Captors kill Canadian hostage in the Philippines

webfact

Captors kill Canadian hostage in the Philippines

Canada confirms head dumped in a street in Jolo was that of John Ridsdel, who was seized by Abu Sayyaf last September.

SAMAI ISLAND: -- The severed head of a Canadian hostage has been found on the streets of Samal Island in the Philippines.

Justin Trudeau, Canada's prime minister, has confirmed the news that a plastic bag containing a decapitated head and dumped in a street on Monday night by two men on a motorcycle in Jolo, a town in Sulu province of the Philippines, was that of John Ridsdel of Calgary.

Ridsdel, 68, was abducted along with three other tourists - fellow Canadian Robert Hall, a Norwegian man and a Filipino woman - last September by the Abu Sayyaf armed group from a marina on Samal Island, also known as Islam Garden.

Full story: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/04/captors-kill-canadian-hostage-philippines-160425212732763.html

-- AL JAZEERA 2016-04-26

Hypocrite !

Trudeau spent three days in the Philippines after he was elected, to attend the ASEAN conference (which Canada isn't even a member of) and during those three days apparently NEVER once inquired into the status of the two Canadians being held hostage in that same country. Too busy pretending to be a rock star and taking selfies apparently.

In fact, today's press release marks the FIRST time he's ever even acknowledged those men !

What makes him a hypocrite (which is about the most polite term I can use here) is the difference between how loudly he crowed last year when the Egyptian/Canadian journalist (Fahmy) was being held in an Egyptian jail, facing a prison sentence. (Fahmy was allegedly supporting the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist group, while he was working for Al Jazeera, which is the state media outlet of Qatar, who are open supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood, even when they were machine-gunning busloads of tourists in Egypt). Fahmy himself thanked the government for all that they were doing on his behalf but that wasn't enough for Trudeau and the Liberals when they were in the opposition.

Meanwhile, the entire time Trudeau has been Prime Minister (6 months now) he hasn't ONCE mentioned these 2 men. EVER. Until one of them was executed and suddenly he's "outraged". Pathetic.

(He has however managed to take 3 vacations and 7 "official" trips in those same 6 months. I guess we know what his priorities are.)

Edited by Kerryd

Hypocrite !

Trudeau spent three days in the Philippines after he was elected, to attend the ASEAN conference (which Canada isn't even a member of) and during those three days apparently NEVER once inquired into the status of the two Canadians being held hostage in that same country. Too busy pretending to be a rock star and taking selfies apparently.

In fact, today's press release marks the FIRST time he's ever even acknowledged those men !

What makes him a hypocrite (which is about the most polite term I can use here) is the difference between how loudly he crowed last year when the Egyptian/Canadian journalist (Fahmy) was being held in an Egyptian jail, facing a prison sentence. (Fahmy was allegedly supporting the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist group, while he was working for Al Jazeera, which is the state media outlet of Qatar, who are open supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood, even when they were machine-gunning busloads of tourists in Egypt). Fahmy himself thanked the government for all that they were doing on his behalf but that wasn't enough for Trudeau and the Liberals when they were in the opposition.

Meanwhile, the entire time Trudeau has been in office he hasn't ONCE mentioned these 2 men. EVER.

He has however managed to take 3 vacations and 7 "official" trips in those same 6 months. I guess we know what his priorities are.

would you mind pointing out when he attended an ASEAN conference?

Absolutely disgusting. Condolences to the family.

But I have to say, why would anyone go there. Or anywhere nearby? These abductions have been going on for years and years. I'm an avid traveler and would NEVER go to that area. I know he was working there. But still.

Horrible.

Right on, Craigt, why would anyone even go there to work ?

I had a friend who worked on some island near Palawan. They had to turn their lights off at night or risk being attacked. They were all armed and had escape routes setup into the jungles. He was young and unafraid, but says he'd never do something like that again! This was some 20 years ago.

This was only 16 years ago. No one is allowed to stay on this island now. Off limits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Sipadan_kidnappings

Hypocrite !

Meanwhile, the entire time Trudeau has been in office he hasn't ONCE mentioned these 2 men. EVER.

He has however managed to take 3 vacations and 7 "official" trips in those same 6 months. I guess we know what his priorities are.

would you mind pointing out when he attended an ASEAN conference?

Last APEC conference ended Nov. 19th 2015 in Manilla

Edited by Scott

Hypocrite !

Meanwhile, the entire time Trudeau has been Prime Minister (6 months now) he hasn't ONCE mentioned these 2 men. EVER. Until one of them was executed and suddenly he's "outraged". Pathetic.

(He has however managed to take 3 vacations and 7 "official" trips in those same 6 months. I guess we know what his priorities are.)

The left don't like showing Islamists in a bad light, it compromises their policy of virtue signaling by housing loads of Muslim third world migrant children, who proceed to assault Canadian children.

Trudeau's honeymoon period is over. Time to do your job.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Not sure it is so easy to deal with something like this. Paying money to Terrorists for hostages only increases the likelihood of more hostage taking and putting more money into the hands of people you don't want to as then they can buy more people and guns.

Perhaps the best way is to have a Highly Trained Elite Force to go into these Jungle Camps and wipe the Terrorist right off the map. That is if the local authorities fail to do so in a reasonable amount of time. Then hang the Heads of these Terrorist Leaders on a pole for everyone to see that hostage taking and crime like this doesn't pay as well as they thought.

If I was captive I would rather go out with someone trying to rescue me than being beaten into begging for my life and then have my head shown on TV for my family to see. Better to leave this world knowing a few of these Bastards are coming with you.

Not sure it is so easy to deal with something like this. Paying money to Terrorists for hostages only increases the likelihood of more hostage taking and putting more money into the hands of people you don't want to as then they can buy more people and guns.

Perhaps the best way is to have a Highly Trained Elite Force to go into these Jungle Camps and wipe the Terrorist right off the map. That is if the local authorities fail to do so in a reasonable amount of time. Then hang the Heads of these Terrorist Leaders on a pole for everyone to see that hostage taking and crime like this doesn't pay as well as they thought.

If I was captive I would rather go out with someone trying to rescue me than being beaten into begging for my life and then have my head shown on TV for my family to see. Better to leave this world knowing a few of these Bastards are coming with you.

the americans already have elite forces in phil and it aint doin much

the americans already have elite forces in phil and it aint doin much

That group was phased out some time ago. A few left, but just advisors. As was the group that left a few years ago. Just advisors and doing training.