Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

The usual unsubstantiated crock of shit from you. "Played half the season with almost their entire defence injured".Attributable to who? Ferdinand, Vidic,Evra,Rafael,Evans,Smalling,Jones? Ferdinand has bravely tweeted his way through the season with 21 appearances from 32 in the league, Compare that with last season where he dragged his tortured body through 30 of 38. Vidic,who seems to get injured tying his shoelaces nowadays,has hobbled his way through 16 this season while putting in his shift last season with the enviable total of 6. What a warrior! Evra continues to hold the defence together by appearing 27 times so far(2011-2012.....37 out of 38). Smalling has actually appeared a meagre 15 times. What could have ailed him? Evans painfully crawled on to the playing surface a pitiful 18 times this year and Jones has gritted his teeth,adjusted his red badge of courage before entering the fray 11 times. Well,knock me down with a feather,Ferdinand has actually found time, from his extra curricular activities, to put in more appearances,Evra excepted, than anyone else!

How does joking about how few games United's defenders have played this season prove that what carmine stated about United's defense being plagued with injury this season, was a crock of shit? All you seem to have done is to back up his statement. Unless i am missing something.... if so, please tell...

Simple arithmetic actually.With an embarrassment of riches at your disposal,it's not the case of how few but how many they've played.

Ferdinand is on course to appear in only 3 fewer games than he did last season. Vidic,who has been a non entity now from the start of last season to this,has already had more appearances this season, as has Rafael. Evra Evans and Smalling are putting in similar shifts now. The only one who has had a reason not to participate fully is Jones who didn't arrive on the scene,because of injury, until November 2012. Pray tell how he comes to the conclusion that your lot have "played half the season with almost your entire defence injured?".

Oldgit........you forgot about our goalies also tongue.png .....all your wining does is show how better we will be with a settled back five imo!

Don't forget Carrick and Valencia also in back line wink.png

Goalkeepers? No,I didn't forget them,Red. De Gea,for the best part of the season,was in and out of form like a fiddler's elbow. Lindegaard took his chance and looked to be cementing his place until he got injured. De Gea came straight back in and has regained form. No lack of continuity there,as far as I can see.

Because his statement was patently wrong and deserved to be criticised.The statistics I put forward are a direct comparison to United defence for 2011/2012 season. As you can see,there is hardly any difference overall. So are you saying that your back line was blighted by injury last season as well as this? I don't remember anybody commenting on this malaise last year as the reason you were beaten for the title.No, the general consensus was that you were beaten for the title on goal difference, because you lost at home to City 6-1.

We haven't had a settled back four for ages, and that includes last year. Vidic and Ferdinand have been in and out of the treatment room for a long time. Can't actually remember when they both went through a season fully fit. Our second string of defenders, Evans, Jones and Smalling, have all gone through their respective injury spells this season, and most of those spells have been quite long. Carmine's statement might have been guilty of a little exaggeration, but it wasn't that far off the mark, and certainly not the crock of shit you claimed it to be. In my opinion anyway.

Thanks for the common sense post Rix. Particularily liked the bit about "deserved criticism".....Now some might word it "i tend to disagree" but no Mr Small Man Syndrome jumps in the "your usual crock of <deleted>" comment!! Rest my casesmile.png

Because his statement was patently wrong and deserved to be criticised.The statistics I put forward are a direct comparison to United defence for 2011/2012 season. As you can see,there is hardly any difference overall. So are you saying that your back line was blighted by injury last season as well as this? I don't remember anybody commenting on this malaise last year as the reason you were beaten for the title.No, the general consensus was that you were beaten for the title on goal difference, because you lost at home to City 6-1.

We haven't had a settled back four for ages, and that includes last year. Vidic and Ferdinand have been in and out of the treatment room for a long time. Can't actually remember when they both went through a season fully fit. Our second string of defenders, Evans, Jones and Smalling, have all gone through their respective injury spells this season, and most of those spells have been quite long. Carmine's statement might have been guilty of a little exaggeration, but it wasn't that far off the mark, and certainly not the crock of shit you claimed it to be. In my opinion anyway.

In my opinion,you're trying to defend the indefensible. So we'll agree to disagree,Rix.

In my opinion,you're trying to defend the indefensible. So we'll agree to disagree,Rix.

