Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Come on Seapok....let's have a hairdressing c an p with pics please! biggrin.gif

Jesus mate I just noticed all the posts you have made, over 7,000.....you really need to get out more! haha

Haha indeed. I'll be checking the Surrey newspapers for a fewpics of your new hairdo in the social pages. A tidy perk that one me old mate. biggrin.gif

Over at the Lane we have great kebab shops.....and the local barber is cheap as chips an all....not your cup of tea I'm sure!

Come on Seapok....let's have a hairdressing c an p with pics please! biggrin.gif

Jesus mate I just noticed all the posts you have made, over 7,000.....you really need to get out more! haha

Haha indeed. I'll be checking the Surrey newspapers for a fewpics of your new hairdo in the social pages. A tidy perk that one me old mate. biggrin.gif

Over at the Lane we have great kebab shops.....and the local barber is cheap as chips an all....not your cup of tea I'm sure!

I don't know where the hairdresser comments are coming from mate, with the colour of your barnet you can't really say much to anyone!........carrot juice anyone? :whistling:

Looks like we will be needing a replacement, I'm Modric will do for 6 months!

Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien out for six months

Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien has been ruled out for six months after a knee operation.

The Ghana international, 28, ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus during pre-season training, and underwent "successful" surgery.

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas told the club website: "Everyone wishes Michael well for his recovery.

"His team-mates and all the staff and I look forward to helping him return to playing as soon as possible."

He also missed the 2010 World Cup because of a knee problem.

The midfielder's latest setback is a blow to Villas-Boas, who is preparing his squad for their trip to the Far East, where they will compete in the Asia Cup.

Essien joined the Blues from French club Lyon in 2005 in a £24.4m deal and has gone on to establish himself as a key player at Stamford Bridge.

He has helped Chelsea to two Premier League titles and three FA Cups, as well as the Carling Cup in 2007.

Despite being ruled out for the majority of the 2008/09 campaign, Essien has amassed 229 appearances, scoring 26 goals.

I don't know where the hairdresser comments are coming from mate, with the colour of your barnet you can't really say much to anyone!........carrot juice anyone? :whistling:

Glad you enjoyed the pic of me at Cobham..........before the ban that is! biggrin.gif

Nothing wrong with my barnet mate...all natural that is I'll have you know.....laugh.gif

• 3 weeks later...

There's been a long summer vacation on here, so I'll ask a couple of inconsequential questions to get you kick-started!

How did Chelski get on in Bangkok?

Saw a pub billboard advertising TV coverage of Chelski v Kitchee (up on Ilkley Moor of all places); was with several football lovers but none of us had ever heard of such a team; sounds like an Indian or Malaysian hill station. Enlightenment please?

Chelsea have done well in the pre-season stakes mate, 4 wins on the trot albeit not against very competitive opposition, saying that the Thai XI gave us a good 1st half.

The game well played today was against a local team from Hong Kong, we won 4-0 that puts us into final against the Villa for the Barclays Asian Cup!

Chelsea have done well in the pre-season stakes mate, 4 wins on the trot albeit not against very competitive opposition, saying that the Thai XI gave us a good 1st half.

The game well played today was against a local team from Hong Kong, we won 4-0 that puts us into final against the Villa for the Barclays Asian Cup!

Any goals from your star striker yet? huh.gif

Any goals from your star striker yet? huh.gif

What is incredible about Chelsea is how well they have performed without Torres turning up.

Torres was there-sitting on the bench-did I notice bleached hair again? Lol

It would be stupid to write Torres off. He was pure class. As a Liverpool supporter you cannot but see that. But these things come and go - if Torres comes back better than ever I will be the first to appreciate it. I think it is 50:50 - he has already been written off by many but we shall see.

To be honest I am happy he fuc_ked up at the end of last season but I would like to see him come good this season even though it might be at the expense of my club. In some ways I still support Torres even though he doesnt support my club.

I would like to see him come good this season even though it might be at the expense of my club. In some ways I still support Torres even though he doesnt support my club.

i really, really do not understand that kind of thinking.

Nice end to the pre-season, 6 wins and 6 clean sheets! Bring on the Rangers next week :D

Blues boss happy with win

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas was delighted with the amount of chances his side created in their 2-0 friendly win over Aston Villa and wants the players to take that attacking mentality into the new campaign.

A goal in each half from Josh McEachran and Fernando Torresgave the Blues a comfortable victory in the Hong Kong Stadium and ensured they lifted the Barclays Asia Trophy for a second time.

It was a convincing performance from the Stamford Bridge club and if it had not been for the heroics of Villa goalkeeper Shay Given they would have scored more.

Villas-Boas would like his players to attack more this season and revealed after the game that he was delighted with the players' response to his methods so far.

"It was good, we really found some good spaces today and it's important for the level of opposition in Aston Villa to find these spaces and have a certain amount of opportunities. It's a good sign," said the 33-year-old.

"To create opportunities is one of our main objectives this season, a lot more attacking football, a lot more possession and we were able to do it today, even coping with Aston Villa's aggressiveness in their game, always testing us in behind. We were able to manage it quite well in the first half and better in the second half.

"We focus a lot on defensive objectives because we want the ball in our possession more and we want to attack more. For us to do it, we have to get it back as soon as possible.

