BMW X1 - all new 2016 please date Thailand?

MrJ

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post Edited - Non English If you can find an English translation of the option list, repost

Forum Rule -

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

Well looks like the Germans are almost as badly ripped off as we are in LOS.

The base BMW X1 2.0L 228hp all wheel drive list price in the US is $35k or around 1.2M baht.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/byo/byohome.aspx?namodelcode=16XB#

But so what, if you want the badge in LOS, pay the price in LOS. The cost in Farang land is irrelevant.

Agree. And don't forget if you buy a car with strong residuals in Thailand you will only lose around 20% over two years or so.

In the UK you would be looking at 40-50%

Edited by Cook my sock

Well looks like the Germans are almost as badly ripped off as we are in LOS.

The base BMW X1 2.0L 228hp all wheel drive list price in the US is $35k or around 1.2M baht.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/byo/byohome.aspx?namodelcode=16XB#

But so what, if you want the badge in LOS, pay the price in LOS. The cost in Farang land is irrelevant.

I agree with. Its still interesting to compare. BMW clearly price their products according to marketplace. USA has some 300 million people, and along with UK, is the cheapest places to buy cars in the world, and better spec'ed. So often I have looked with envy on the prices in the US, compared to Norway, where I grew up.

Most people in Norway are stuck with the downsized, under powered "Norwegian" versions of BMW's. In Germany, they would sell a 320i with 190hp, where in Norway, exactly the same car is only 163hp - for tax reasons. In the US, nobody would buy a 320i - the lowest spec they care to sell is a 330i. In Norway, we even have 316i and 318i.. Yeah!

Post Edited - Non English If you can find an English translation of the option list, repost

Forum Rule -

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

• 223 Dynamic Damper Control
  • 248 steering wheel heating
  • 258 Run-flat tires
  • 28B 19 '' alloy wheels Y-spoke 511, bicolour, Orbit Grey / high-sheen
  • 2TB 8-speed Steptronic sport transmission
  • 2VL Variable steering incl. Servotronic
  • 302 Alarm
  • 313 Exterior mirror package
  • 316 Automatic operation of tailgate
  • 322 Comfort Access (Keyless Entry)
  • 3MC BMW Individual roof rails high-gloss Shadow Line
  • 430 Interior and exterior mirrors automatically dimming
  • 431 automatically dimming interior mirror
  • 441 smokers package
  • 470 ISOFIX child seat attachment for passenger seat
  • 488 Lumbar support for driver and front passenger, electrically adjustable in height and depth
  • 494 Seat heating for driver and front passenger
  • 4FD seats for rear seats
  • 4LS Interior trim finishers Aluminium, finely brushed lengthwise with accent strips in Pearl Gloss Chrome
  • 508 Park Distance Control (PDC) front and rear incl. ParkAssistent
  • 5A4 LED headlamps with cornering light
  • 5AS Driving Assistant
  • 650 CD drive
  • 654 DAB-Tuner
  • 676 HiFi loudspeaker system
  • 6AK ConnectedDrive Services
  • 6NS Comfort telephony with advanced smartphone connectivity
  • 6UP Navigation Plus, inkl. BMW Head-Up Display
  • 710 M leather steering wheel
  • 760 BMW Individual High glans Shadow Line
  • 775 BMW Individual headliner anthracite
  • 7LH Convenience package
  • 7S9 ConnectedDrive Services package
  • 9BD Business Package
  • MET Metallic paint
  • PD Dakota leather

Google translated ;)

I think you are optimistic. X1's seem to loose a lot more the 20% after 2 years.

http://www.taladrod.com/w30/iCar/SchMktPrc.aspx?mk=6&md=666

Yes but you've intentionally chosen a last gen car with weak residuals

I choose the only X1 with available used data. Those prices for the old model would have been set before the new model was released anyway. As the new model becomes available, the old model will drop more.

If you want to eliminate the effect of model change, look at the used value of another common model like the 320i. I think you will find most loose more than 20% in 2 years.