No lets just agree that you don't have a response because you know he's right.

What is indefeasible is referring to someone else's post as a crock of <deleted> purely because you don't agree with it. Now run along will you

Edited by carmine

No lets just agree that you don't have a response because you know he's right.

What is indefeasible is referring to someone else's post as a crock of <deleted> purely because you don't agree with it. Now run along will you

"Indefeasible" and "crock of shote?" What the <deleted> are you on about? Check your posts like you you should have checked your facts in your first post. By the way,the indefensible was YOU,just in case you weren't keeping up.

I wasn't going to bother replying to your vitriol but you've drawn me in.What I meant by insults were the personal type.Calling someone a tit or whatever via a computer keyboard is stupid and laughable. When it comes to posts,however,with content that I consider to be <deleted>, the gloves are off and I'll say so in whatever way I think fit,It's up to you to offer a response without resorting to name calling like a big girl. I've also done my fair share of backslapping in the past,if I think the post is good, so it's not all one way as you have suggested.

As i said in the 1st place,man u won or will win the title because of goals scored by Rip and W.Looney,and thats why old comic relief nose bought Rip having lost last years title through not scoring enough goals..................uck all to do with there defence

Edited by keithsimmonds

laugh.png

Now now boys lets keep it civil, we are all entitled to our own opinion. If someone says something you don't like why get all offended? remember its just a game at the end of the day! biggrin.pngwai2.gif

Thats what i've said all along. Just don't like abusive responses to my opinions.

Do you know what a "crock of shote" is btw?rolleyes.gif Maybe i was having trouble keeping up because the "gloves were off"cheesy.gif but that one was lost on me and even with dyslexia i'm quite sure i said "<deleted>!

Anyway, i've been bored for a while with the little fella so lets move one as MrB has said and more importantly, all the best for the marathon! I envisage you as part of the leading pack wearing a Chelsea strip.

I see its all pleasantries on here this morning. :-)

On the subject of spending, I really don't see what Schurrle can bring to the table and I hope it's just speculation. I would prefer just to recall KDB.

I like the rumour of Luke Shaw coming to the Bridge. We could do with another LB and he seems to be getting a lot of praise and he's a Chelsea fan to boot.

As for strikers Carmine, I would love someone like Falcao, Cavani or Lewandowski to be signed, and lets be honest, who wouldn't?

But I would also be very happy recalling Lukaku instead, but it seems that is unlikely.

Maybe some kind of midfield enforcer would be good.

On the whole I don't think Chelsea need any major signings. If we didn't sign anyone and just recalled a few players I would still be confident for next year. We have very good young prospects and players at the Bridge, let the good times roll!

I remember watching Schurrle at Mainz.a few seasons back,and thinking what a terrific prospect he was.Quick around the box,similar to Lewandowski. It hasn't quite worked for him at Bayer Leverkusen,some say because he's being asked to play out on the wing.

As it looks like he's coming to us,where does that leave Torres and Ba? Both seem to be running into form now.

I admit I know very little about Shirley, but I feel we should be strengthening in other areas first. Ba and Torres still have question marks for me and I'm not too sure we should be relying on them for goals next season.

If we play Shirley I guess that means Oscar won't start, do you think that will improve the team? By a lot?

Surely with all the ffp rules we would be better off buying a striker unless Lukaku comes back which I doubt.

Here we go again,lets buy a striker for our new manager who we don,t even know who he is yet...........aghhhhhhhhhhhh Lets get the manager first and let him choose who he wants and not who the bloody hierachy wants.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 1

We know who the next manager is. :-)

There might be some conditions (top 4), but I think it's a dead cert. the only thing that might tempt him to stay at Real is if they don't win the CL.

TBH, if we buy good players I can't see why a manager would complain.

I admit I know very little about Shirley, but I feel we should be strengthening in other areas first. Ba and Torres still have question marks for me and I'm not too sure we should be relying on them for goals next season.

If we play Shirley I guess that means Oscar won't start, do you think that will improve the team? By a lot?

Surely with all the ffp rules we would be better off buying a striker unless Lukaku comes back which I doubt.

Why do you think Lukaku won't come back mjj? IMO he is more dangerous that Ba & Torres combined. It's a season on, he's got bigger, stronger and proven himself in the PL. Next season I expect to see really good things from him although he's still quite young.

