Debate brawl: Rubio and Cruz go hard after Trump

webfact

The debate audience included former President George H.W. Bush, 91, and his wife, Barbara — who missed out on the chance to see their son Jeb take part. He dropped out of the race after a poor showing in the first states to vote.

Uh-oh. Jeb didn't tell the parents he dropped out of the race and they sat there wondering "when's Jebbie coming out?" laugh.png

Knowing how they felt about the star of the show, I wondered if they were there to solve the GOP's Trump problem with a .45 caliber solution.

Give credit to Li'l Ricky for growing a pair.

Edited by bendejo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump is going to kick Hillary's butt right up between her shoulder blades. I see that there's going to be some wailing and gnashing of teeth among some members here.

Trump has tapped into some serious middle class and even upper class anger. It's real anger and it's not just among R's. Trump is drawing record crowds to debates and his speeches. Hillary can't draw shit. Trump will draw record numbers of voters in November while the Bale of HayTM will draw a trickle of unmotivated sad sacks.

Trump's victory in Nevada which saw him win big with women and minority groups, getting about 1/2 the votes of Hispanics is very telling.

For the first time in their lives, voters are going to get to vote for a president that will actually do something about illegal immigration. This is huge across R's AND D's.

For the first time in their lives voters are going to get to vote for someone who will make China stop ripping us off. That's a biggie.

For the first time in their lives voters are going to get to vote for someone who will deal with Mexico and its corrupt drug cartels.

For the first time in their lives voters are going to get to vote for someone who won't make lousy foreign policy deals such as happened blatantly with Iran.

For the first time in their lives voters are going to get to vote for someone who has the plight of the American worker front and center while up until now they've been sold out to China and others.

For the first time in their lives voters are going to get to vote for someone they believe is telling it like it is instead of being PC.

For the first time in their lives voters are going to get to vote for someone who they think has America First instead of Wall Street, as Hillary does.

I could go on. This is the year that the powerful Wall Street insider politicians get their butts kicked AND HILLARY IS THE QUEEN OF THE WALL STREET INSIDERS.

Those who don't see this tsunami breaking are just going to have to get used to it. The party is over. Record numbers of people are speaking with ballots.

Trump by a landslide.

Cheers.

PS On day one, Trump is going to reverse and nullify most of Obama's executive orders.

Edited by NeverSure

Trump is going to reverse and nullify most of Obama's executive orders.

I'm not a big Trump fan, but I support a number of his issues and this is a big one. Nullifying Obama's illegal executive orders is a big reason to vote for a Republican instead of a Democrat. Another reason is one candidate on the left is being investigated by the FBI. I would vote for Trump over Hillary, but with gritted teeth.

Edited by Ulysses G.

There must be a virus called "stupid Democrat". D's tell me they hate Wall Street, big pharma, big corporations, etc. etc. and then vote for people who are OWNED by them.

D's tell me that the middle class is slipping and then they vote for people who ship their good jobs to China and Mexico. That's because the people they vote for are owned by Wall Street which wants the cheap labor overseas.

D's tell me they want "income equality" and then vote for someone who would just keep shipping their opportunities overseas.

D's tell me they want "income equality" and then vote for someone who would keep letting millions of illegals come in and work and drive wages way down.

People graduating from college can't find good jobs but they'll vote for someone who sent their job to China or Mexico.

D's vote against their own interests because... ??

They must have some truly nasty virus.

Cheers.

I'm not a big Trump fan, but I support a number of his issues and this is a big one. Nullifying Obama's illegal executive orders is a big reason to vote for a Republican instead of a Democrat. Another reason is one candidate on the left is being investigated by the FBI. I would vote for Trump over Hillary, but with gritted teeth.

People who are outwardly pro-Israel will vote for a sleazy Obama type when Trump makes no bones about supporting Israel 100%, in his own words.

I'm not pointing this at you but at some others, and I just wonder what the hell they are thinking? They'll vote against the guy who would take their position and put some muscle behind it, all the while doing nothing to hurt them in any other area.