Forum Rule -

• 223 Dynamic Damper Control
  • 248 steering wheel heating
  • 258 Run-flat tires
  • 28B 19 '' alloy wheels Y-spoke 511, bicolour, Orbit Grey / high-sheen
  • 2TB 8-speed Steptronic sport transmission
  • 2VL Variable steering incl. Servotronic
  • 302 Alarm
  • 313 Exterior mirror package
  • 316 Automatic operation of tailgate
  • 322 Comfort Access (Keyless Entry)
  • 3MC BMW Individual roof rails high-gloss Shadow Line
  • 430 Interior and exterior mirrors automatically dimming
  • 431 automatically dimming interior mirror
  • 441 smokers package
  • 470 ISOFIX child seat attachment for passenger seat
  • 488 Lumbar support for driver and front passenger, electrically adjustable in height and depth
  • 494 Seat heating for driver and front passenger
  • 4FD seats for rear seats
  • 4LS Interior trim finishers Aluminium, finely brushed lengthwise with accent strips in Pearl Gloss Chrome
  • 508 Park Distance Control (PDC) front and rear incl. ParkAssistent
  • 5A4 LED headlamps with cornering light
  • 5AS Driving Assistant
  • 650 CD drive
  • 654 DAB-Tuner
  • 676 HiFi loudspeaker system
  • 6AK ConnectedDrive Services
  • 6NS Comfort telephony with advanced smartphone connectivity
  • 6UP Navigation Plus, inkl. BMW Head-Up Display
  • 710 M leather steering wheel
  • 760 BMW Individual High glans Shadow Line
  • 775 BMW Individual headliner anthracite
  • 7LH Convenience package
  • 7S9 ConnectedDrive Services package
  • 9BD Business Package
  • MET Metallic paint
  • PD Dakota leather

Google translated ;)

Here's the horse's mouth version in English for all three. Btw 2.349m and 2.49m specs are xline. I've decided to order an X1 petrol as my mileage will be low, I doubt I'll get an extra 150k come resale in a few years, and they've added a few of the options I wanted missing on CBU.

These are electric tailgate and reverse camera.

post-241826-0-59412000-1458105589_thumb.

post-241826-0-13852700-1458105597_thumb.

post-241826-0-96086600-1458105604_thumb.

I think you are optimistic. X1's seem to loose a lot more the 20% after 2 years.

I choose the only X1 with available used data. Those prices for the old model would have been set before the new model was released anyway. As the new model becomes available, the old model will drop more.

If you want to eliminate the effect of model change, look at the used value of another common model like the 320i. I think you will find most loose more than 20% in 2 years.

As i said, choose a car with strong residuals and you'll lose only around 20% after 2 years. Not sure what part of my original post you didn't understand Edited by Cook my sock

As i said, choose a car with strong residuals and you'll lose only around 20% after 2 years. Not sure what part of my original post you didn't understand

I understand all of your post. I just don't agree with the 20% estimate when talking about cheaper prestige models like the X1.

where are you going to make the deal? please let me know what deal did you get discount/free bees? do you have any specs about the petrol engine? trade in?

Thanks

As i said, choose a car with strong residuals and you'll lose only around 20% after 2 years. Not sure what part of my original post you didn't understand

Mercedes Benz and BMW don't have - or no more have - premium quality. Read the US consumer reports where the Benz A and C class get a very bad quality reports.

These cars are mostly bought in Thailand to show «I am rich». Compared to the new Mazda CX-5, the X-1 is smaller, less powerful and has outdated technology.

Please you not see consumer report.

You try after say.

Mazda good car.

Bat its defferent qulity material and even basic spec.

And talking about x1. Yo say about Benz A..

You can say even about sprinter with poor spec.

Open You secret Benz A its not all BENZ car.

And ofcouse not All Benz it LUX.

So you say Mazda can compare with X1?

You look tgis is two car( I am even not ask did you try)?

;)

As Juhoe says, the CX5 may be the best non-stupidly priced option.

Honestly say if buy some premium or lix not have non-stupidly priced.

Its just have like and can or can't pay.

Another way can say food non-stupidly price in Thailand its Rice.

;)

A lot of what Jitar says is true - a good % of the "premium" label is on brand cache, some of it is attributed because of the excellent service and facilities they user offer too.

But OTOH, there's simply no question that Benz's, BMW's, Range Rovers, Porsche's etc use higher quality materials*, have better panel gaps, better paint, etc, etc than the mainstream Japanese cars we see here.

* Excludes MB-Tex tongue.png

I doubt many buyers pay the premium for MB / BM models for nicer paint and panel gaps. The interiors of the bottom end models like A class / X1 etc are OK but the quality and materials are not that far from a good Honda. However these cars feel nicer on the road than cheaper Japanese competitors courtesy of better balance, steering and firmer suspension tuning. They are also less common and have the cache of prestige etc. So buyers pay a lot and get a little, excellent marketing by the Germans.

