Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Quite comfortable today. After that I really think we look a better team with Luiz in midfield. It wasn't high tempo but it was out 10th game in 29 days, also Oscars 74th for club and country this season.

I'm not convinced that either Ba or Torres should be our number 1 striker. I really want Lukaku back, the guy is a monster.

If we win the next 2 games we have the top 4 spot.

Quite comfortable today. After that I really think we look a better team with Luiz in midfield. It wasn't high tempo but it was out 10th game in 29 days, also Oscars 74th for club and country this season.

I'm not convinced that either Ba or Torres should be our number 1 striker. I really want Lukaku back, the guy is a monster.

It was an emphatic win but,due to number of games we are playing,we are noticeably tiring towards the end of games. Luiz is such a talented player,he could play in goal and still look good.

It was an emphatic win but,due to number of games we are playing,we are noticeably tiring towards the end of games. Luiz is such a talented player,he could play in goal and still look good.

Have you ever seen him play in goal?

• Like 1

Have you ever seen him play in goal?

With my ironic sense of humour,which is,at times, lost on some people,I am prone to exaggeration,but you get my drift.

I am positive if Roberto had stayed you would of done better in the league.

Never been a fan of Rafa to put it mildly, but at least he had the gumption to shove JT into the shadows. But yes, I think Roberto would have gotten more out of the squad.

Chelsea have had a turbulent time this season and now the season is ending they are looking very good. I can't see them not having Lukaku back, he's certainly good enough by far and I imagine wants to be a part of the CL set up (I think they will qualify). If rumours are true and Mourinho comes back with Falcao and a few others bank rolled, I really believe Chelsea will settle and become the title challengers. Will Torres stay? I think not as he could well be 3rd or 4th choice, my guess is back to Spain for around 12 million. City will of course be challengers, but I wonder if they will out Nasri, Dzeko and Tevez? I'm sure they will be replaced, but might take a while to gel and personally, I don't have confidence in the manager. Arsenal can turn it on in spells, but there's something still lacking that would make them strong and consistent enough to be challengers. That leaves Spurs, who are already lacking a top class forward. IF they lose Bale, I can't see them putting together a team strong enough for a title push, but if Bale stays and they buy the players they need, then they can do well. However, I stick by my opinion that next season will see Chelsea pushing for the top spot.

Yeah no top class striker.

You need at least two in my opinion to mount a title challenge so count us out.

I feel really bad for Spurs, they have so much talent in many areas and there are times they are a joy to watch.

The 'Bale factor' really has become quite big and now he's won both awards, which club won't want him next season?

Even with 60/80/100 million it's difficult to know who would come to Spurs IF they don't get 4th spot, certainly no-one can replace Bale.

Spurs need to do everything they can to keep Bale. Not only is he their best player, but he will help attract good players.

More importantly, I have my tickets for Chelsea v Thailand XI.

Happy as a pig in wotsits. :-)

I hope that, if Mourinho does return as manager,he doesn't get all misty eyed and nostalgic over past glories,and starts signing (or resigning i.e Drogba) players that are past their best.

Beautiful goal by Luiz.

Yeah,but I was getting slightly peeved with him before the goal. His passing wasn't up to his normal standard and his anticipation in the tackle was way off. We began the game well but,towards the end of the first half,we were looking for the dressing room and lost concentration.

What was impressive was they way we reacted,similar to when they got their equaliser in the first leg.

Did you notice the reaction of our players at the final whistle, compared to the Benfica team in the other semi? A few back slaps and handshakes by our mob while the Benfica players were absolutely ecstatic. To the European clubs,this is a very important competition.

I think Luiz was a bit more subdued as a yellow card would have stopped him playing in the final.

I think the lack of celebrations is less to do with the competition and more likely the pressure of now focusing on another 2 important games in 6 days. A bit like finishing your first exam - still more to come.

Overall we weren't brilliant and were caught napping, but we managed to turn it on after the break.

Even though he scored I'm yet to see Moses play well.

Beautiful goal by Luiz.

Yeah,but I was getting slightly peeved with him before the goal. His passing wasn't up to his normal standard and his anticipation in the tackle was way off. We began the game well but,towards the end of the first half,we were looking for the dressing room and lost concentration.

