Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

4 hours ago, jellydog said:

Even away this should be 3 points. Arsenal's defense is in tatters.

It looks good for us JD but you can never write Arsenal off, no matter who they put out. Ozil looks like he's available.

• Like 1

Conte must be on Valium,  in persisting to choose Baka The Lumbering Dumb Ox   in leiu of Drinky , or playing him at all

Drinky,s  solid all round game is needed in our M/F,  and it stood out like dog,s balls a few days back, against Stoke

Morata is in a nightmare ,  5  very good chances in the last  two matchs, none scored , Get Vardy The Pest, he would have scored most of them

Arsenal were there for the taking last nite, dropped two points for mine, and Conte is wearing thin on Wombat ,  at best will just see the season out, unless he admits himself for a  total dry out in a local Rehab, he certainly is in need of it,   in summing up a  exciting match to watch , and will

see how the T/F window progresses , its a critical one for Chelsea,to remain in the Top Four, a lovely morning for my Adoring Fans on the Footy Forum:smile:...BTW   The Governor  ,scored y/day on his return debut fo rAthletico Madrid  LOL

Edited by evenstevens

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, sanemax said:

It would be a bit unfair on the five that had to play with no clothes on and it would be problematic for the Ref trying to book players, if they had no numbers on their backs

Perhaps if they had scored, it would have been 5 and a pair of underpants win?

Lots of if, buts and maybes in this game where both sides had numerous chances but only four were taken in the end. It was odds on that Arsenal's defence would be brittle but, the disappointment for me was how easily the Arsenal attack breached ours. It was a good job Courtois was at his best with three or four outstanding saves.

I've noticed on other forums the 'let's conveniently forget what we said about him two weeks ago' tossers have, all of a sudden, got the knives out for Morata for not putting his 'one on one' chances away. He's got 9 goals this year, more than Lacazette and Sanchez, Firmino and Vardy and the same as Lukaku so, you won't hear me slating him. Being a striker isn't a definitive art. They ALL get streaky runs, where they could be tying up their shoelaces in the goalmouth, and the ball would cannon off them into the net and, just like Morata now, you can't score whatever you try to do. My overall judgement of Morata is that he's got the movement and pace (reminds me of Osgood in that respect)and, when his confidence is there, can put them away. he's young and raw and this is his first season in the Premier League and also, let's not forget, his first season as the No. 1 striker for a team. He's acquitted himself well so far and I can see bags of improvement to come from him. Also his link up play with Hazard is outstanding. He'll do for me.

Zappacosta came on and made Maitland-Niles look silly, something that Moses couldn't do all game. That goal against Stoke has given him the confidence to take people on and also shoot. That thunderbolt of his, in the final minute, nearly broke the bar in half! 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2561 at 1:21 PM, evenstevens said:

morata and drinky are my only two t.f buys this season that have met my approval.the others are struggling to make their presence felt .but wait to the end of seson for my final call

two days ago, my Morata call , so Wombat is not one of your tossers

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

I've noticed on other forums the 'let's conveniently forget what we said about him two weeks ago' tossers have, all of a sudden, got the knives out for Morata for not putting his 'one on one' chances away.  My overall judgement of Morata is that he's got the movement and pace (reminds me of Osgood in that respect)and, when his confidence is there,

how can you say that Morata reminds  you of  Ossie (,coming up  to  a 1/2 century ago) , hey  Galah fair suck on  the Battered Sav ,   Wombat  would have The Gov  in place of Morata  anyday , not a word on   Baka , who is not worth a cold crumpet (so far), yet u can slag Moses ,who may be off form presently but is trying his butt off,  perhaps in the same no confidence lane ,as Morata, do you ever take that into consideration???  nice to see you are off Cahills and Willian,s back:smile:   who,s  your next  Hit   Galah ??? a nice arvo to all

If we sign him, he goes straight on to the bench .......or is it the medical table.

Suppose its a no brainer really.....both Bakayoko and Drinkwater were injured when we signed them.

Loftus Cheek , Mason Mount and Charlie Musonda will all be pleased. 

Still the bloke was a matchwinner for Everton at least 4 times per season...and the players he could be surrounded by at our club are light years infront of what he was playing with. 

We will see.

36 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

If we sign him, he goes straight on to the bench .......or is it the medical table.

Suppose its a no brainer really.....both Bakayoko and Drinkwater were injured when we signed them.

Loftus Cheek , Mason Mount and Charlie Musonda will all be pleased. 

Still the bloke was a matchwinner for Everton at least 4 times per season...and the players he could be surrounded by at our club are light years infront of what he was playing with. 

