Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Mourinho does the same amount of interviews as any other manager, it's just the press print every bit of it.

Its more about his demeanor and the things he comes out with. Bloke does himself little favors.

Would you expect a Spurs fan to be endeared to him for the gloating manner shown over the Willian gazump? Simply unnecessary. But i'm delighted you got him nonetheless Mjj!!!biggrin.png

If I was Alfie, I'd bookmark that.

You say gloating, others might say humourous. Did you expect him to apologise?

I think there is a bit too much prejudice with Mourinho from some posters, no matter what he says, he is arrogant or gloating. Last night for example he took the responsibility for the 2 loses, no excuses, but I'm sure that will be construed as a negative on his character.

His label as 'The Special One' is media made, he said he is 'a special one' and no doubt he is after winning the CL with Porto.

Oh thats fine, its your opinion but don't expect others to like him because he's entirely dislikable.

Please bookmark my point that i'd rather have ended up with Erikson having been gazumped on Willian. Willian's a mercenary lacking in the ambition to ever become a world class player whereas Eriksen has the hunger written all over him.

Carmine, don't you get bored with this mercenary line?

Remind me, how many games has Eriksen played for you? All his stats mean jack shi7 from Ajax against pub players. He may turn out to be a star, but you are putting so much expectation on him. As for Willian, well I said I didn't see the need for him, but he is our player and he must be something otherwise you wouldn't have gone for him.

Very few managers have the success that Mourhino has on his European CV for the past 10 years. Consistent success in Portugal, EPL, Italy, and Spain.

From what we have seen since he returned to Chelsea, he is clearly wanting to win but play exciting football at the same time.

Chelsea squad has the potential (and we have already seen glimpses) that they can play the way Wenger and Arsenal did in their pomp.

Looks to me like he thinks Mata is integral to the squad for some games, maybe not all.

Lukaku. 20 years old. Big burden for young boy.

Up to Jose to make it work. If he gets it right it will be devastatingly good.

This season and next.

Fortune favours the brave. I think he's sticking his neck out.

I know I made my point a few weeks back in a manner not well received, but seriously cannot understand bringing in Eto and loaning lukaku. He might be 20 singlepot but he is physically prime and proved in an average team he is a great striker. I would have thought he'd have been the drogba understudy ready to take the leading role. As an opposition fan I'm glad he did get loaned again, but I guess we will see it is early days.

• Like 1

I know I made my point a few weeks back in a manner not well received, but seriously cannot understand bringing in Eto and loaning lukaku. He might be 20 singlepot but he is physically prime and proved in an average team he is a great striker. I would have thought he'd have been the drogba understudy ready to take the leading role. As an opposition fan I'm glad he did get loaned again, but I guess we will see it is early days.

yep. I have reservations about the Lukaku loan like everybody else seems to.

Jose obviously thinks Eto'o can still do the business for this season.

As regards Willian. From what I saw last night, a player with ability above the ordinary. Same with Hazard. And he has clearly not given up on Torres.

If Mourhino can get this lot motoring it will be fantastic stuff.

• Like 1

Hmmmmmmm. Weeeellllll. My take on it is..... He doesn't want to use the same squad as last year because we weren't as successful as Mourinho wants them to be, so he is trying different formations with limited success IMO. It's no good just doing what Rafa or whoever else went before did, is it?

I certainly not going to give Mourinho abuse for the loses as who would of thought that with Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Eto'o, Schurrle and the rest there would be no creative spark. Weird! We seem to be having too many players having an off day(s).

Personally, I would drop Hazard, start with Mata as the focus, use Torres in Europe, Eto'o or Ba in the league, KDB was a shining light in preseason so he should play - probably in Hazards place - and put Luiz in midfield.

The Lukaku debate is an odd one, but, wow, did he frustrate me against Bayern!

I said a while ago that we needed a poacher and I still believe that, we don't seem to have a problem attacking and getting to the final third, it just at that point we become so slllllloooooooooooooooooowwwwww.

My team

Cech

Azpi, Ivan, Terry, Cole

Lamp, Luiz

KDB, Mata, Oscar.

