outside c/mai city limits, depressed or ?

evenstevens

knew that u would be first , please read my opening post again, and get a good grip of yourself,(if poss)

your above post and answers are not in any way, shape or form related to my questions

you are full of windsmile.png

Indeed.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A property is only worth what you get for it when you sell it, agents will always put an inflated price on it so they can/might get your business.

Nothing to stop the government sticking an annual tax on a foreign owned property like they did in France, I don't see buying a property in Thailand as an investment, might have been a few years ago.

A property is only worth what you get for it when you sell it, agents will always put an inflated price on it so they can/might get your business.

Nothing to stop the government sticking an annual tax on a foreign owned property like they did in France, I don't see buying a property in Thailand as an investment, might have been a few years ago.

Really, so they over-value the property to get your business. But they only get paid if the property sells. It won't sell if it's over-valued.

i was a devolper of houses and units for many years in oz

went through the rise and falls

years ago i saw the start of hillside building

for the flood of falangs expected

ok for a few years

now area and malls like a ghost area

next cm slum

Really, so they over-value the property to get your business. But they only get paid if the property sells. It won't sell if it's over-valued.

They tell you sale price you like to hear, then after a few months on the Market they advise you to reduce the price, maybe we were being a bit optimistic is their usual comment,believe me I have been there.

Best to do your own home work and look at the for sale prices then the actual sold prices of nearby property.

Not sure if that info is available on websites the same as in the UK on Zoopla or Right Move

i was a devolper of houses and units for many years in oz

went through the rise and falls

years ago i saw the start of hillside building

for the flood of falangs expected

ok for a few years

now area and malls like a ghost area

next cm slum

Where precisely is that?

and then the other extreme is that they will try to convince you it is worth far less, and they have a buyer waiting int he car...so they can make listing and selling commission. I had a realtor tell me my condo was only worth 1.4...sold it in 7 days for 1.9.....

you have two long term trends in Chiangi Mai huge in flow of Chinese Expats , pros clean air, clean food , inexpensive, direct flight to China and now able to drive down China is closer than Bangkok. second long term trend huge in flow of Bangkok thai's hoping for high speed rail. Mae rim current problem is traffic massive traffic in morning rush hour and after work rush hour make it a very undesirable place to live. as the inflows of people increase they will like living there rather than farther out price pop. you could easily see Chinagi mai current population grow by a 100% in the next 5 years on the low end estimate.

My old house.. Overseas owner who wouldnt spend required sums to maintain it.. Came to a point of sort it out or I have to leave..

When I moved in 3 years before he wanted 12.5 mil.. During my stay that came to 10.. Then 9.. I didnt really discuss.. When it was problems and leaving time I offered 4, to his 8 and finally offered 5, to his 7.. After moving his mates asked me if I wanted to make a 6.5 offer when I declined I got the feeling 6 would have been entertained. 50% reduction in 4 years.

Too late.. Have another great country house, was only offering as moving is a hassle and would have bought it to save me that headache. Even at 50% down it still wasnt striking me as a steal of a deal. People have some crazy ideas on values.

Since I left the rai of properly designed garden has gone to hell, the pool is now a frog pond, and an empty house in a tropical area ?? One with wooden windows and things.. Will be rotten and falling apart. Owning property while being absent the country ?? Mugs game.

Agree, normally the only traffic hold ups when going into town from Mae Rim occur approaching the Super Highway. Chang Puak Rd can get busy but mainly during school days when they are about to open of close for the day.

I think the only time I dislike the traffic (In the Mae Rim area) is when there is a major holiday break occurs. Quite often the local BiB will close off access from side roads so they have to travel some distance to a U Turn in order to get into town.

I suppose this helps all the visiting folk from Bangkok getting to the destination in Pai or MHS, but its a real embuggerance for the local people.

I live in Maerim, I drive to south Chiang Mai every school day. Tell me where is this 'traffic sucks' problem because it certainly is not around here? I hit traffic problems when I reach town. Perhaps your experience was during road works time but I guess reading your posts facts are not your big thing.

Traffic into town from Mae Rim is bad just about everyday. You can pick your misery, the 107 and the Superhighway or take the canal road and suffer on Huay Khao. Traffic through Mae Rim itself sucks all weekend long. People should avoid Mae Rim as it shall be a traffic bottleneck far into the future as there is little possibility of a ring road such that delights those of us who can now bypass Sanpatong.

