Thai airlines excluded from EASA blacklist

webfact

Thai airlines excluded from EASA blacklist

app.jpg
Featured image source: Internet

BANGKOK, 27 June 2016 (NNT) - The Ministry of Transport has announced that all Thai airlines have passed international safety tests and have been able to avoid inclusion on the list of airlines with sub-standard safety measures.

Transport Minister, Arkhom Termpittayapaisith said today the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), an agency of the European Union (EU) with regulatory and executive tasks in the field of civilian aviation safety, has decided to exclude Thailand from the list of airlines whose safety practices had been found not to comply with the standards set by the agency.

He said the announcement was made last week. According to the EASA inspection, a total of 214 airlines from 19 countries failed the test whereas Thailand was able to avoid the blacklist, thanks to its close collaboration with EASA and determination to comply with its safety standards.

Despite the positive outcome, the Minister said Thailand would continue to improve its aviation safety measures.

EASA is responsible for carrying out standardization inspections every six months in order to make sure that aviation safety measures and practices of member states are up to standard.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-27 footer_n.gif

Would like to read the actual letter or announcement from EASA before I believe the MoA interpretation. Nothing has changed with air safety in Thailand for EASA to have cause to change their ratings.

Again, how many times now have they passed only to find out they actually haven't? Passed human trafficking investigation, oh how on not quite EU satisfied with the fishing industry,oh hang on they are threatening sanctions.

Edited by Thechook

I believe the Transport Minister received some sort of communication from EASA. I also believe that the Transport Minister is convinced that Thai airlines have passed the safety standards.

I know that misunderstandings and wishful thinking are a fundamental principle in making policy here. I also know that officials have an uncontrollable urge to make any kind of statement that makes them look good.

Would like to read the actual letter or announcement from EASA before I believe the MoA interpretation. Nothing has changed with air safety in Thailand for EASA to have cause to change their ratings.

Thai Air is still "Black Listed" from expanding any other flights to The US other then the ONE to LAX in California.

Thai Air is still "Black Listed" from expanding any other flights to The US other then the ONE to LAX in California.

TG cancelled their LAX route last year and currently has no services to the US.

THAI Airways is not blacklisted in the the US or anywhere else.

They have announced that they are considering resuming flights to the US later this year but it is unlikely to be LAX. The rumours are that SFO is a strong contender.