It's the D disease.

Cheers.

Yeah, it's called having the common sense to sniff out psychopathic demagogues.

It's hilarious that so many people actually believe his rhetoric.

Elect that nutjob and it will end in tears.

Edited by Jingthing

Cheers.

Elect that Hillary crook from Wall Street Central and it will end in tears.

America is already in danger of ending in tears as the middle class gets raped by Wall Street, Mexico and China. What's not to like about same ole same ole? Let's just keep having the same powerful people line their pockets by making themselves, China and Mexico rich.

Hillary has gotten filthy rich by giving 'speeches" to Wall Street and they own her. What's not to like, eh?

Cheers.

Cheers.

For you neoliberals it'll be floods of tears.

How i wish for someone like Trump as opposed to the traitorous nation seller that is David Cameron.

Cheers.

How i wish for someone like Trump as opposed to the traitorous nation seller that is David Cameron.

So you agree that Trump is running as a fascist? coffee1.gif

So you agree that Trump is running as a fascist? coffee1.gif

So, you believe that your next president who will support Israel but not China, Iran, or Mexico is a fascist.

Lemme tell you why some of the professional pundits have it all wrong. They try to do polls but they take a sample and do the math.

That math doesn't account for record turnout. Trump is going to continue getting record turnouts right through the general election and those numbers of voters will overwhelm any percentages the samplers come up with.

Trump is going to beat Hillary by a landslide - the people's landslide.

Cheers.

The best parts.

Very entertaining if you like fighting:

http://digg.com/2016/republican-debate-trump-highlights

Chris Christie endorses Trump.

Well, that seems like a play to be VP.

Normally that would be too geographically unbalanced but this isn't a normal election year.

Not VP.....Attorney General. First assignment likely to look at the results and conclusions reached by the FBI and see if the current administration obstructed justice

I think Trump is a total unknown quantity when it comes to political governance. I agree that an effective, successful global business leader will likely do the smart things and pick an excellent team to overcome his many shortcomings. And, given Trump's iconoclastic record of pronouncements, he might just do 360 turns and end up either being very conservative or very liberal. I don't think he has much regard for anything except winning. And, that is maybe not a bad thing if it extends to the USA becoming great again.

But, for sure, we will all have gritted teeth if he wins, and will all have a sense of dread of Clinton wins.

You understand that the "rise of Trump" is due to folks like you who back corrupt candidates so long as they are on "my team" don't you? I really don't get it frankly. I've read your posts for years now and I think I understand some of the things that are important to you. Healthcare, Gay Rights issues, Israeli issues, etc. On all those things the candidate you support has shown no support until the people moved and then she followed and says she's always been for those things. She's a carpetbagging obstructionist shill for corporate interests. Whatever's good for the people she delays, waters down , down manages expectations and outcomes in service to the people who made her rich. That should be patently obvious to you and I won't insult your intelligence to say it's not. So why not support someone better?

I can't relate to your post as it's about you but you pretend like it's about me. Don't presume to think you understand my personal politics. You do not. On that note, please desist from addressing me PERSONALLY in future posts. Deal with the topic, just the topic. I am not the topic. Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

Trump is going to kick Hillary's butt right up between her shoulder blades. I see that there's going to be some wailing and gnashing of teeth among some members here.

Trump has tapped into some serious middle class and even upper class anger. It's real anger and it's not just among R's. Trump is drawing record crowds to debates and his speeches. Hillary can't draw shit. Trump will draw record numbers of voters in November while the Bale of HayTM will draw a trickle of unmotivated sad sacks.

Trump's victory in Nevada which saw him win big with women and minority groups, getting about 1/2 the votes of Hispanics is very telling.

For the first time in their lives, voters are going to get to vote for a president that will actually do something about illegal immigration. This is huge across R's AND D's.

For the first time in their lives voters are going to get to vote for someone who will make China stop ripping us off. That's a biggie.

For the first time in their lives voters are going to get to vote for someone who will deal with Mexico and its corrupt drug cartels.