We will see.

whats new sitting on the fence again, my view  Barks will be a better signing then Baka  who  cannot trap a ball if his life depended on it, and has a turning circle of a oil tanker,  and as for pressing his opponents   in close combat   he is  ,a yellow belly , the Galahs are blaming The Rat for this and that ,he is not the problem Baka is, , not worth a two bob watch, 

12 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Oy mush,

Put your trumpet down and give this number a call 116123....Samaritans. Put it on speed dial....Fragile Paranoid and Dillusional....just for you.

Make sure you call them .......

before you have ya dark lao and mints. 

It  would be nice to discuss,  or debate our differences,  with decorum       or  ,     Fluff  Off  !!!

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Always going to be a gamble with Barkley but at £15m not an extortionate one.

We'll be hoping he spends his time on the treatment table mostly. :biggrin:

Unpredictable and oft injured, but for that price a steal methinks.

• Like 1

If he'd wanted to join Chelsea why did he back off in the summer?  And if its the higher wages thats swung him back then theres an attitude problem.  I don't think its much of a gamble for Chelsea, at 15m if it doesn't work out they are hardly going to lose out much.  If he succeeds its a huge bargain.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

in most cases all transfers are a gamble, win some,  lose some , but at 15 mil  well worth a gamble  my view on Barkley is that he has come up short in recent seasons in line with his potential,  perhaps Conte can find the key to unlock his  natural talent, at 24 and being around better class players,surely will help,   a even money bet  to suceed or fail, is my call

BTW  Spuds 4x2 Chairman  was  very interested in securing his services as the 15 mil price tag was right up his alley, but Barkley decided C/sea  instead of Spuds largely due to a 5year+ contract and a  much better weekly wage earn etc etc then the 4X2 was prepared to offer, just par for the course with this dog of a Chairman, long may it continue, a nice mid morning to all

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

in most cases all transfers are a gamble, win some,  lose some , but at 15 mil  well worth a gamble  my view on Barkley is that he has come up short in recent seasons in line with his potential,  perhaps Conte can find the key to unlock his  natural talent, at 24 and being around better class players,surely will help,   a even money bet  to suceed or fail, is my call

BTW  Spuds 4x2 Chairman  was  very interested in securing his services as the 15 mil price tag was right up his alley, but Barkley decided C/sea  instead of Spuds largely due to a 5year+ contract and a  much better weekly wage earn etc etc then the 4X2 was prepared to offer, just par for the course with this dog of a Chairman, long may it continue, a nice mid morning to all

Even money? Mind how you go with your 'outrageous' analysis! I'll stick my neck out a bit further than the marsupial and say that he will be a success, as long as he takes in Conte's instructions because he's struck me in the past as being a bit tactically unaware. No doubting his talent though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, evenstevens said:

It  would be nice to discuss,  or debate our differences,  with decorum       or  ,     Fluff  Off  !!!

Your farking priceless.   Debate what??   Which way the wind blow as to what your opinion is today....."dodged a bullet by not signing Barclay"  your words mush. I am a fence sitter and your even money as to whether he is a success or not....make up your mind Sheila 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

So now we can add Alzheimer,s to your list.......don,t you lose that number now.

thks for that , Sunshine where,s the big deal that you are trying to troll

That post  was 4 months ago,and my comments in my view are still substainially vindicated, on the Barkley,s hamstring surgery etc etc

When his   official t/f to C/sea was first  announced, it came to my mind, why take him on without  him playing  one minute after serious surgery has been done,and immediately read a contact of  five and a half years was in place,so his medical check up,  must have come up trumps to be given such a long term contact

with  a serious injury being involved,and no playing time  to prove his fitness on his hamstring surgery recovery etc etc either, in my view  with experience,its still a cloud hanging over his hammy,until he has clocked some K.s on the playing pitch ,full stop

and also in my view this T/F has been a nice ploy:smile: by C/sea and Barkely  to get the best deal for both parties,hence a  T/F fee of 35 mil down to 15 mil, and Barkely gets a 5.1/2 yrs  contrac etc etc .And the only two losers at this point of time are Everton losing 20 mil and Spuds  insane  4X2 Chairman not securing Barkley services at  such a bargain basement T/F fee , and Everton gets some Karma back on the way they duped C/sea on the Big Sack T/F to M/U    the very true saying comes to mind, What  Goes  Around, Comes Around and again my view a even money bet, if C/sea are  the winners on this  very odd  or peculiar T/F  see how it pans out

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Nice reply....(i love waffles)....sorry mush gonna have to add verbal diarrhea to that evergrowing list of yours. 

Thks  Sunshine  Luv  You  and  The  Old  Galah, :smile:

chow for now, Mush/Wombat signing off for a Beer Lao  Dark or Two:smile:

Interesting read. There is definitely more to come on this subject as it is so strange to drop his value so dramatically.

Although surely nobody forced Everton to accept the £15M bid by Chelsea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2