As for land prices, people in Mae Rim, both Thai and ex-pats, have long placed ridiculous prices on land and have been patient to wait years to sell. They seem to be in no hurry to sell as traffic makes it difficult to get anywhere anyways so why rush anything. You are all kindly advised to consider Hang Dong or San Sai or Mae Jo or Doi Saket.

Strange I've lived in Mae Rim for 4 years and don't encounter all this bad traffic that you speak of.

On the other hand on the times I've driven to to Baan Tawai, via Hang Dong Rd it's been gridlock.

Even trying to get back via Canal Rd was a nightmare.

Each to there own...I'll take Mae Rim any day thanks.

i live mae rim for years and notice more traffic now as every where

but is now better since under pass

but i now wont go near or around cm

before everyone had a moterbike the roads could handle

now with easy finance to everyone they have a car or stupid 4 by 4

and all los never built roads to handle the mad mob

Traffic into town from Mae Rim is bad just about everyday. You can pick your misery, the 107 and the Superhighway or take the canal road and suffer on Huay Khao. Traffic through Mae Rim itself sucks all weekend long. People should avoid Mae Rim as it shall be a traffic bottleneck far into the future as there is little possibility of a ring road such that delights those of us who can now bypass Sanpatong.

As for land prices, people in Mae Rim, both Thai and ex-pats, have long placed ridiculous prices on land and have been patient to wait years to sell. They seem to be in no hurry to sell as traffic makes it difficult to get anywhere anyways so why rush anything. You are all kindly advised to consider Hang Dong or San Sai or Mae Jo or Doi Saket.

sour grapes

Edited by evenstevens

They tell you sale price you like to hear, then after a few months on the Market they advise you to reduce the price, maybe we were being a bit optimistic is their usual comment,believe me I have been there.

Best to do your own home work and look at the for sale prices then the actual sold prices of nearby property.

Not sure if that info is available on websites the same as in the UK on Zoopla or Right Move

I personally know one property agent. He hates going to look at peoples houses who have in mind an over inflated price for their house. Complete waste of his time as he knows they won't sell.

sour grapes

So are you saying Johpa,was not telling the truth.?

regards Worgeordie

sour grapes

So are you saying Johpa,was not telling the truth.?

regards Worgeordie

no not all

thats his opinion ,and is entitled to it

just comes across, as sour grapes to E/S ,

but ,thats my opinion , and i,am as entitled to it, as much as he is,

differences of opinion make the world go around, it sure would be a boring without them, would,nt it ??

have a nice late arvosmile.png

Please consider that Johpa is just doing his part to reduce the increase of traffic around Mae Rim.

Currently yours truly, and this 30 year part-time resident of Mae Rim, is (1) trying hard to both convince new ex-pat people to stay away and also to (2) maintain some calm in response to faulty perceptions.

Do I really need to start using those sophomoric "emoticoms" to denote irony?!?

sad to see two very unhappy, grumpy maerimites,crying over spilt milk( so to speak)

but E/S assures readers , that beautiful happy maerimites are in abundance , here in maerim , leading a comfortable life, working or enjoying retirement

a nice morning to all, and have a nice daysmile.png

Its a very Asian thing ,in my experience, that Asian owners tend to put the price up if they can't achieve a sale.

Most foreigners tend to,eventualyy, meet the market. The CM market is flooded with new houses in moobans,apartments and shop houses well

there's flood of those sitting idle. We live in a very modest 2 bedroom home ,in my wifes name of course, and should I fall off the perch it will be realisitically priced, with minimal capital gain, after we factor in the money we have spent on improvements.

There are houses in our Mooban that have had rental/sale signs on the front gate for years.

Also the banks seem happy to sit on properties, that are in default for years, which might indicate that they expect prices to increase. Its quite a confusing market that defies logic ,to me anyway.

Edited by Sparkles

sounds like the hillside condo grumps have come online

We are grumpy because we live in Mae Rim where the traffic sucks. Move to Mae Rim if you want to become grumpy too. My condo is already teeming with alleged English speakers like Even Steven whose speech I don't even understand half the time. He is always professing, I think, to be happy and that makes me even grumpier.

Hang Dong is the place to be.

Muu baan livin' is the life for thee.

Land spreadin' out so far and wide

Avoid Mae Rim, just take ye that Hang Dong side.