Eto'o

The mid 3 could be swapped around or be given roaming roles.

Great side on paper but the left side of your defense is very exposed to speed. Cole's speed has gone and Terry was never a nimble mover at the best of times. Don't think Cech's that quick off his line to cover for them either

As regards Willian. From what I saw last night, a player with ability above the ordinary. Same with Hazard. And he has clearly not given up on Torres.

The 'ease' in which Lukaku allowed himself to be loaned out for a season, suggests to me that he didn't mind leaving Chelsea one bit and I wonder why? I hope he does well, I think he will and I wouldn't then be surprised to hear him ask for a permanent move. Being fourth choice for Mourinho, behind the three centre forwards that Chelsea have, can't make him feel very good.

• Like 1

The 'ease' in which Lukaku allowed himself to be loaned out for a season, suggests to me that he didn't mind leaving Chelsea one bit and I wonder why? I hope he does well, I think he will and I wouldn't then be surprised to hear him ask for a permanent move. Being fourth choice for Mourinho, behind the three centre forwards that Chelsea have, can't make him feel very good.

No one forced him to sign his multi million pound contract of course. He was much sought after and chose Chelsea in the full knowledge that joining a club owned by Ambramovich would always meaning fighting for a place over some of the most expensive strikers in the world. He would also have been aware that a club with the financial muscle of Chelsea would not be as stupid as to sell him to a premier league rival and a loan to a lesser club would always be the likely option.

Benteke chose to stay with a team knowing full well he was nailed on to start every game. Shame but good on him, i would have loved for Spurs to have signed him

• Like 1

world cup next year and he needs to make sure of his place in the belgium squad, which means playing.

• Like 1

No one forced him to sign his multi million pound contract of course. He was much sought after and chose Chelsea in the full knowledge that joining a club owned by Ambramovich would always meaning fighting for a place over some of the most expensive strikers in the world. He would also have been aware that a club with the financial muscle of Chelsea would not be as stupid as to sell him to a premier league rival and a loan to a lesser club would always be the likely option.

Benteke chose to stay with a team knowing full well he was nailed on to start every game. Shame but good on him, i would have loved for Spurs to have signed him

Well, I guess Torres is one of the most expensive, but he probably thought like most people that he's just not doing the business anymore and wouldn't get into any other top EPL side, so he had a chance. Demba Ba wasn't exactly expensive or much cop and Etoo is past his prime. I think you hit the nail on the head with the Abramovich factor, which doesn't allow for rhyme or reason. I hope he has a great season at Everton.

Edited by uptheos

First half we were terrible with the usual reluctance to shoot. The second half was pretty much the same, but had brief spells where we looked to have intent. Still lots to do and improvements needed, but after the last few games and all the doom and gloom it is nice to win.

Very happy to see Mikel score. On the BBC site they say his 185 games is the longest any outfield player has gone before scoring. I still can't see that Hazard does much and I think he should be dropped, although Skysports rated him quite highly........

I would like to see more of KDB. When he came on the for 5 minutes he still found time to have a crack at goal - just what we need.

Top of the table for the next few hours! Not bad for a team apparently in crisis......

Mr B, I have no real answer to that. The only thing I can suggest is that because Mata is such a good player, Mourinho is trying to adapt his game for the benefit of the team. Similar to what he did with Joe Cole before. When this happens we will be stronger.

I can't see any other reason. The idea that Mourinho doesn't like him as a player is laughable because we could have easily sold him for a tidy profit, but didn't. Therefore, he must have plans...............surely??

Mourinho has said Mata will play midweek in the cup and I hope it is not at the expense of Oscar, as they are the 2 in midfield I want to play together. Hazard on the other hand can go on holiday for all I care.

I still can't get to grips with Mata not only being not on the park but also not on the bench either.

Mata, the new Iker Casillas.coffee1.gif

Exact same thing going through my mind!

I'll be chuffed to bits if he leaves out Mata next weekend.

Interesting, i wonder if Mourinho has the balls to omit Mata for the Tottenham derby at WHL?

