Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Good on David Luiz.

“We want to say ‘thank you’ to him because he was an amazing coach for the team and for me personally,” said the Brazilian.

“I learnt a lot from him. People said bad things about him but not many coaches can do what he does. Next year’s coach will change but the mentality needs to be the same.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-interim-manager-rafa-benitez-1899742#ixzz2TnhnIQKq

Good on David Luiz.

“We want to say ‘thank you’ to him because he was an amazing coach for the team and for me personally,” said the Brazilian.

“I learnt a lot from him. People said bad things about him but not many coaches can do what he does. Next year’s coach will change but the mentality needs to be the same.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-interim-manager-rafa-benitez-1899742#ixzz2TnhnIQKq

The "mentality needs to be the same" bit made me laugh coming from him. In his last four games,Luiz has been a liability. He's been impetuous,reckless,slow, has been getting caught out of position and his decision making,when challenging for the ball,has been way off. I don't know if it's because he's playing holding midfield,he thinks he can shirk his defensive responsibilities, and leave it up to others or the talk surrounding a possible bid from Barcelona.

At his best,he's a terrific talent but I haven't been impressed with him one iota lately. In fact,I was cursing Benitez,before the start of the game,for putting him alongside Cahill and positioning Ivanovic at right back,instead of Azpilicueta. Anechebe tossed him around like a rag doll in the first half. I wasn't worried that Ake was employed as a defensive midfielder as he is very disciplined in his play. He was a bit overawed in the first half but got better as the game went on. Torres scored but is still frustrating as he does the hard bits well but then trips over the ball like a schoolkid.

Good on David Luiz.

nice of luiz to mention what benitez has done for them and say thanks. lampard and terry didn't mention him let alone say thanks in their end of season speeches. classy to the end.

• Like 2

Good on David Luiz.

nice of luiz to mention what benitez has done for them and say thanks. lampard and terry didn't mention him let alone say thanks in their end of season speeches. classy to the end.

And neither did Paulo Ferreira surprisingly,which tells me that the three players were under orders from the club not to mention his name. Guaranteed,on a day of celebration,some idiots would have booed,if they had done so.

Well done Chelsea - never doubted you would get third in the footrace over the last two months (until about 10pm Thai time last night!). You would have been right up there if your to$$er of an owner had bought you a decent striker instead of trying to prove that Torres was worth the money he shelled out to Liverpool.

It's confirmed that Mourinho will leave Madrid at the end of this season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22583729

I wonder where he will go............

Back to Lukaku. I believe that if Chelsea are not very careful with the way they deal with him, there's a possibility of losing him, though he wants to be at Chelsea. He's had a great season, is a full Belgium international now so I can't see why he wouldn't be good enough for Chelsea, considering who they have at the moment? I note that AVB was the man who bought him over from Anderlecht as a teenager and I'm sure he wouldn't mind signing him up again.

West Bromwich Albion loan star Romelu Lukaku says his future at Stamford Bridge depends on whoever is chosen as the next manager of Chelsea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22601175

I notice that loads of us are heaping praise on Benitez. Can we really be the same people who heaped $hit on Stevie when he used to maintain how good a manager Benitez was?

• Like 2

Uptheos, I think you are right about Lukaku - we do need to be careful how we treat him - and deservedly so.

Although he was signed while we had AVB, he wasn't an AVB signing. We had been following him for a while.

He came to SB on a school trip tour when he was about 16 and said he wanted to play for Chelsea and his hero was Drogba. Had Drogba shirts and posters on his bedroom wall. Aaahhh, how sweet!

In some ways I hope we don't sign a new striker (unless either Ba or Torres goes) as it will just push Lukaku down the pecking order. If we play a front 4 of Lukaku, Mata, Oscar and Hazard I feel we will be strong enough for a serious title charge next year. All young players with desire and talent to dominate games. If we sign a new striker there is always the chance of them taking time to adapt to the pl, with Lukaku we should hit the ground running.

