Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Surely, if he didn't want him he would have been sold.

Jelly, better than he is on the table!?!

You joker.wink.png

My thinking is that Mourinho is looking to play counter attack and maybe Mata doesn't fit. He has already remarked that Torres' strength is the open field. I wasn't aware he still had any strengths, but...

Personally I think he's off his rocker, but it fits his defense first profile.

Yep, valid points, especially the last sentence. It all seems to fit, but Jaysus, surely Jose watched a few of Chelsea's games last year! Without Mata we were toothless and generally inept and trying to adapt for Torres (AGAIN!!) would be mental.

If Mata doesn't start the next game the signs will all be there. I don't think I am being unreasonable when I suggest Mata was most likely one of the top 5 players in the league last year, certainly top 10. So to bench him until January has to be impossible.

• Like 2

SinglePot,

After my mental melt down when Rafa was appointed, I ended up respecting the bloke and his abilities. Not all mind you, but enough that I would speak to him if I ever saw him - not that that is ever likely.

Rafa is alright in my book.............still makes some dodgy subs though..... :-)

As I said I'll defend our player on any thread within the rules of this forum when he gets called what he did by Keef

After the sad steadfast and blind Suarez defence debacle that most LFC supporters seemed to feel obliged to partake in, thought a lesson might have been learnt. Clearly not...
  • Like 2

He has done that already and I'm alright with it because 16 goals in 17 appearances says he can.

I'll second that, Keith.

Sturridge was and always will be out for himself only. No teamwork as he only wants to be the sta

Oh, that's a barb! Maybe he's just looking like the good boy for now. Will you feel frustrated when he hogs the ball on a clear opportunity instead of passing?

I doubt any of you blues would care mentioning anything on here about DS if it wasn't for the fact we bought him for a good price and now he's scored 16 goals in 17 appearances.

Meanwhile you've got an overrated donkey who is being kept on a life support because you paid over the odds to us, another striker whose career was on fire until he turned up at Stamford Bridge and a 32 year old mercenary who has been fannying about in Russia for 2 years. Your best potential future striker has been loaned out.

All the while you let go of the guy who has scored more goals than Torres & Ba combined 15 goals in 46 appearances biggrin.png Sturridge with 16 goals in 17 appearances, for 12 Million facepalm.gif Keep up the selfish work kid, be a star clap2.gif

Your right mate.........i certainly wouldn,t and haven,t mentioned or talked about him once he left Chelsea,but.....an opinion was asked for and i gave it...so don,t come on to this thread as Mjj has pointed out and try to be a Smart arse.

well when you call one of our players a bast*rd and a c*unt you should expect some sort of retort

Those two words i used were my reflection of him when he played for us.....uck all to do with you or your club!

As I said I'll defend our player on any thread within the rules of this forum when he gets called what he did by Keef

After the sad steadfast and blind Suarez defence debacle that most LFC supporters seemed to feel obliged to partake in, thought a lesson might have been learnt. Clearly not...

Nice work, pull out the beaten to death Suarez card for no apparent reason whatsoever. It's totally unrelated to this conversation or my point!!

Edited by BangrakBob

Why would anyone want to stick up for players at their club? By all means,defend Liverpool,the club and it's tradition, but players?? Most of them wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire, and most of them couldn't care less about the club they're playing for,as long as they get their bunce at the end of the week. Argue the point over a stalwart like Carragher,for instance, but not some upstart who's been at the club for five minutes.

I dont know why you people don't bother to read full conversations rather than cut and pasting selected sentences, and reroute to an unrelated topic and reasoning behind point made.

SinglePot,

After my mental melt down when Rafa was appointed, I ended up respecting the bloke and his abilities. Not all mind you, but enough that I would speak to him if I ever saw him - not that that is ever likely.

Rafa is alright in my book.............still makes some dodgy subs though..... :-)

Fair does mjj. But Rafa is at Napoli now. The point I was trying to make is that Jose is now our manager, he is quite likely to do things differently from Rafa, and the last two seasons when Mata was player of the year are now history.

SinglePot,

Fair does mjj. But Rafa is at Napoli now. The point I was trying to make is that Jose is now our manager, he is quite likely to do things differently from Rafa, and the last two seasons when Mata was player of the year are now history.