I doubt it because he'll get slated if we beat the chavs with their player of the season not playing

Edited by carmine

Fulham are a poor side.

I agree. Without Ruiz,Fulham had no one to pull the strings.With a midfield of Sidwell and Parker,they were there for the taking but it took a long time for Chelsea to click into gear. The first half was grim. It looked like the defeat against Basle had shaken the players confidence, with no one willing to do anything out of the ordinary. The goal shook them out of their lethargy and they played with a bit more confidence afterwards but there is still cause to be concerned.

Mourinho has nailed his colours to the mast by naming Oscar as his main man,which is fair enough. He has an abundance of energy and is bright going forward and gets back to defend, but he isn't a playmaker. If not Mata,I would like to see Willian operate along side him,just to add a creative spark. It was great to see Mikel get his goal which was reward for a good performance. Although he's slow,the Fulham midfield were even slower,so he had a stress free day.

Mr B, I have no real answer to that. The only thing I can suggest is that because Mata is such a good player, Mourinho is trying to adapt his game for the benefit of the team. Similar to what he did with Joe Cole before. When this happens we will be stronger.

I can't see any other reason. The idea that Mourinho doesn't like him as a player is laughable because we could have easily sold him for a tidy profit, but didn't. Therefore, he must have plans...............surely??

Mourinho has said Mata will play midweek in the cup and I hope it is not at the expense of Oscar, as they are the 2 in midfield I want to play together. Hazard on the other hand can go on holiday for all I care.

You can see Hazard is struggling because he rarely took the full back on,preferring to come inside. He is still working hard but the dynamism he had last season is missing, so maybe a spell on the bench is what he needs. One thing he has got, which no other player in the team possesses,is true acceleration.

Just a few short months ago Chelsea was battling through a ton of matches in a short period of time. Europa League games and EPL matches. Trying to win a trophy and qualify for CL. Despite the Rafa situation they played very good football, won the Europa League and qualified for CL play. Everyone who wasn't an extreme Rafa hater acknowledged his performance, and the heart/grit of the team to battle through so many tough matches.

Now, the team is essentially described by Mourinho as lacking backbone and weak. What happened ?

• Like 1

Just a few short months ago Chelsea was battling through a ton of matches in a short period of time. Europa League games and EPL matches. Trying to win a trophy and qualify for CL. Despite the Rafa situation they played very good football, won the Europa League and qualified for CL play. Everyone who wasn't an extreme Rafa hater acknowledged his performance, and the heart/grit of the team to battle through so many tough matches.

Now, the team is essentially described by Mourinho as lacking backbone and weak. What happened ?

I think he is saying they are not good enough to challenge for the title or the champions league.which was a given until a couple of years ago.

Mata not playing isn't going down well at the bridge.

The "happy one" didn't last long..

What happened? Well under Rafa we did OK, maybe better than OK, but we were never consistently good, especially when Mata didn't play. If Mourinho played the same way as Rafa we wouldn't improve that much, so he is trying to get us playing differently. It's not working at the moment, but it is early days.

Rafa did some things I liked like Luiz in midfield and we played great against Utd in the FA cup, but we were terrible at holding on to leads and too many times looked disjointed.

For all the negativity Mourinho and Chelsea are getting you wouldn't think we were top of the table with only a chance of slipping to 4th this evening. We should have beaten Everton, but they always seem to give us a good game. A point at OT isn't a bad result either, even though I thought we should have gone for all 3 more.

A slip up in the CL against Basle isn't the end of the world either, haven't they slayed a few giants before?

Fair enough mjj. Certainly a distinct contrast from the end of last season, but I get the new picture under Mourinho. Having the big clubs going through pains of their own will help him.

I think he is saying they are not good enough to challenge for the title or the champions league.which was a given until a couple of years ago.

Mata not playing isn't going down well at the bridge.

The "happy one" didn't last long..

That rationale may be valid rayong. Hard to say, but I understand the thinking. Harsh and somewhat weird medicine for what ails 'em though.

If the patient ain't better soon though there will be howls of outrage from the anxious and expectant family.thumbsup.gif

Terry is back from injury.