New Zealand judges rules Kim Dotcom can be extradited to US

webfact

New Zealand judges rules Kim Dotcom can be extradited to US

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — A New Zealand judge has ruled that colorful Internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom and three of his colleagues can be extradited to the United States to face criminal copyright charges.

Dotcom's lawyers said they will appeal the decision.

Judge Nevin Dawson's ruling on Wednesday comes nearly four years after U.S. authorities shut down Dotcom's Megaupload website, which some visitors had used to illegally download songs and movies.

The U.S. has charged the men with conspiracy to commit copyright infringement, racketeering and money laundering. If found guilty, they could face decades in jail.

The case could have broader implications for Internet copyright rules. Dotcom's lawyer Ron Mansfield said earlier that if the U.S. side prevails, websites from YouTube to Facebook would need to more carefully police their content.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-12-23

It was illegal, thats enough. The guy is a complete douchebag anyways

Says he who advocates watching movies and alike on Kodi.laugh.png

post-8794-1403702267.gif

Dude really? Im not doing anything illegal at all watching movies. As long as I dont download (which I dont) its perfectly legal. And I dont buy into illegal IPTV sites either.....make sure you have your facts straight before you try and call someone out.

post-8794-1403702267.gif

Dude really? Im not doing anything illegal at all watching movies. As long as I dont download (which I dont) its perfectly legal. And I dont buy into illegal IPTV sites either.....make sure you have your facts straight before you try and call someone out.

Do you have a short memory.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/874379-android-boxes-and-the-like/?p=10132937

2Fishin2 Posted 2015-11-29 10:45:35

Do like me, wait a day after the shows have aired and watch them after they have been downloaded.

Also streaming sites like Genesis, 1Channel or SALTS just to name a few are illegal steaming sites, because they STEAL the links.

If you think they are legal, try to discuss them on the official Kodi forum.

post-8794-1403702267.gif

Do you have a short memory.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/874379-android-boxes-and-the-like/?p=10132937

2Fishin2 Posted 2015-11-29 10:45:35

Do like me, wait a day after the shows have aired and watch them after they have been downloaded.

Also streaming sites like Genesis, 1Channel or SALTS just to name a few are illegal steaming sites, because they STEAL the links.

If you think they are legal, try to discuss them on the official Kodi forum.

The addons i use are not downloaded and i watch them off the add on servers which is not illegal.

This thread is about a person who is nothing but a thief getting caught. Now he is paying the price. Good I say!

so why do the US go after Kim Dot.com and Megaupload rather than go for one of the largest (the largest) Torrent websites in the world - Bittorrent? Oh I know because Bittorrent is a US company! I wonder who you would find if you followed the money there ?

so why do the US go after Kim Dot.com and Megaupload rather than go for one of the largest (the largest) Torrent websites in the world - Bittorrent? Oh I know because Bittorrent is a US company! I wonder who you would find if you followed the money there ?

Hey Al do some reading before you make your statements. According the Wiki, over 200,000 people have been sued for using Bittorrent since 2010.

Pretty interesting article....