Oh, right. Still in those 2 years we have had 3 managers who all seemed to go with Mata. Jose will no doubt put his stamp on our team, but I can't see it being at the expense of Mata.

• Like 1

Nice work, pull out the beaten to death Suarez card for no apparent reason whatsoever. It's totally unrelated to this conversation or my point!!
It's absolutely relevant to this conversation. You stated that you would defend your player(Sturridge)when someone uses some nasty words against him. I don't believe you would waste your time defending him were he not a player of yours, so you are defending him simply because he happens to play for your club, which is exactly what you lot did with Suarez, right from the diving and the cheating, through the racism saga, printed t-shirts and all, and right up to the recent biting. The only thing that snapped you out of your blind defending was him crapping on you all and on the club from a large height.

Just thought that whole experience might have opened your eyes a bit, but here you are rolling up your sleeves and defending the honour of someone who has been at your club five minutes, just because someone dared to say that he was a bit of a <deleted>.

• Like 1

It's absolutely relevant to this conversation. You stated that you would defend your player(Sturridge)when someone uses some nasty words against him. I don't believe you would waste your time defending him were he not a player of yours, so you are defending him simply because he happens to play for your club, which is exactly what you lot did with Suarez, right from the diving and the cheating, through the racism saga, printed t-shirts and all, and right up to the recent biting. The only thing that snapped you out of your blind defending was him crapping on you all and on the club from a large height.

Just thought that whole experience might have opened your eyes a bit, but here you are rolling up your sleeves and defending the honour of someone who has been at your club five minutes, just because someone dared to say that he was a bit of a <deleted>.

That is what desperation and a culture of self pity brings.

In Bob's defense Sturridge was called more than "a bit of a <deleted>".

Is it just me or do I sense a whiff of sour grapes in some of these comments about Sturridge ?wink.png

• Like 2

this is ridiculous, I responded with a friendly bit of wind up banter regarding Sturridge's goals since LFC this has nothing to do with defending Suarez you've just used as a tenuate link to wax lyrical again

• Like 1

Nice work, pull out the beaten to death Suarez card for no apparent reason whatsoever.  It's totally unrelated to this conversation or my point!!

In Bob's defense Sturridge was called more than "a bit of a <deleted>".

Is it just me or do I sense a whiff of sour grapes in some of these comments about Sturridge ?Posted Image

Do you know what <deleted> means Jelly? I think that is exactly what he was called. Either way, they are only names for goodness sake. Feel free to go ahead and call United players any names you like. Not my job to defend them. Not in that way anyway. If you say they had a crap game and I don't think they did, might defend them then. But call them a <deleted>, why should I care? Not like they are members of my family or personal friends.

However, with Anzhi's boss going down for fraud (hence the firesale) Anzhi £0 a year, Chelsea £7m a year. Puts a slightly different slant on it eh?

Does he know Eto'o has gone to Chelski?

Nice one ...wilai.

Listen Bob

Firstly no-one asked for your opinion about Sturridge,this a Chelsea thread and the question was asked of fellow Chelsea fans..........and as for a bit of a wind-up...facepalm.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif you were clearly trying to rub our noses in it. Which i for one didn,t like one little bit.

I couldn,t care less if the bloke scores 40 ..ucking goals a season for ya ,and that ain,t sour grapes.

• Like 2

Listen Bob

Firstly no-one asked for your opinion about Sturridge,this a Chelsea thread and the question was asked of fellow Chelsea fans..........and as for a bit of a wind-up...facepalm.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif you were clearly trying to rub our noses in it. Which i for one didn,t like one little bit.

I couldn,t care less if the bloke scores 40 ..ucking goals a season for ya ,and that ain,t sour grapes.

People have their noses rubbed in it all the time on the football thread. You bitter 'ol Chavs ought to go out and buy yourselves a sense of humor.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Belgium. Very strong World Cup squad.

01 Courtois

02 Alderweireld

03 Van Buyten

04 Lombaerts (Pocognoli - 76' )

05 Vertonghen

06 Witsel

08 Fellaini (Mirallas - 68' )

16 Defour (Dembele - 87' )

07 De Bruyne

09 Benteke