What was impressive was they way we reacted,similar to when they got their equaliser in the first leg.

Did you notice the reaction of our players at the final whistle, compared to the Benfica team in the other semi? A few back slaps and handshakes by our mob while the Benfica players were absolutely ecstatic. To the European clubs,this is a very important competition.

Nah - just shows you are a relatively big club on the European scene, despite how the Spuds fans laughingly mock you as a small team (.. and equally laughingly some of us Arsenal fans/supporters who have forgotten what its like to win anything, let alone Europe).

I very much doubt you would get Bayern, Real, Barca or Juve players going into paroxsysms of delight about an EuL final. 'To the little and middling clubs of Europe, the EuL is a very important competition' is what you should have said. I don't rate it myself, have not seen one game of it all season, and would not bother watching the final unless there was an English club involved. I do however watch at least one or two SerieA/Bundesliga/La Liga matches a week on telly - its not that I am a little Englander.

I just think you get better football at the top end of league matches than in lesser cup competitions; its why I 'm so scathing of the [insert this years logo] Cup in England. and of course we Gunners always get humiliated in it at the end of the line.

Well done to Chelsea for getting to the final, anyway. Hope your guys are so exhausted they will struggle to achieve only a draw against Spurs. Edit, having said that perhaps I should be playing the odds and focussing on getting fourth rather than holding out for third; maybe I should hope you beat Spurs.

Edited by SantiSuk

Beautiful goal by Luiz.

Nah - just shows you are a relatively big club on the European scene, despite how the Spuds fans laughingly mock you as a small team (.. and equally laughingly some of us Arsenal fans/supporters who have forgotten what its like to win anything, let alone Europe).

I very much doubt you would get Bayern, Real, Barca or Juve players going into paroxsysms of delight about an EuL final. 'To the little and middling clubs of Europe, the EuL is a very important competition' is what you should have said. I don't rate it myself, have not seen one game of it all season, and would not bother watching the final unless there was an English club involved. I do however watch at least one or two SerieA/Bundesliga/La Liga matches a week on telly - its not that I am a little Englander.

I just think you get better football at the top end of league matches than in lesser cup competitions; its why I 'm so scathing of the [insert this years logo] Cup in England. and of course we Gunners always get humiliated in it at the end of the line.

Well done to Chelsea for getting to the final, anyway. Hope your guys are so exhausted they will struggle to achieve only a draw against Spurs. Edit, having said that perhaps I should be playing the odds and focussing on getting fourth rather than holding out for third; maybe I should hope you beat Spurs.

Sorry Sant' but you lost me after "paroxysms" but I get the jist of what you are trying to say. I'm not looking forward to this weekend's and next week's fixtures as it could go horribly wrong for us. With the fixture list we've had and two tough games to come,the team could be gasping for breath by the end of the week. Still,the club will have nobody to blame but itself if it all backfires.

..........or, next Wednesday we could be celebrating having qualified for the CL. :-)

Optimistic to the last,mjj. Probably because I've witnessed more lows than highs at the club than you (I was knee high to a grasshopper when I saw Stan Wicks and Roy Bentley lift the First Division trophy in 1955),it's made me permanently pessimistic.

..........or, next Wednesday we could be celebrating having qualified for the CL. :-)

Still not happy with Benitez?

Chelsea interim manager Rafael Benitez has been named Premier League manager of the month for April.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22401657

Rafa is going through a good spell at the moment. Has he done better than RDM? Meh, not sure about that. We have big games coming up and if he can win the Europa and qualify for CL it will gain him some respect. It doesn't however overturn his CWC, league cup and league losses though.

Before the season began I predicted third in the league and a cup or 2 and we are not too far from that.

I haven't checked the stats, but he/chelsea have been better after his rant at the fans. Certainly our performances have been better.

• Like 1

I read this

Mendes put his client Mourinho's chances of joining Chelsea at 80%, with the coach's exit expected to pave the way for a clear-out of the agent's players at the Bernabeu. However, earlier on Friday the Real Madrid manager did not confirm his departure from the Spanish side, and dodged the rumours of a potential return to Chelsea.
Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/205489.html#hJeYRQusyeTuFQC6.99