Farangs touching bread in the supermarket

bubba1

I was on a stakeout this morning in the bakery section of a major supermarket. In 10 minutes I saw three farangs touch bread and not buy it.

Maybe time to go back to only eating rice.

Somebody probably touched the rice at some point, too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with squeezing wrapped bread. If you squeeze fresh unwrapped bread with your hands, you're a <deleted>.

I never buy unwrapped bread, donuts, cakes or any food for that matter. Mainly because of the flies.

• 4 weeks later...

Well you can't just buy a bread without touching it somehow to know if it is fresh or not. May be the store should keep the bread in transparent paper so people can touch without putting hand on the bread itself.

Anybody who touches unwrapped bread on display with their bare hands is uncouth, unhygienic, uneducated, and inconsiderate. Half of them seem to be loitering on this thread justifying their disgusting behaviour!

Edited by SheungWan

While handling bread with bare hands is not hygienic practice the fact that those who complain about it choose to live in a country with rather poor hygiene standards and laws is more entertaining than the actual issue here.

How do these people get on when eating out in public places in the Kingdom.

Some of the tastiest food I've eaten was prepared next to open drains on the side of the road.

I'm afraid if your hygiene conscious than Thailand isn't really the best place to live in my opinion and singling out expats handling bread in places like Tops is rather petty.

It's the locals and their handling and preparation of food that should be a concern rather than a loaf of bread,either that or buy the stuff in a bag,although God forbid someone probably touched that to get it in the bag.

Edited by NongMalee

The bread I buy (Bei Otto ) is already wrapped in plastic fresh from the bakery, so I can touch it as much as I like. I would never buy an open bread from Big C , too many farangs like to spread their germs.

I was on a stakeout this morning in the bakery section of a major supermarket. In 10 minutes I saw three farangs touch bread and not buy it.

Maybe time to go back to only eating rice.

Somebody probably touched the rice at some point, too.

Yes, they probably did but I have yet to meet anybody who simmers bread in hot water for 15 minutes before they eat it so it's hardly the same thing.

While handling bread with bare hands is not hygienic practice the fact that those who complain about it choose to live in a country with rather poor hygiene standards and laws is more entertaining than the actual issue here.

How do these people get on when eating out in public places in the Kingdom.

Some of the tastiest food I've eaten was prepared next to open drains on the side of the road.

I'm afraid if your hygiene conscious than Thailand isn't really the best place to live in my opinion and singling out expats handling bread in places like Tops is rather petty.

It's the locals and their handling and preparation of food that should be a concern rather than a loaf of bread,either that or buy the stuff in a bag,although God forbid someone probably touched that to get it in the bag.

Both are valid concerns... get over yourself, krap.