Man, I'm so glad I live here

OP was probably at the Hilton because he picked up a hooker. He was feeling like Brad Pitt cause he got laid. He saw a hot Asian-American girl with a boyfriend in a real relationship. That made him feel some type of way. He starts creating a narrative in his head. He comes on Thai Visa and tries to convince us himself of his narrative.

I was in a hotel with my wife.

More "assumptions"?

i thought she was your Girlfriend. That is what you stated earlier...forgot what you made up?

Did I say gf? We got married in February, so sometimes I still use this term out of habit. Anyway, you are welcome to stalk me on another forum where I'm posting reviews of the hotels I'm staying.

And yes I agree. Hilton is nothing special. It's just a hotel phase I'm going through a moment.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you've no idea about the context of the situation, but you're assuming she's the one at fault?

Says more about you than them, really.

Well, bitching at your man in public is faulty, especially when he is not acting an idiot too. And, it would be equally faulty if the man were bitching at the woman and she was not bitching back.

If both are bitching at each other in public; well, the low-lifes need to take their argument back to their shack in the ghetto.

Women......find the right one and you are made

Find the wrong one and you are <deleted> !

I think some people like them to wear the trousers !

It's not so much wearing the trousers as it is lack of respect for your man.

Maybe she had an exceptionally bad day and this was a one off? What I find funny is the Thailand crowd viewing a female partner as some sort of accessory that should know its place and not make any problems and fit some sort of mold, because you take care of her, god forbid she has independence and integrity.

I don't see it as some sort of an accessory or being subservient. A woman who loves her man does not embarrass him in public--likewise, a man who loves his woman does not embarrass her in public. It's more of a face issue, at least here in Asia. In the West, it is fairly common to regularly embarrass your mate in public--perhaps the irony of this Asian woman raised in the States. Of course, in Asia or the West, the more trailer-park oriented you are, the more likely to embarrass yourself and your mate in public.

Yes you are right

I had a girlfriend like that

Fortunately i ditched her and married my soul mate

'MATE'.......................... We've all had a girlfriend like that, ha ha ha...... Some of us had more than one. Yes I too am glad I moved to Thailand, now married to a fantastic woman with a big calm heart.........

Lucky guys you are, with better judgement.

Seems to me more and more my GF is completely -unreasonable- and has NO heart at all! blink.png

Many other chances I had, I let go without a right decision in time. whistling.gif

judgemental post. why assume the female is in the wrong?

have you never seen western couples having disagreements?

i have thai female friends; educated, professional, hard working, who are treated shabbily by foreign guys.

Did we read the same post? This was a Western couple--she was Asian, but from the States. And, the guy wasn't treating her shabbily.

So you've no idea about the context of the situation, but you're assuming she's the one at fault?

Says more about you than them, really.

Just wondering what a statistical analysis of your posts would show in terms of % judgmental.

I wonder what percent of your recent posts are off-topic, stalkerish replies to mine.

Don't like my posts? Use the ignore function.

Maybe he just likes making fun of your posts.

Whenever I see some gorgeous woman, I console myself with thinking that there is some poor, shmuck of a man that has to put up with her sh1t.

So, all gorgeous women are bitches? Some women can handle being gorgeous and nice.

Whenever I see some gorgeous woman, I console myself with thinking that there is some poor, shmuck of a man that has to put up with her sh1t.

So, all gorgeous women are bitches? Some women can handle being gorgeous and nice.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Notice I said "see" not meet.

Besides, it makes me feel better.

Why do you feel bad when you see a gorgeous woman?

Because I want them......I want them all.

But, I can't.

I used to want them but now I just think, too expensive, and too much trouble.

Now I hunt for the discounted ones approaching their 'sell by' date.

If you live here, why are you staying in a hotel?

Yeah.... I had to "explain myself" on another forum also.

It's simple. I live in my GF house. It is a bit uncomfortable, so on weekends I will book a hotel.

I get a lot of points through my business, so those hotel stays amount to very little actual money spent.

Is your wife, to whom you said (on the 24th March) you were happily married, OK with you living in your girlfriends house?

As Damon Runyon might phrase it "So now I am thinking that from what he is saying he is no little, and quite some, a guyfromanotherplanet".

Edited by Enoon

It's simple. I live in my GF house. It is a bit uncomfortable, so on weekends I will book a hotel.

I get a lot of points through my business, so those hotel stays amount to very little actual money spent.

Is your wife, to whom you said (on the 24th March) you were happily married, OK with you living in your girlfriends house?

As Damon Runyon might phrase it "So now I am thinking that from what he is saying he is no little, and quite some, a guyfromanotherplanet".

I live in my wife's house. I still prefer to call her gf. Who cares.

Yes you are right

I had a girlfriend like that

Fortunately i ditched her and married my soul mate

'MATE'.......................... We've all had a girlfriend like that, ha ha ha...... Some of us had more than one. Yes I too am glad I moved to Thailand, now married to a fantastic woman with a big calm heart.........

Lucky guys you are, with better judgement.

Seems to me more and more my GF is completely -unreasonable- and has NO heart at all! blink.png

Many other chances I had, I let go without a right decision in time. whistling.gif

"better judgement" you say....... Maybe that's in there somewhere...... But like most things in this life a fair amount is down to luck........ If I had the wisdom to understand woman...... I would bottle it and sell for a sky high price!

Edited by Tonto21

Hmmmmm, it was reported somewhere recently that there are quite a few fakes on thaivisa. People using several names, completely making situations up and even talking to themselves using different names. Well spotted! The posters who were named stopped posting.

Looks like we have another one!

Are you married happily or not? Do you also have a girlfriend? Wanna come clean?

The Hilton just rather bland, but then so are the Novotels. What was the cost of breakfast and how was the buffet?

So, so.

Last time I had a room with Japanese toilet, not this time. I am a diamond, so get a lounge and buffet which are both so-so.

I really prefer Millenuim Hilton. Even though it is an older hotel breakfast buffet near the river is quite nice and lounge is on a high floor beats this suk hotel by a mile.

There are 4 Hilton properties in BKK. I would rate them

1 Millenium Hilton

2 Conrad

3 Double Tree

4 Hilton Suk

The cost can vary a lot. I usually only book when rates are good.... under 100 US

Many thanks for taking the time to respond. When I am transiting to Hua Hin, my flights either arrive or depart BKK at a time when I just don't want to spend another 3-4 hours getting to Hua Hin, so I end up at the BKK Novotel. Expensive now and for a property that's getting tired. I was in and out of Bangkok a couple weeks ago and was trying out some of the Accor properties. One was more disappointing than the other. It seems that aside from Hiltons and Mariotts, there just isn't anything of affordable decent quality in Bangkok anymore. I remember when quality was the cornerstone. Anyway thanks for sharing your experience.