Sometimes the Chelsea board leave me scratching my head with their decisions, it's the same with DeBruyne. Clubs are desperate to buy him, so we look elsewhere to spend £20m on Schurrle!! Why?? Unless we are looking at Schurrle as a squad player. But £20m on a squad player is a bit steep.

Uptheos, I think you are right about Lukaku - we do need to be careful how we treat him - and deservedly so.

Although he was signed while we had AVB, he wasn't an AVB signing. We had been following him for a while.

He came to SB on a school trip tour when he was about 16 and said he wanted to play for Chelsea and his hero was Drogba. Had Drogba shirts and posters on his bedroom wall. Aaahhh, how sweet!

In some ways I hope we don't sign a new striker (unless either Ba or Torres goes) as it will just push Lukaku down the pecking order. If we play a front 4 of Lukaku, Mata, Oscar and Hazard I feel we will be strong enough for a serious title charge next year. All young players with desire and talent to dominate games. If we sign a new striker there is always the chance of them taking time to adapt to the pl, with Lukaku we should hit the ground running.

Sometimes the Chelsea board leave me scratching my head with their decisions, it's the same with DeBruyne. Clubs are desperate to buy him, so we look elsewhere to spend £20m on Schurrle!! Why?? Unless we are looking at Schurrle as a squad player. But £20m on a squad player is a bit steep.

Awesome, can't think of a better front four and I think you will be challenging next year (if the incoming manager doesn't flock up all Benitez's good work wink.png )

I reckon Chelsea are mad to let Benitez go, true fans must appreciate what he has done. Just imagine what he could do next season if they wallop a load cash in the transfer market. Bit the old nose off......

I reckon Chelsea are mad to let Benitez go, true fans must appreciate what he has done. Just imagine what he could do next season if they wallop a load cash in the transfer market. Bit the old nose off......

Are you on drugs....oh no he,s your old boss and just like stevie g you think the sun shines out of his rrrrse

Right from the very start when he took over,both Red Nose and Harry R said how lucky he was to inherit a job like that with the squad of players at his disposal and only a DOPE wouldn,t succeed...........well he has had some success and i congratulate him for that,and it has done his CV a power of good....but imho im glad his time is up......he f..cked up in january and february against lesser opposition on several occassions which cost us a shot at the title and the league cup,and even last week he got lucky by not subbing Ramires after 60 minutes which he should done (and he wins the corner resulting in our winning goal),and <deleted> was he doing player Ramires on the right wing in the first place,...oh i know....,didn,t have the balls to drop Frankie and play Luiz and Ramires next to each other where they have been on quite a few occasions .....and on saturday he plays both Torres and Ba but has Torres on the left of midfield <deleted>..

No he hasn,t changed from his days at Liverpool and every other week he makes decisions or non decisions that leaves everyone srcatching there heads

Edited by keithsimmonds

.he f..cked up in january and february against lesser opposition on several occassions which cost us a shot at the title

Are you offering to sell your surplus of wacky baccy then? cheesy.gif

.he f..cked up in january and february against lesser opposition on several occassions which cost us a shot at the title

If wit was was sh.t you,d be full it.

Thanks for your words of wisdom. You'll end up with the classless manager you deserve.

Thanks for your words of wisdom. You'll end up with the classless manager you deserve.

I based what i said on fact,10 points dropped out of 12 ,against ....qpr reading southampton and newcastle 2 teams who were relegated and 2 teams who were nearly relegated and your smart reply was based on what???????

Given your fans disgraceful behaviour at all of those games its hardly surprising now is it? rolleyes.gif

How quickly you choose to forget.

Enjoy your Europa Cup win.

What is the the problem with you boys from 3 points lane eh?

You come on to this Chelsea thread post some cheap sarcastic remarks or cheap jibes,you get slapped in the face with facts then you start throwing insults...

