them, but what I am sure is that I have never met a guy with grey heir or white hair who looks good !

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1449371173.472699.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1449371188.437522.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1449371208.037379.jpg

I'd post my own photo, but sorry--my avatar will have to do.

Do you have these guys as your screensaver?

No offense but how can you get a boner for gorilla looking "women" ?

At 41 years old I play football twice per week... I wouldn't call myself fit, I doubt I'd get through a Triathlon or Marathon but I manage 2 hrs of football.

I'm not grey - I've passed that stage I'm white already !... I guess it makes me look a little older, I'm not really sure of my perception.

My Father in Law who's in his 70's dyes his hair black - I take the mickey out of him.

I'm quite sure there is a fairly common youthfulness / vanity theme going on amongst many Thai men, dying their hair black seems very common.

As another poster mentioned: I too find it somewhat amusing when I see a Western chap who's dyed his hair from grey in an attempt to regain his youthfulness... Gent's... If you're going to dye your hair, make it look natural else you just end up looking like a pratt.

I take it you prefer

ugly women then?

its in the eye of the beholder and skin deep what lies under all that crap is wayyyyyyyyy more important, most people think my Wifes ugly because I like women who arent plucked like a Turkey with those dumb ass painted on eyebrows I like hairy legs arms and chuff its no problem for me.

RIDICULOUS !

GREY HAIR LOOKS OLD ON 40+ PEOPLE, IT'S A FACT, NOT AN OPINION

of course a teenager with grey hair does not look old

but all the 40+ I know with grey hair really look old.

Dying your hair doesn't not make you look younger.

Dying your hair makes you look like an old person with dyed hair as opposed to an old person without dyed hair.

If you like your dreams keep them, but what I am sure is that I have never met a guy with grey heir or white hair who looks good !

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1449371173.472699.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1449371188.437522.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1449371208.037379.jpg

I'd post my own photo, but sorry--my avatar will have to do.

Do you have these guys as your screensaver?
No, but you don't have to ask my permission to use them.

Who is stupid enough to have grey hair when it is a clear sign that you are old and weak ? It's already so sad to be old that at least we should try to look good !

I earned every gray and white hair on my skull, and have never considered dyeing it. I consider that act one of fear, insecurity, and yes, "weakness." I am old, but my spirit is strong. Nothing out of a bottle is going to change that.

Archived