X1 not far from what honda? Honda Legend? Yes!!

Becouse some Thai model even not same as from Japan Honda.

As example 7 gen accord Thailand compare with inspire;)

I understand all of your post. I just don't agree with the 20% estimate when talking about cheaper prestige models like the X1.

Yes, the last gen X1 has probably the worst residual of any car on the market. It loses close to 50% over two years.

My point was that if you choose a car with good residuals you won't lose more than 20% in 2 yrs. I can't make it clearer than that.

Edited by Cook my sock

Yikes 2.35M for 1.5L 136hp small FWD station wagon laugh.png

I priced up the model I've ordered on UK BMW site, exactly the same options and the price difference based on the current exchange rate is about 637k. Based on this the price is surprisingly competitive vs UK pricing since they still have to swallow the 80% tax to import parts.

Added to this is the fact that the residuals are much better here than I would get in the UK when reselling a BMW and I don't think I'll be getting screwed anymore than if I bought the x1 back home.

Of course, cheaper would be better but the car has all I need and I'm ok with stumping up the cash.

Apologies for going slightly off topic, but it seems people who have bought BMWs here have commented so maybe you guys can answer:

Is it possible to specify factory options with BMW Thailand?

Recently enquired at my local BMW dealer about a 3 series. When I inquired about upgrading the wheels the only option given was to receive the car with standard 18 inch and purchase the 19 inch wheels separately (for an extra 260k).

The sales girl was about 22 and seemed inexperienced, having very little knowledge about the car, so I was left unsure if this is the correct info

Cheers

Apologies for going slightly off topic, but it seems people who have bought BMWs here have commented so maybe you guys can answer:

Recently enquired at my local BMW dealer about a 3 series. When I inquired about upgrading the wheels the only option given was to receive the car with standard 18 inch and purchase the 19 inch wheels separately (for an extra 260k).

The sales girl was about 22 and seemed inexperienced, having very little knowledge about the car, so I was left unsure if this is the correct info

Cheers

I don't know of any mainstream car brands that allow customization in Thailand. They just churn them out with all options preselected for you. Only things like paint and interior colour may be selectable, and even then only specific trims with specific paint colors.

If you want to add things like reverse cameras, changing the wheel size etc you'll have to pay out separately. If it's anything like heated seats, sunroof, idrive, or ACC forget about it. For things like this you'll have to go down the grey import route. Doing this means they can spec what you want as they do in other BMW dealerships in EU/US etc. but you may have warranty issues. I have heard of some local dealers accepting the cars but requiring additional payment to warranty the car in Thailand, or just point blank refusing to have anything to do with your car for warranty work. Of course, the importer may offer a warranty and I've seen some of the bigger importers doing the same 5 year warranties as BMW.

Cheers

I don't know of any mainstream car brands that allow customization in Thailand. They just churn them out with all options preselected for you. Only things like paint and interior colour may be selectable, and even then only specific trims with specific paint colors.

If you want to add things like reverse cameras, changing the wheel size etc you'll have to pay out separately. If it's anything like heated seats, sunroof, idrive, or ACC forget about it. For things like this you'll have to go down the grey import route. Doing this means they can spec what you want as they do in other BMW dealerships in EU/US etc. but you may have warranty issues. I have heard of some local dealers accepting the cars but requiring additional payment to warranty the car in Thailand, or just point blank refusing to have anything to do with your car for warranty work. Of course, the importer may offer a warranty and I've seen some of the bigger importers doing the same 5 year warranties as BMW.

Ok, thanks for confirming.

For major changes during assembly I can kinda understand it, but for things like wheels, you'd imagine it would be easy enough to swap the 18s for 19s in the shipping container, and the customer pays the difference, but yeah, TiT rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Ok, thanks for confirming.

For major changes during assembly I can kinda understand it, but for things like wheels, you'd imagine it would be easy enough to swap the 18s for 19s in the shipping container, and the customer pays the difference, but yeah, TiT rolleyes.gif

No issue for some models like X1 which are assembled here. Not sure if it's laziness or profiteering by making you buy these extras......probably the latter.

Its indeed possible to order a specific car with certain options, but its gonna cost you. Thats exactly what my dealer told me anyway. I don't have anymore details about how much extra though..

Its indeed possible to order a specific car with certain options, but its gonna cost you. Thats exactly what my dealer told me anyway. I don't have anymore details about how much extra though..

Could you tell us which brands official dealers do this?