Black hair on old men

daoyai

You should try it ... works wonders with the ladies and all concerned ... largely because of the Focus on Youthfulness that has taken over the Western World and is finding its way to S.E.A. ....

Gray hair on a head is one thing but when the eyebrows also gray out a man's face turns to fuzziness ... Makes one look 10 years older and people will begin to start asking about your health .... Also with many men one does not have the perfect Salt and Pepper look for years such as with movie star Richard Gere .... Rather - some look like rivers of gray and black - blotched all over and very unbecoming ... Symmetry of the face has proven to be what humans perceive as beauty or handsomeness ... and with blotched hair of various shades - ones head and face become very unbalanced and asymmetrical... the handsomeness factor takes a beating ...

One can ease into have totally darker hair with touch ups and lighter dyes at first - gradually getting to the shade and color one wants... Going quickly to blotched or totally white to dark brown or black will likely raise some eyebrows ... pun intended...

When people perceive you as younger - the whole dynamic changes these days ... a person is thought of as more capable in any number of ways....

Just proving their stupidity

Not really most people who age get slower, its a fact of life. For a while experience backs it up. But most people who are older know they could work harder when younger. Being in shape also helps to look younger and to really retain much of your energy, combine that with staying mentally active and you have a real advantage on those who let go. Plenty of studies that show you need to keep the mind and body active not drown it in alcohol and overfeed it.

You reversed my position ... I was not commenting on what a man could feel inside with exercise - fitness, etc. I am speaking about perception by others... a grayed out set of eyebrows will get you classified by others as way over the hill regardless of how you feel inside...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you have to manage 170% of your VO2 max, twenty seconds on, ten off, until collapse. Most people have nothing like the muscular power nor motivation to manage it.

People die their hair because, 1) they won't do wrestler's bridges to stop their neck wasting away, 2) won't do high-intensity weight training so that they're built like a tank, 3) won't work their jaw to avoid demineralisation, and 4) won't control their diets and exercise to avoid becoming fat.

Face facts, a guy with a neck like a turtle, no muscles, no jaw line and 40% fat isn't going to look any better because he's got an implausible mop of black hair. But grey short hair with abs and big muscles looks okay - "I'm old, what of it? You'll either die or be this age - it's one or the other - and we'll see how you look if you make it". Raging against the darkening of the light is a cool thing to do. Dyeing your hair is pathetic.

The emphasis is not about physical aging and how you feel ... it is how you are perceived by others... All things being equal a 55 year old salesman who dyes his hair will be perceived as younger by clients - and more 'with it' - more capable than the same age salesman who lets his hair go totally white. Wisdom of the old white haired grandpa is given short shrift in these modern days.

Taken out of context i know that research i do HIIT it takes longer as 3 minutes especially if you count warmup and cool down. I bet most cant even do HIIT as you need to go full out.

But what has that to do with my point that as we age we deteriorate? Exercise like HIIT does help we cant stop it anyway. But someone who does exercise can be in far better health as a younger gu who does not.

Vanity, they are sad old b'stards, looks are everything to shallow empty headed people, I go out of my way now to wear tatty clothes just so they can look down on me even more than normal with their small minded cretin like brains

So anyone who cares about the way they look are "shallow empty headed people?" This would apply to most everybody the world over, farang and Thai alike. Unless you're a bum...or this guy:

attachicon.gifRobert Dear.jpg

I am a bum but not this guy...he looks fine to me, I said looks are everything to shallow empty headed people stop putting words into my mouth..........Einsteins hair example

Sir, you are no Einstein. That I'm certain of.

At 41 years old I play football twice per week... I wouldn't call myself fit, I doubt I'd get through a Triathlon or Marathon but I manage 2 hrs of football.

I'm not grey - I've passed that stage I'm white already !... I guess it makes me look a little older, I'm not really sure of my perception.

My Father in Law who's in his 70's dyes his hair black - I take the mickey out of him.

I'm quite sure there is a fairly common youthfulness / vanity theme going on amongst many Thai men, dying their hair black seems very common.

As another poster mentioned: I too find it somewhat amusing when I see a Western chap who's dyed his hair from grey in an attempt to regain his youthfulness... Gent's... If you're going to dye your hair, make it look natural else you just end up looking like a pratt.

Most older Thais do not have a hairy chest or beard, so guess dyed hair looks OK as everything showing is the same colour........... what is left of my hair is white as is my beard and chest... but used hair dye for years to match the rest, but not since all the rest went white 10 years ago.

The Father [Thai] lives in the next house with his Son + family, they moved in 12 years ago, he had then and still has a blue tint.. most Thais I know dye there hair from around age 40, men and women so is the norm I think

In my opinion usual BS of the people who do not realize that it's for reasons that most public people as politics dye their hair, it's obvious that they look better for everyone.

People keep repeating that black hair does not look natural but do they wonder if women makeup and other accessories look natural ?

Natural or not is an opinion, but looking old with grey hair is a FACT, so make your choice <3

At 41 years old I play football twice per week... I wouldn't call myself fit, I doubt I'd get through a Triathlon or Marathon but I manage 2 hrs of football.

I'm not grey - I've passed that stage I'm white already !... I guess it makes me look a little older, I'm not really sure of my perception.

My Father in Law who's in his 70's dyes his hair black - I take the mickey out of him.

I'm quite sure there is a fairly common youthfulness / vanity theme going on amongst many Thai men, dying their hair black seems very common.

