297 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your ONE top choice for Thaivisa POSTER OF THE YEAR 2015

• Crazy Chef 1
    • NancyL
    • SoiBiker
    • Transam
    • villagefarang

This poll is closed to new votes

Interesting attempt to claim the moral high ground. Thai visa as a kind of batsignal for Nancy the superhero. That's a mighty high horse you're riding.

This poll is meant to be a bit of fun. A concept you've clearly struggled with from the start.

You're not having a bit of fun? Aw shucks. You're high maintenance!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Expat Alert" with only 2 posts under your belt, and no knowledge of how to use the "Quote" function you're a perfect example of what the Mods say when they think that members should have 100 posts before they're allowed to vote.

Maybe he's got 10,000 Posts under another name...biggrin.png

I

Trans Am posted nine times with several music videos, Soi Biker had seven posts with his "Nullist" message and with just five posts, VillageFarang managed to stir up some p@@p, probably because

he's posting just a little to close to home, where people remember how he was singlehandedly responsible for turning the Thai Visa Chiang Rai forum into the ghost town it is today.

I've heard reference to this but I don't know the details..and maybe this is not the place to hear about it.

I googled yesterday and saw there is a local Chiang Rai forum with almost 1200 members. Maybe Villagefarang should canvas there? He has 17 votes now, so he could appeal to those other 1200 to increase his numbers. Home town and all

Interesting attempt to claim the moral high ground. Thai visa as a kind of batsignal for Nancy the superhero. That's a mighty high horse you're riding.

This poll is meant to be a bit of fun. A concept you've clearly struggled with from the start.

I'm going to put a cape on Mr. Bitey.

I can have fun. That's the beauty of Thai Visa, there are something like 8000 subforums, so you there's something for everyone, at any time of day. To trash it out with a "Null Vote" is well, just .... plain..... wrong.

Edit: Didn't take me long. post-68373-0-18161900-1451307454_thumb.j

The clock is ticking..

True. But a lot can happen in over TWO DAYS! Not to mention the predictable last minute shenanigans.

Nah, that happened last year. This year's vote seems much more solid thanks to your integrity and input. You're a good discussion leader. Sometimes a little bit too much. ;-)

Got any pics of Thai ladyboys driving Transams?

Why do I have a feeling you have.....whistling.gif .............laugh.png

Don't know? Crude stereotyping, I reckon. Dude, you're the one named TRANS!

Anyway, THAI CONTENT is always good for bonus points.

Edited by Jingthing

I'd like to draw everyone's attention to what I thought was going to be an obscure thread on the Chiang Mai forum. You know a simple, informative post to my hometown friends to let them know had the honor to be in the running for Thai Visa POTY. Jingthing did a similar thing in his Pattaya forum last year, where he's beloved for his threads about restaurants and baht buses.

Little did I know that nearly all the other contestants would pile onto my thread, with one turning into the continuation of a feud that apparently resulted in the melt down of the Chiang Rai forum.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881630-thank-you-for-your-support-now-onto-the-poty-finals/

Trans Am posted nine times with several music videos, Soi Biker had seven posts with his "Nullist" message and with just five posts, VillageFarang managed to stir up some p@@p, probably because he's posting just a little to close to home, where people remember how he was singlehandedly responsible for turning the Thai Visa Chiang Rai forum into the ghost town it is today.

The only POTY candidate who remained a gentleman and stayed away was CrazyChef, probably because he was too busy making his little corner of the universe a better place. Rather than trashing out someone else's nice little corner of the universe.

Thanks Nancy...but I have to admit I haven't been a gent today I went spear fishing...but didn't catch anything

Actually I think you're wrong. I think more people in the world hear Trans and think about the gender identity meaning and very few people would hear Trans and think of a car. But, whatever, no biggie. I am not an admin or a mod, but if you think it helps your votes to play that game, that's valid enough. No campaign rules here.

Very few people outside the U.S. would think of the car first, for sure.

Yeah, the word "TransAm" as in "Transit America" i.e. from the Smokey and the Bandit movies is just so 1970s. And remember, Hubby and I owned a 1976 Screaming Eagle Black Trans Am, with a 6.6 Liter Engine, but we matured.

I do think that now, when most people hear the word "Trans" applied to a person, they think of the gender connotation.

Yeah, the word "TransAm" as in "Transit America" i.e. from the Smokey and the Bandit movies is just so 1970s. And remember, Hubby and I owned a 1976 Screaming Eagle Black Trans Am, with a 6.6 Liter Engine, but we matured.

I do think that now, when most people hear the word "Trans" applied to a person, they think of the gender connotation.

Not me.

First thing I think of is karaoke.

Edited by StreetCowboy

Actually I think you're wrong. I think more people in the world hear Trans and think about the gender identity meaning and very few people would hear Trans and think of a car. But, whatever, no biggie. I am not an admin or a mod, but if you think it helps your votes to play that game, that's valid enough. No campaign rules here.

Hmmmmmmm, most of my posts here have been REPLYING to POTY feeeerkin ADMIN.........YOU.........Why don't you just bugger off somewhere, STOP protecting YOUR chum and let voters do their stuff...?

Trans has NOT slagged any contestant off....FACT....

POTY ADMIN HAS........YES/NO.....

dude, I'm not going to enable your hostility bomb. You're free to campaign as you like, and go as negative as you like as there are no specific CAMPAIGN RULES here. But I don't have to play with you any more.

I own a pretty cool car too. I just don't bang on about it because it's just my car, not a replacement for having a personality.

I wish I'd thought of that. I've been given a Nissan, which has less personality than the Proton, and couldn't pull the skin off custard.

I own a pretty cool car too. I just don't bang on about it because it's just my car, not a replacement for having a personality.

Exept for Bikesbiggrin.png

I've no idea what that comment is even supposed to mean. Could you maybe make things clearer by attempting a complete sentence?

Trying to grab some cool credits for owning a TransAm. That's hilarious considering you graduated to a Prius, You can't have it both ways.