"The appliance of the principles was only possible because of the excellent acceptance of these principles by the players and they are able to apply it. If they weren't able to apply it, you would be doing your job wrong. I think they are enjoying it."

The former Porto boss also played down the significance of Torres scoring, despite the £50million forward's struggles in front of goal last season.

"I am happy whoever scores," he added.

"We had a couple of good chances today, a couple from Fernando, a couple from Anelka, a couple from Daniel (Sturridge), so we are just happy that the team is able to put them in the back of the net whoever scores and for us to continue winning."

Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign the teenage Anderlecht striker Romelu Lukaku

The 18-year-old will join the Premier League side, subject to passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.

Anderlecht announced the sale of Lukaku on their website, but did not reveal the fee. Chelsea reportedly had an £18m bid turned down last month.

"He's an interesting young prospect," said boss Andre Villas-Boas after Chelsea's win over Rangers on Saturday.

"The situation is now that we have to position ourselves to maybe get this kind of talent."

Lukaku became a household name in Belgium when he was top scorer in the domestic league in the 2009-2010 season aged 16.

"It's a shame we have to let go of Romelu, who was scouted and trained by Anderlecht, but the transfer is a win-win situation for the player and the club," said Anderlecht manager Herman van Holsbeeck.

It comes as winger Yury Zhirkov, 27, left Chelsea for Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala.

No details have been released on the Zhirkov transfer fee either but reports in Russian suggest it will be £13.2m.

The 27-year-old, who joined Chelsea from CSKA Moscow two years ago, has signed a four-year contract with Anzhi.

Zhirkov, who joined Chelsea for £18m and has made 49 appearances for the club, was presented to the crowd before Anzhi's home league match against Tom Tomsk on Saturday.

"I'm very happy to be here in Makhachkala," he told supporters. "I hope to make my Anzhi debut in our next game against Spartak Moscow [next Sunday]."

But despite the presentation, Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas said the deal was not yet complete.

He said: "Yury is in between reaching a full agreement, between club and player, with Anzhi and in the end it was mostly his decision.

"It is a great financial offer for him, it is a return home and I think he has decided to part company."

No details released on the transfer fees?

Unlike your lot not to brag about it.

Its supposed to be in the region of £18m.....happy now mate? haha

Seapoke, gizz us a forward, come on, you got <deleted> 6 forwards now, gizz us one, come on, gizz one, pleeeeeeeese

:D

Seapoke, gizz us a forward, come on, you got <deleted> 6 forwards now, gizz us one, come on, gizz one, pleeeeeeeese

Yuz bettr lisen to alfie or the boyz will be gettin on teh tube an visitin yer manor innit.

Ok seeing as you asked so nicely you can have Kalou for free and we can swop Anelka for Modric.....with you giving up £5m in that deal too! :D

Ok seeing as you asked so nicely you can have Kalou for free and we can swop Anelka for Modric.....with you giving up £5m in that deal too! :D

Thats nearly as ridiculous as the latest offer of Benayoun plus cash! Seriously, Chelsea have made themselves look so stupid on this one. Why so shamelessly tap up a player only to make such derisory offers? Its not like Chelsea are a big club with much of a history. Give offer us 40m plus Sturridge and see what happens. Afterall, why would we be tempted by a club that we already know is stupid enough to pay 50m for Torres.

Thats nearly as ridiculous as the latest offer of Benayoun plus cash! Seriously, Chelsea have made themselves look so stupid on this one. Why so shamelessly tap up a player only to make such derisory offers? Its not like Chelsea are a big club with much of a history. Give offer us 40m plus Sturridge and see what happens. Afterall, why would we be tempted by a club that we already know is stupid enough to pay 50m for Torres.

Err ... to avoid being so stupid as to go through 6 months with a player that doesn't want to play for you? [Whisper: I think Chelsea know you are a forced seller, whereas Torres was not a forced sale].

Err ... to avoid being so stupid as to go through 6 months with a player that doesn't want to play for you? [Whisper: I think Chelsea know you are a forced seller, whereas Torres was not a forced sale].

Forced seller? laugh.gif

Don't imagine we're anything like your lot Santisuk....Modders aint going anywhere...UNLESS a club makes an attractive offer. Which no one has yet done.

Meanwhile your two best players are being sold for sulking at training. Personally I would blame the manager for this. biggrin.gif

Forced seller!! :huh: How do you work this one out? Just because you lot are having a mass exodus of key players does'nt mean its infectious.

I'm presuming that as a forced seller you are going to drop a bombshell on us and break the news that we've just sold Modric, Bale, Sandro and Van der Vaart. :o

Oh no, wait a minute, we have'nt sold any key player have we and we have no intention of doing so either have we.

Good day :)

I'll wait until 31 August before eating any humble pie :rolleyes:. [Clearly you don't have to remind me how stuffed up Arsenal were]

How many times do you all have to be told Modric is not for sale? :rolleyes:

Of course Modric is for sale but only at the right price.

The reality is that if you think Spurs are a 'forced seller' you assume they will eventually cave in to your current offer which would be optimistic.

If at the end of the window Chelsea raise their offer price to a level that Spurs accept, you will only prove that Chelsea are a 'forced buyer'.