Price of Diesel

pieeyed

Gov't made a promise sometime back (which they couldn't keep btw) to keep it at no more than 30baht/litre. It's a very important commodity here for the trucks and busses, so what I think they're doing is taxing it when the price is low, so that they can subsidise it when prices are higher.

I filled my car up in the UK last week.

Be thankful your in Thailand,before I left I filled mine up at PTT it was 1600 baht or £32.

As I said last week I filled up my hire car in the UK it was £66 or 3300 baht.

That's expensive.

They don't know they're born do they?

According to a family member who is quite senior with PT (downstream), there is a fund that subsidises when the price is high and does not subsidise when the price is low. This way the price is kept stable.

Prices seem quite acceptable here IMHO.

OMG.... This is as bad as the drinkers complaining about

The price of can of beer. Just fill up the car, drink the beer

And stop complaining. This must be the cheapest place

In the world to live, and live well!!

1. Its not cheapest place.(important HOW you live. If like use german power car, power bike. Like western food and meat.

Like beer(not alcogol drink in Thailand call "beer")its cany be cheapest place.

2. Live well if not big needs(not beed well quality and chep needs.

3. In Thailand its be good balance with VERY simple life in developed infrastructure and easy immigration admission.

I have my imported cheese, good scotch, great pizza, love Thai

Food, BKK for concerts, and theatre, beautiful rented condo in

A gated community,,pool and tennis, golf once a week. Great,

Dirt cheap,place to retire. All at 70% cheaper than anywhere I have

Lived.....10 years in Tokyo, 12 years in Hawaii, 8 years in Sydney .

70%. Ha ha.

Do not know about Sydney .

And your needs. May be for you simple needs its fine.

But:

Chees its very poor choice. And some even triple price compare with Europe.equipment for golf its near double price.

Please Sydney, Tokyo and Hawaii its not "all world".

If you say as: " For my needs its cheapest place if compare with Sydney,Tokyo and Hawai" I cantI not argue with you.

;)

But you say about all world ;)

Againe.

If need good ppwer car, good power bike, if need as tunning car o moto.

If like meat and western food etc.

Its not be cheap.;)

PS

I can injoy life even in hell and find some good. And yes, I like Thailand , for me its easy find so many good thinks in Thailand. But i am honestly and stay more than 10 country in my life, so cant say its be cheapest place.

70%. Ha ha.

Do not know about Sydney .

And your needs. May be for you simple needs its fine.

But:

Chees its very poor choice. And some even triple price compare with Europe.equipment for golf its near double price.

Please Sydney, Tokyo and Hawaii its not "all world".

If you say as: " For my needs its cheapest place if compare with Sydney,Tokyo and Hawai" I cantI not argue with you.

wink.png

But you say about all world wink.png

Againe.

If need good ppwer car, good power bike, if need as tunning car o moto.

If like meat and western food etc.

Its not be cheap.wink.png

PS

I can injoy life even in hell and find some good. And yes, I like Thailand , for me its easy find so many good thinks in Thailand. But i am honestly and stay more than 10 country in my life, so cant say its be cheapest place.

Big difference between 'about all world' and 'anywhere I have lived'.

About n30 Bht per L in Perth Aust. right now. But I am doing a 1000k a week to get to work and back.So Thai prices not too bad and I suspect most people don't drive the sort of diststances we do in this part of the world. On the other hand cars are a lot cheaper - but servicing is way more expensive. Fuel prices we are told, are going to rise over the year.

Yeah mate,but your paying with $A.Let's compare what your wage will buy.The minimum wage here is 300baht/day compared to 3600baht/day in Oz.So minimum pay people in Australia can buy 120 litres,where a Thai can only buy 14 litres.Let's try with beer,an Australian can buy 3.2 slabs with one days work,where as a Thai can only buy 6 bottles.Big difference hey.No wonder Thai's drink lao khao.A Thai mate brings around 3 bottles sometimes for a quiet drink,he is a tradesman,so am I.He earns more than the minimum,but let's say he earns 9 bottles of beer/day,where in Oz i can get 106 bottles/day.He brings a third of his wage in beer to share with me,good bloke.The equivalent would me bring 35 bottles home and share,i may do it,but i don't think so.

Thai's living on Thai wages is hard graft,i don't know how they do it,similiarly Ozzys living on Aust.wages is hard work.An Australian with $A living in Thailand is doing it easy,unless he has foreign tastes.$A40 for a cask of wine compared to $A10 in Aust.

Before diesel was subsidized to keep it cheap.. now the fund needs to be replenished so you are paying more again. Seems fair to me first you got a discount now your paying extra for tough times.

I thought I read in the BK post a few days ago of a price minimum on Diesel, so it seems it has reached this.

I buy the cheaper Deisel which was selling a few weeks ago for 18bht ,then the other stuff was around 22 bht.

I find nothing wrong with the cheaper diesel.

The expensive Diesel just has a few colors added into it, my friend worked at an oil refinery in NZ I also worked on oil tankers, the cargo we delivered comes from the same tanks on the ship, the difference being that when pumped ashore it goes into each companies holding tanks, then my friend said they just stick some additives in which he says is generally coloring.

Run on the cheaper stuff and put some of the so called expensive stuff in every second or third fill.

I also find some areas sell fuel cheaper than others as well.

My scooter runs on zero diesel! But seriously, a full tank of juice is about 80-100 baht for about 200Kms without being frugal with the throttle. I sold the Fortuner when I realised what a worthless asset it was in my scenario.

Big difference between 'about all world' and 'anywhere I have lived'.

Yes.

About this is i am talking.

OMG.... This is as bad as the drinkers complaining about

The price of can of beer. Just fill up the car, drink the beer

And stop complaining. This must be the cheapest place

In the world to live, and live well!!