For the first time in their lives voters are going to get to vote for someone who won't make lousy foreign policy deals such as happened blatantly with Iran.

For the first time in their lives voters are going to get to vote for someone who has the plight of the American worker front and center while up until now they've been sold out to China and others.

For the first time in their lives voters are going to get to vote for someone they believe is telling it like it is instead of being PC.

For the first time in their lives voters are going to get to vote for someone who they think has America First instead of Wall Street, as Hillary does.

I could go on. This is the year that the powerful Wall Street insider politicians get their butts kicked AND HILLARY IS THE QUEEN OF THE WALL STREET INSIDERS.

Those who don't see this tsunami breaking are just going to have to get used to it. The party is over. Record numbers of people are speaking with ballots.

Trump by a landslide.

Cheers.

PS On day one, Trump is going to reverse and nullify most of Obama's executive orders.

Most of the time I let this minor harmless stuff go cause it's not crackpot stuff. Enough pixie dust in enough statements however need pointing out as such.

Republican party caucus in Nevada. For Republican party members only in Nevada. Nevada Republicans in the Nevada Republican cacuses. Got it?

In the USA there are more women Democrats than there are Republican women. The women you refer to are Republican women in Nevada, only and only.

Same for Hispanics. Republican Hispanics in Nevada (all 13 of 'em laugh.png ). Nationally, only 17% of all Hispanic voters in the USA are registered as Republicans. The vast majority of Hispanics voters in the USA are Democrats or Independents, not Republicans.

Romney needed 40 % of the Hispanic vote to be elected. He instead got 27% of 'em. Romney lost. This is despite getting a record 60% of the white vote of USA voters.

GW Bush, the last Republican to win the presidency (probably ever!) got 43% of the Hispanic vote (2004). The R this time in November might get 20% of the Hispanic vote. Maybe 20%.

Pixie dust post, the whole of it.

I think Trump is a total unknown quantity when it comes to political governance. I agree that an effective, successful global business leader will likely do the smart things and pick an excellent team to overcome his many shortcomings. And, given Trump's iconoclastic record of pronouncements, he might just do 360 turns and end up either being very conservative or very liberal. I don't think he has much regard for anything except winning. And, that is maybe not a bad thing if it extends to the USA becoming great again.

But, for sure, we will all have gritted teeth if he wins, and will all have a sense of dread of Clinton wins.

Sounds like Trump should have become a lawyer. wink.png

You understand that the "rise of Trump" is due to folks like you who back corrupt candidates so long as they are on "my team" don't you? I really don't get it frankly. I've read your posts for years now and I think I understand some of the things that are important to you. Healthcare, Gay Rights issues, Israeli issues, etc. On all those things the candidate you support has shown no support until the people moved and then she followed and says she's always been for those things. She's a carpetbagging obstructionist shill for corporate interests. Whatever's good for the people she delays, waters down , down manages expectations and outcomes in service to the people who made her rich. That should be patently obvious to you and I won't insult your intelligence to say it's not. So why not support someone better?

I can't relate to your post as it's about you but you pretend like it's about me. Don't presume to think you understand my personal politics. You do not. On that note, please desist from addressing me PERSONALLY in future posts. Deal with the topic, just the topic. I am not the topic. Cheers.

It's hardly about me but we can do that if you want. I don't support or associate with anyone I feel is dishonest or corrupt. Even if I think they would act in my behalf. But that's just me...apparently.

It's called momentum…and Mr Trump has got it now. This train is going straight to the white house….get off the tracks hillary.

Some say Mr Trump won't talk policy…..well he spoke about documenting muzzlims…the leftwingnut media jumped on him….bad bad bad….later Obama's admin releases a policy of asking for biometric data to be collected from muzzlim travellers to the US.

So his policies are already being implemented…but as their idea. So, no more talking in-depth policy details, save that for later.

To all those apoplectic frothers who can't abide Trump I put it to you that Trump is merely a reaction to the lies and inaction of the Obama administration. People are sick of lies from politicians, they will therefore take the truth where they can find it. Trump has made the number one issue for the election the Truth, hence the rest are lost. Against HRC the contrast would be like day against night.