Listen mate your mob aint as lilly white as the kit you play in....whats the song your mob sing to adeyboy......(on that bus it should have been you)

so don,t keep making out that your holy than thou.....ok

Given your fans disgraceful behaviour at all of those games its hardly surprising now is it? rolleyes.gif

You come on to this Chelsea thread post some cheap sarcastic remarks or cheap jibes,you get slapped in the face with facts then you start throwing insults...

Listen mate your mob aint as lilly white as the kit you play in....whats the song your mob sing to adeyboy......(on that bus it should have been you)

I'm simply giving a more balanced view of events. Its not solely Benitez fault you lost those games. You'd be much more likely to mount a title challenge if everyone concerned were pulling in the same direction.

Touchy aint ya?

I'm simply giving a more balanced view of events. Its not solely Benitez fault you lost those games. You'd be much more likely to mount a title challenge if everyone concerned were pulling in the same direction.

Touchy aint ya?

<deleted>.k me another politician...........am i on wacky baccycheesy.gif is a balanced view is it?

• Like 1

Touchy aint ya?

<deleted>.k me another politician...........am i on wacky baccycheesy.gif is a balanced view is it?

I get the feeling your glass is at least half empty tonight....if not entirely so.

At least I didn't say cup.....tongue.png

I notice that loads of us are heaping praise on Benitez. Can we really be the same people who heaped $hit on Stevie when he used to maintain how good a manager Benitez was?

Perhaps his detractors should have done their homework and checked out his record of silverware over the past 11 seasons in management compaired to those of the other incumbant managers in the premier league this season. I think i read that its more than the lot of them put together, bar Ferguson ofcourse. I rest my case.

Mindyou seeing as some posters on here are highlighting the odd substitution he made that they didn't like as reasons for his abuse/costing them a run at the title and other such nonsense i think we you should give up on here and start a separate discussion thread on Benitez, preferably chav free.

• Like 1

Going on and on about the abuse that Rafa got is becoming a bit boring.

For the first few games it was understandable and I have said how I disagreed with it as time went on. But to keep banging on about classless fans is a tad dull now. Whether you think fans or managers are classless (really dumb assessment btw) is irrelevant to how I support my club.

Going on and on about the abuse that Rafa got is becoming a bit boring.

For the first few games it was understandable and I have said how I disagreed with it as time went on. But to keep banging on about classless fans is a tad dull now. Whether you think fans or managers are classless (really dumb assessment btw) is irrelevant to how I support my club.

Hold on a minute. Were talking about the silverware he's won. Bit different isn't it? The fact that all you and Keith seem to be able to do is highlight the odd substitution he made that you disagreed with as a reason for him not being quite the real article is ridiculous but not abuse and i never said it was.

The abuse bit is/was a home and away fan issue which is over because he's gone hasn't he!

Carmine, your assessment of the odd substitution is correct, but they were bloody important ones. As for silverware, whilst I'm happy to have won it, it was only the Europa cup. If we had met any of those teams in the CL, we would have been massive favourites so its hardly a huge achievement.

Rafa did do well with the congestion and rotation, although he ran Mata and to a lesser extent Oscar into the ground. He even got us into playing good football, but Mourinho is like a demigod at Chelsea and there is no competition. If you look at my previous posts I have given Rafa plenty of praise and even said, if it wasn't for Mourinho, I would be happy for him to stay.

I'm very happy to get Mourinho back for 2 reasons. Firstly I think he will bring more success and secondly, even if it goes wrong, us Chelsea fans can draw a line under the Mourinho saga.

• Like 1

I thought Benitez did a very good job under a lot of pressure from the clubs fans in the end......it begs the question why?

Why did he take a job like this on?

For me it can only have been for his own benefit and satisfaction...he didnt need the abuse nor the money so for me Benitez is as bad as Chelsea for taking the job in the first place.

Self gratification i think and we all know about Chelsea and its fans so no need to repeat that shit.

Whose next for the interim club in London.