THE England thread

rijit

20 minutes ago, rott said:

Looking a bit brighter now.

What is the feeling on the penalty?

England should have had one too, when Kane was wrestled to the floor.

Just glad we won. It was close; too close.

It was a penalty, but England should have had a couple. Kane was wrestled to the ground on one occasion- so much for VAR.

Rashford and Loftus Cheek helped turn the game for me.  I can't see the logic in having 2 proven goalscorers so low down in the pecking order: Welbeck and Vardy.

England can be a force if they can find a way of not squandering a hatful of chances.  Excellent in many respects.

Maybe it was the best way to win, because failings have been revealed early on.

England clearly struggled to penetrate when Tunisia adopted a much deeper defensive line.

Sterling is poor....no question about that and Loftus Cheek looked much sharper and able to reach the byline and cause problems.

Food for thought for Southgate.

Oh yeah....Harry Kane...HE'S ONE OF OUR OWN. :clap2:

4 hours ago, rott said:

Looking a bit brighter now.

What is the feeling on the penalty?

Soft but if it was the other way round you would be screaming for it. 

Sterling is so low in confidence he should of been off at half time. He was woeful. 

Loftus-Cheek and Rashford gave us the spark we needed so well done to Southgate, just now needs to drop his teachers pet for the next game. 

Best game I’ve seen Henderson have in an england shirt, granted the opposition were weak and he had lots of room to work. 

Stones and Mr Magoo were big threats at set pieces, but there is always a goal waiting at the other end the way they try and play out. 

Trippier looked solid, never rated him that much before but hats off he looks the part. 

Kane stuck to his task after being constantly wrestled to the ground, that’s what quality strikers and match winners do. 

Tunisia were the worst side I’ve seen this tournament but you can only beat what’s in front of you and 2-1 didn’t do it justice. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

England clearly struggled to penetrate when Tunisia adopted a much deeper defensive line.

Sterling is poor....no question about that and Loftus Cheek looked much sharper and able to reach the byline and cause problems.

Food for thought for Southgate.

Oh yeah....Harry Kane...HE'S ONE OF OUR OWN. :clap2:

Sterling is either excellent or rubbish; nothing  in between.

Heard Trippier had a decent game Ronnie; wonder where he learnt his trade from age 9 to 22 :clap2:

38 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Heard Trippier had a decent game Ronnie; wonder where he learnt his trade from age 9 to 22 :clap2:

Better than Walker eh?

Nice bit of business as usual from Danny boy.

Kane's star continues to shine as well....Sterling will be broken by the time he returns to Manchester hopefully. ....perhaps Walker too....who knows? ?

I thought England should have killed that game within the first half an hour, apart from Kane they lacked the necessary killer instinct, despite being a talented group of individuals. They deserved their win but need to work on that going forward.

24 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I thought England should have killed that game within the first half an hour, apart from Kane they lacked the necessary killer instinct, despite being a talented group of individuals. They deserved their win but need to work on that going forward.

I don’t think scoring goals going forward will be a problem in as much as leaking them the other end.

I can see Cahill coming back in for either Stones or Maguire to sure things up a bit. 

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You didn't watch the game??

You'll need to stock up on your amphetamines and coffee before the CL starts!!

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I don’t think scoring goals going forward will be a problem in as much as leaking them the other end.

I can see Cahill coming back in for either Stones or Maguire to sure things up a bit. 

Not much evidence given Tunisia were so poor.

I do agree a knife through butter will be used to describe them at some point.

52 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Not much evidence given Tunisia were so poor.

I do agree a knife through butter will be used to describe them at some point.

Did England make them look poor?

They are the best in Africa.

Just mentioning because I hear this almost every time we win.

30 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Did England make them look poor?

They are the best in Africa.

Just mentioning because I hear this almost every time we win.

Fair point although their deep defensive line caused England's attack to falter before Loftus Cheek's arrival.

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Fair point although their deep defensive line caused England's attack to falter before Loftus Cheek's arrival.

he looks a very handy player that loftus cheek lad. impressed with him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

he looks a very handy player that loftus cheek lad. impressed with him.

I think Southgate is edging him in the side slowly. 

He appears to be someone without nerves who just goes out and plays his game. Pretty much the opposite of Sterling at the moment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, balo said:

I had €100 bet on England , Kane saved the day in the end, but I was sure it was money lost , never again lol.

You obviously had more faith than most of our nation. Well done anyhows. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I think Southgate is edging him in the side slowly. 

He appears to be someone without nerves who just goes out and plays his game. Pretty much the opposite of Sterling at the moment. 

Sterling needs to be reclassified as a midfielder.  He's got talent, but he's no striker.

3 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Sterling needs to be reclassified as a midfielder.  He's got talent, but he's no striker.

On his current form there is t a place for him anywhere. His goal to game ratio says he’s never an international striker. 

7 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Stick your new found wealth on Panama next game

No I'm always careful with my bets .   

Panama will be a tough team to break down for sure.  Good luck with that ,

16 hours ago, balo said:

No I'm always careful with my bets .   

Panama will be a tough team to break down for sure.  Good luck with that ,

No. I meant stick your wad on Panama.  Never mind....not much of a joke?

Provided they can actually aim the ball between the goal posts, England should breeze the win.

• Like 1

it's the daily hatemail. gives the s*n a run for its money in the vile, vomit-inducing and hatespeech stakes. wish they'd just say what they mean sometimes and tag "AND HE'S WHITE, BY GOD" on the end of the headline.

nicely taken apart by football365 as it goes: https://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-special-the-daily-mail-adopts-tattoo-less-harry-kane

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StevieH said:

it's the daily hatemail. gives the s*n a run for its money in the vile, vomit-inducing and hatespeech stakes. wish they'd just say what they mean sometimes and tag "AND HE'S WHITE, BY GOD" on the end of the headline.

nicely taken apart by football365 as it goes: https://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-special-the-daily-mail-adopts-tattoo-less-harry-kane

WOw that was well done, I can’t believe most of what I just read though. Saddening really. 

Just now, BangrakBob said:

WOw that was well done, I can’t believe most of what I just read though. Saddening really. 

i absolutely despise the mail. it's responsible for so much hatred and division in the UK. and like all right wing scum does it under a flag of patriotism and "british" values.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Trump’s England?  What the <deleted> is going on over there, the  blatancy of this statement is nauseous. 

5346868E-FABA-4E65-BDAC-29949A002AF4.jpeg

People want to be proud of there country again, that's whats going on !

Edited by alfieconn