To all those apoplectic frothers who can't abide Trump I put it to you that Trump is merely a reaction to the lies and inaction of the Obama administration. People are sick of lies from politicians, they will therefore take the truth where they can find it. Trump has made the number one issue for the election the Truth, hence the rest are lost. Against HRC the contrast would be like day against night.

Trump and the truth? He does not care about it, time and time again he has been found out lying. He is all just empty rhetoric.

Trump by a landslide.

Cheers.

Most of the time I let this minor harmless stuff go cause it's not crackpot stuff. Enough pixie dust in enough statements however need pointing out as such.

Republican party caucus in Nevada. For Republican party members only in Nevada. Nevada Republicans in the Nevada Republican cacuses. Got it?

In the USA there are more women Democrats than there are Republican women. The women you refer to are Republican women in Nevada, only and only.

Same for Hispanics. Republican Hispanics in Nevada (all 13 of 'em laugh.png ). Nationally, only 17% of all Hispanic voters in the USA are registered as Republicans. The vast majority of Hispanics voters in the USA are Democrats or Independents, not Republicans.

Romney needed 40 % of the Hispanic vote to be elected. He instead got 27% of 'em. Romney lost. This is despite getting a record 60% of the white vote of USA voters.

GW Bush, the last Republican to win the presidency (probably ever!) got 43% of the Hispanic vote (2004). The R this time in November might get 20% of the Hispanic vote. Maybe 20%.

Pixie dust post, the whole of it.

You're missing the prime ingredient. Trump is pulling record numbers of voters (and debate watchers and speech gatherers) and Hillary will have only her regular folks. Hillary couldn't motivate a hungry person to eat a good steak. Trump is pulling a lot of people who've never voted before and he's also going to pull a lot of Democrats who care about immigration, jobs, China and so much more.

You seem to think this is just another election. It's not. It's a tidal wave of historic proportions. People of all stripes are tired of losing - losing the border, losing to China, losing to Mexico, losing jobs, losing much of the middle class and so much more -

and Trump will win by a landslide.

Cheers.

Since he's running on the Republican side, I'd say it's a reaction to the Republican Congress that has sat refusing to do any work for most of its time.

Now if you'd argued that Bernie is a reaction to Clinton, I'd be tempted to agree with you.

Amusing watching Rubio this morning.

"Donald Trump never punched anyone, he was the first one to ask for Secret Service protection".

After his "Trump would be in Manhattan selling watches" remark, it seems his campaign has now turned into Trump-like taunting.

It's David vs Goliath!

And now Cruz is bound to respond.

Looks like the Republican campaign has descended into an outright slanging match, with Kasich and Carson on the sidelines going "But... But....".

Since he's running on the Republican side, I'd say it's a reaction to the Republican Congress that has sat refusing to do any work for most of its time.

Now if you'd argued that Bernie is a reaction to Clinton, I'd be tempted to agree with you.

There is no left side or right side. There is only inside and outside.

All the points raised on lack of sustance are correct ... there is no substance in anything they say. Part of this is that once you expose any substance it will be attacked as impractical/delusional by competitors and come back to bite in the Predsidentisl campaign. The other reason to avoid substance is the realization that most voters would have no clue what the candidate is talking about leading to confusion and uncertainty. Trump was first to realize it but the US election has become an entertainment event. People see government as big and complicated. These three jokers have made it easy to understand (simplistic rhetoric) and entertaining (vulgar, abrasive, outrageous) all tuned to the stock standard fears and angers of their party faithful. The Republican party candidate elected will be the one that provides the greatest entertainment value - so Trump as he has the most experience in this area.

Who do you blame for this sad state of affairs? It's the US media who have made this an event and elevated Trump to a level that should never have happened. If they were half as worried about journalism and editorial content as they are about the relentless race for ratings we souls not even be discussing these clowns.

Pity about Kasich, he has substance but zero entertainment value.