As another poster mentioned: I too find it somewhat amusing when I see a Western chap who's dyed his hair from grey in an attempt to regain his youthfulness... Gent's... If you're going to dye your hair, make it look natural else you just end up looking like a pratt.

Taken out of context i know that research i do HIIT it takes longer as 3 minutes especially if you count warmup and cool down. I bet most cant even do HIIT as you need to go full out.

But what has that to do with my point that as we age we deteriorate? Exercise like HIIT does help we cant stop it anyway. But someone who does exercise can be in far better health as a younger gu who does not.

I don't think hair dye is any substitute for exercise.

Also, I'm not sure who is kidded by hair dye. Personally,m I think grey hair makes you look mature, while hair dye has the air of a death mask about it.

But I suppose so long as the wearer feels that he looks cool, that's the main thing. I'd hate to live my life worrying that my grey roots were showing.

SC

Dont know about gray hair yet. But when i do start graying I will invest in the upkeep of myself just as i do my homes, vehicles and any other property i value. If i can spend thousands to preserve the value of "things" i can surely spend a buck fifty for some hair dye. I guess it depends on ones self esteem. If you dont give a rat's ass then i guess you will look like one.

Vanity, they are sad old b'stards, looks are everything to shallow empty headed people, I go out of my way now to wear tatty clothes just so they can look down on me even more than normal with their small minded cretin like brains

So anyone who cares about the way they look are "shallow empty headed people?" This would apply to most everybody the world over, farang and Thai alike. Unless you're a bum...or this guy:

attachicon.gifRobert Dear.jpg

I am a bum but not this guy...he looks fine to me, I said looks are everything to shallow empty headed people stop putting words into my mouth..........Einsteins hair example

Sir, you are no Einstein. That I'm certain of.

Im no "Sir" either so no need for arse licking

post-227968-0-37856900-1449263750_thumb.

Dont know about gray hair yet. But when i do start graying I will invest in the upkeep of myself just as i do my homes, vehicles and any other property i value. If i can spend thousands to preserve the value of "things" i can surely spend a buck fifty for some hair dye. I guess it depends on ones self esteem. If you dont give a rat's ass then i guess you will look like one.

Not sure if just because someone doesn't want to add something false to their body means they don't care about themselves.

I guess we are getting to the time of year now when kids the world over are awaiting their favourite man to show up.

Could you imagine if the old boy became vain and dyed his hair ?

Women have been doing whatever they can to look better.So I believe men should do the same if they want.I believe if you feel better

About yourself if you do something,then go for it.

hey he died at 55 but ferrrrrrrk he sure looked good, hey he died at 95 but looked like crap...............so what , sad buggers dye their hair, hey do you comb over that last bit of fluff also, nothing funnier than jet black hair on some old guy

In my opinion usual BS of the people who do not realize that it's for reasons that most public people as politics dye their hair, it's obvious that they look better for everyone.

People keep repeating that black hair does not look natural but do they wonder if women makeup and other accessories look natural ?

Natural or not is an opinion, but looking old with grey hair is a FACT, so make your choice <3

problem is todays world relies on looks not substance

whats it got to do with dying yer hair as that IS the subject when I last checked

whats it got to do with dying yer hair as that IS the subject when I last checked
I said there is nothing wrong with it. I take care of my body and mind and when the time comes i have no problem dying my hair provided it is an improvement.

But personally i would not do it if its too obvious. Nothing wrong with taking care of yourself and dressing good and caring about your appearance. But given how many foreigners in Thailand look i doubt many will agree here.

I said there is nothing wrong with it. I take care of my body and mind and when the time comes i have no problem dying my hair provided it is an improvement.

But personally i would not do it if its too obvious. Nothing wrong with taking care of yourself and dressing good and caring about your appearance. But given how many foreigners in Thailand look i doubt many will agree here.

nothing wrong with not doing it either

Of course not its a personal choice. I would of course take into consideration how others would like it but the main thing is do I want it or not.

Who is stupid enough to have grey hair when it is a clear sign that you are old and weak ? It's already so sad to be old that at least we should try to look good !

Problem being that it DOESN'T make you look good, it stands out like racing dogs goolies and makes you look like a pratt.......same goes with other colour dyes, so in the end you don't "look good", only vain and foolish!

That's right kannot, nothing wrong with not doing it. So why make such a fuss about those that do? Some guys like to get a tan, or wear make-up, or wear a toupee, or dye their facial hair...whatever. I do none of that, but whatever makes you feel good. If it's not done right, it may not look so good.

Something else, we do judge people on their appearance, especially first impression. You certainly do, as you've already judged old guys who dye their hair...don't you?

If you like your dreams keep them, but what I am sure is that I have never met a guy with grey heir or white hair who looks good !

AS EASY AS THIS <3

Who is stupid enough to have grey hair when it is a clear sign that you are old and weak ? It's already so sad to be old that at least we should try to look good !

Problem being that it DOESN'T make you look good, it stands out like racing dogs goolies and makes you look like a pratt.......same goes with other colour dyes, so in the end you don't "look good", only vain and foolish!

problem is todays world relies on looks not substance

I take it you prefer

ugly women then?

Hey, I'm 71 and rocking the white hair. Most people don't think I look a day over 70. Problem about dyeing your hair is that it is usually so damn obvious that you're dyeing your hair so what have you actually accomplished? Do you really think people perceive you as younger or just some old dude who's dyed his hair? I think the latter but honestly go for it if denial works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived