It's Down to the Wire -- Please Support Thai Visa Poster of the Year

NancyL

How utterly sad. How old are you? Begging anonymous people to vote for you for all the 'good deeds' you've done in order to win some meaningless online comp? Must be an American thing. Dear me, some people must have so much free time. I had no intention of wasting time on this, but after reading the op, will have to vote now... for any other of the above.

If you're saying this contest is meaningless, then you're also saying ThaiVisa is meaningless.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How utterly sad. How old are you? Begging anonymous people to vote for you for all the 'good deeds' you've done in order to win some meaningless online comp? Must be an American thing. Dear me, some people must have so much free time. I had no intention of wasting time on this, but after reading the op, will have to vote now... for any other of the above.

Did you, Soi Biker or some of the others who think this contest is ridiculous actually read the links to the two pages of the mammoth Immigration Promenada thread that Cyberfarang so thoughtfully posted? Those are two very well-selected pages that show what I was doing in going there periodically to observe conditions, report on ThaiVisa and make reports to the foreign consuls. That thread is serving a valuable role in collecting everyone's observations and reports about what's happening there.

Well, as a result of my efforts, I was asked not to return to Immigration Promenada unless it's to take care of my own personal business. I was asked in a way that was rather frightening. Since then I had occasion to go to the old Imm. office at the airport location to help a foreigner in the hospital, and judging by the reception I received there, I realized I'm banned from that office, too and I wasn't doing that foreigner any favors to show his passport and ask questions on his behalf, so I got out of there.

(When I was told not to come back to Imm. Prom. again, nothing was said about Imm. Airport, incidentally)

My own visa extension is coming up in a couple weeks and it should be an interesting experience.

So, I've gone out on a limb to provide reporting to the expat community numerous times in a Thai Visa thread and I've been made into a scapegoat by Chiang Mai Immigration.

So, that's why it's important to me to win this contest. I've made a contribution to Thai Visa that's put myself at risk. It would be nice to have a little appreciation.

Or a sympathy vote[emoji23]

Another null voter!

The POTY contest , just like an American election, has become a farce.

A null vote makes the most sense, and is appropriate under the circumstances.

As soon as I see passions and self-interest enter the fray, I am vanquished. Little injuries kill me.

I am - I hope you will forgive the arrogance of the comparison - like Achilles: vulnerable by the heel.

David48... R.I.P.

Another null voter!

The POTY contest , just like an American election, has become a farce.

A null vote makes the most sense, and is appropriate under the circumstances.

As soon as I see passions and self-interest enter the fray, I am vanquished. Little injuries kill me.

I am - I hope you will forgive the arrogance of the comparison - like Achilles: vulnerable by the heel.

David48... R.I.P.

Your a bit of a Heel ,the rest was too hard for me..gigglem.gif

......Here, at long last is the photo of "my little family" that caused all the controversay on last year's POTY thread. Hubby and Mr. Bitey (not their real names) having a little fun:

attachicon.gifMr. Bitey and Hubby.jpg

GASP!!!!

First VillageFarang stole my Cat, now you've got her!

And you're hanging her upside down!!

Please return poor Scully Cat to her rightful home here in Prachinburi. Come home, Scully, come home....

Did you, Soi Biker or some of the others who think this contest is ridiculous actually read the links to the two pages of the mammoth Immigration Promenada thread that Cyberfarang so thoughtfully posted? Those are two very well-selected pages that show what I was doing in going there periodically to observe conditions, report on ThaiVisa and make reports to the foreign consuls. That thread is serving a valuable role in collecting everyone's observations and reports about what's happening there.

Well, as a result of my efforts, I was asked not to return to Immigration Promenada unless it's to take care of my own personal business. I was asked in a way that was rather frightening. Since then I had occasion to go to the old Imm. office at the airport location to help a foreigner in the hospital, and judging by the reception I received there, I realized I'm banned from that office, too and I wasn't doing that foreigner any favors to show his passport and ask questions on his behalf, so I got out of there.

(When I was told not to come back to Imm. Prom. again, nothing was said about Imm. Airport, incidentally)

My own visa extension is coming up in a couple weeks and it should be an interesting experience.

So, I've gone out on a limb to provide reporting to the expat community numerous times in a Thai Visa thread and I've been made into a scapegoat by Chiang Mai Immigration.

So, that's why it's important to me to win this contest. I've made a contribution to Thai Visa that's put myself at risk. It would be nice to have a little appreciation.

You see, to me that just sounds like you made a nuisance of yourself over something I have no interest in whatsoever.

You may have to face the fact that whilst what you is doubtless of some value to your flock of elderly Chiang Mai expats, there are a great many others here who simply don't care. Sorry to be so blunt, but there it is.

Yikes!

It appears you have become a liability to Thaivisa. TV may have no choice but to ban you.

Sorry. You cannot be allowed to win POTY, for the good of TV, and for your own good.

So since Transam is the only one close to you in the polling, I shout..

SAVE THAIVISA! VOTE TRANSAM!

You piss off the Police that we all must deal with and think you are doing us a favor?

You foolishly put yourself at risk and expect respect and appreciation for it?

You see, to me that just sounds like you made a nuisance of yourself over something I have no interest in whatsoever.

You may have to face the fact that whilst what you is doubtless of some value to your flock of elderly Chiang Mai expats, there are a great many others here who simply don't care. Sorry to be so blunt, but there it is.

Jeeze SB but yet again that's OTT. Tell me, if you do ever graduate from high school, what are your career plans, I'd avoid PR, HR and most anything to do with people if I were you!

If you're saying this contest is meaningless, then you're also saying ThaiVisa is meaningless.

Not TV, more the people that abuse it for a shot in the arm. Suggest chill out and don't sweat the small stuff (and this is very small stuff), esp if you're moving on in years. Hope the new year brings you some peace. smile.png

Jeeze SB but yet again that's OTT. Tell me, if you do ever graduate from high school, what are your career plans, I'd avoid PR, HR and most anything to do with people if I were you!

And I was trying so hard to win you as a friend. Edited by SoiBiker

......Here, at long last is the photo of "my little family" that caused all the controversay on last year's POTY thread. Hubby and Mr. Bitey (not their real names) having a little fun:

attachicon.gifMr. Bitey and Hubby.jpg

GASP!!!!

First VillageFarang stole my Cat, now you've got her!

And you're hanging her upside down!!

Please return poor Scully Cat to her rightful home here in Prachinburi. Come home, Scully, come home....

And we painted an orange mustache on her and Hubby used his glue gun to attach a little something to her hinny.

I hope you never grow old, Soi Biker. It's only for the courageous.

How many are watching the videos you post?

I hope you never grow old, Soi Biker. It's only for the courageous.

Wow. I don't think anybody has ever gone as far as to wish an early death on me before.

You're quite a piece of work, Nance.

The voting thread was locked so I'll post the OFFICIAL final voting tally here:

POTY 2015 GRAND FINALE OFFICIAL FINAL VOTE COUNT
It's NancyL for the Crown!
NancyL 105 votes
Transam 100 votes
villagefarang 24 votes
Crazy Chef 1 -- 9 votes
SoiBiker 5 votes
THE POTTIES Committee in Milwaukee thanks you for voting.
POTY WINNER has been crowned: NancyL.
No rights reserved.
Edited by Jingthing

Thank you everyone. If he'll have me, I'd like to go down to Pattaya and meet Jingthing (yes,we're just internet buddies) and ride the baht buses with him.

And then I'd like to spend a couple days observing operations at the Jomtien Imm. office -- I've heard it's one of the best in Thailand. Frankly, I don't think their customers are any more polite, well-dressed or prepared than the ones in Chiang Mai. So how is it that they manage to process applications so much faster?

Then, maybe over a box of wine, Jingthing and I can hatch plans for next years POTY contest.

Then maybe visit a meeting of one or two of their competing expats club.

Doesn't that sound like a great time in Pattaya?