If he's still available on loan, I'd suggest Mr. Levy gets involved ASAP. biggrin.png

Unfortunately we don't have a great record for breaking in young talent. That accompanied with the Torres love affair and the recent acquisition of Ba, I can see him going on loan again. I would love to be wrong on this one though, Lukaku is hungry for success and deserves a shot.

Unfortunately we don't have a great record for breaking in young talent. That accompanied with the Torres love affair and the recent acquisition of Ba, I can see him going on loan again. I would love to be wrong on this one though, Lukaku is hungry for success and deserves a shot.

Are you happy that Torres has found form, or are you still adamant that you would like to see him go?

I think you are probably right about the love affair and Ba is such a recent buy.

I'd really like to see Lukaku with a bigger club than WBA and as you say deserves a shot.

Are you happy that Torres has found form, or are you still adamant that you would like to see him go?

I think you are probably right about the love affair and Ba is such a recent buy.

I'd really like to see Lukaku with a bigger club than WBA and as you say deserves a shot.

My stance on Torres has softened a bit. I have no problem with him staying now, BUT forget his price tag and previous form, he should be on equal standing as Ba and Lukaku. At the moment rotating with Ba seems to be working and if we add Lukaku nothing should change. A bit of meritocracy would be appreciated.

The problem we have with Torres is that we have had so many false dawns that we are just waiting for the next 10 game barren spell. This I can not accept, he is not a rough diamond (Lukaku) and has no excuses.

Watched the youngsters beat Liverpool pretty easily last night to reach the Youth final again.

Looks to be some great kids there. Just hope it's not going to be for other clubs and that at least one or two can make it at Chelsea.

I wouldn't put the blame entirely on the club,mjj. We certainly produce really talented young players but,to use horse racing parlance,some of them 'don't train on',McCeachran and Kakuta being two high profile examples. They have become 'armchair' players,quite happy to stay within their comfort zone and not willing to go that extra yard to make themselves better.

Lukaku has been a success at West Brom,as was Sturridge when he went to Bolton. Sturridge came back and wasn't the same player primarily because he wasn't getting enough game time. Top class players react to that by working even harder to try and catch the coach's eye.I got the impression with him that he thought he was already the donkey's b*****ks and didn't need to get involved with all that stuff. Let's hope Lukaku isn't of that ilk.

If Shurrle comes,we could be looking at four players vying for the striker's spot although,with a different formation,one could be central with the other dropping off. That would leave Mata to control things in midfield without asking him to get forward too much.

I wouldn't put the blame entirely on the club,mjj. We certainly produce really talented young players but,to use horse racing parlance,some of them 'don't train on',McCeachran and Kakuta being two high profile examples. They have become 'armchair' players,quite happy to stay within their comfort zone and not willing to go that extra yard to make themselves better.

Lukaku has been a success at West Brom,as was Sturridge when he went to Bolton. Sturridge came back and wasn't the same player primarily because he wasn't getting enough game time. Top class players react to that by working even harder to try and catch the coach's eye.I got the impression with him that he thought he was already the donkey's b*****ks and didn't need to get involved with all that stuff. Let's hope Lukaku isn't of that ilk.

If Shurrle comes,we could be looking at four players vying for the striker's spot although,with a different formation,one could be central with the other dropping off. That would leave Mata to control things in midfield without asking him to get forward too much.

I'd have to agree with mjj - £90 million on transfers in just after you won the CL and a similar amount the year before. Your owner doesn't really think your youth is worth giving a shot. In fact $1.4 Billion spent in 10 years would confirm that. Good for other less fortune clubs I guess.

Edited by BangrakBob

From what I've read about Lukaku, he seems to be driven. He has said he doesn't want to bench warm, plus after the CL win he was not happy on the bus. One of the players said 'we won' or something like that and he replied, I didn't win anything. He doesn't party, he calls his parents about 3 times a day, I believe he is focused.

The problem he might has is that time is never given to our managers, so they may feel they can't risk playing a rough diamond yet.

Regarding Sturridge I feel it was a shame we let him go as he did score goals, even when not in his favoured position. He should have been given a chance ahead or Torres a few times. But, wow, was he greedy! Also he seems to be injured a lot.