Alleged Islamist militant arrested in Spain over plot to kill Swedish cartoonist

rooster59

Alleged Islamist militant arrested in Spain over plot to kill Swedish cartoonist

post-247607-0-95869700-1449935483_thumb.

An alleged Islamist militant has been arrested in Spain’s northeastern region of Catalonia over a foiled plot to kill a Swedish artist.

Ali Charef Damache, who has dual Algerian-Irish nationality, is wanted by the FBI for conspiracy.

It is said to be in connection with a foiled plot to murder a Lars Vilks, whose depiction of the Prophet Mohammad with the body of a dog triggered huge Muslim protests.

Damache was detained after police received information he was in Barcelona, according to one security official.

Colleen LaRose, a Pennsylvania woman who called herself Jihad Jane, is serving a 10-year sentence for conspiring, allegedly with Damache, to try to kill Vilks.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-12-12

Why don't these devout Islamic people just seek justice in a peaceful and judicial way and just lobby for a democratic law

that enables punishment for mocking a figure that is revered by millions. I'm sure they can find draft samples

of such a law somewhere to get such a process going.

Or easier still, just counter with a similar depiction of Lars Vilks.

Can you imagine the sheer sterility of worldwide Islamic domination? Let alone the feeling of terror. A little example that might surprise: Malaysia, which is falsely lauded as a "moderate" Islamic nation. The country's education minister is asking the public for help in tracking down the two teenagers, male and female who...briefly hugged and kissed. Malaysia, truly Asia? And retirement articles regularly list Malaysia in the top 5 places worldwide for farang to retire in. Clueless idiots.

Well done to the Spanish police..

It's good to see the international effort to rid the world of evil-doers and wrong'uns.

Perhaps if we could all focus on those that are actually bad, rather than the whole religion, more extremists could be put behind bars.

Some Muslims are void of any sense of humour.

I don't recall any radicalised Christians going on a shooting frenzy when Charlie Hebdo published this and many other satirical cartoons of Jesus.

And yes, I know Islam forbids the depiction of Allah.

post-157796-0-41872500-1449981673_thumb.

Some Muslims are void of any sense of humour.

I don't recall any radicalised Christians going on a shooting frenzy when Charlie Hebdo published this and many other satirical cartoons of Jesus.

And yes, I know Islam forbids the depiction of Allah.

If they were really that devout the usual extremist Muslims would actually be the ones exacting revenge for any cartoon mocking Christ as he is meant to be a revered prophet within Islam.

I'm sure he's innocent, after all, Islam is a religion of peace.

You are absolutely technically correct. The definition of Peace in Arabic is "Complete subjugation to Allah" And of course Islam approves retaliation to any affront to Islam or it's prophet. A bit different to "Turn the other cheek" from an alternative prophet."

Kinda reminiscent of "Pax Romanis," isn't it?

I'm sure he's innocent, after all, Islam is a religion of peace.

You are absolutely technically correct. The definition of Peace in Arabic is "Complete subjugation to Allah" And of course Islam approves retaliation to any affront to Islam or it's prophet. A bit different to "Turn the other cheek" from an alternative prophet."

Kinda reminiscent of "Pax Romanis," isn't it?

Depends which way you view matters. As you say 'Islam' is based upon an Arabic root word, can also infer an individual's peace (Inner Peace) can be reached by submitting to the will of God. In other words a metaphysical emphasis rather than political.