Thai Police chief supports idea of conscripting brawling students into military service

webfact

Police chief supports idea of conscripting brawling students into military service

0407004-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The national police chief has voiced his support for the idea that street brawling students should be conscripted into the military service and sent to the restive Deep South.

Pol Gen Chakthip Chaichinda said Monday that he found the idea interesting.

“If they want to fight, send them to the three southernmost provinces and give each of them a gun and a knapsack so that they learn some real experience which will hopefully turn them into good citizens,”said the police chief, adding that serving the country as a soldier is not a bad idea and it is much better than wielding knives or axes to fight one another on the streets causing panic among the people.

He pointed out that there are about 2,000 flash points in the city where rival students are likely to clash one another and, hence, a timeframe should not be set on how long it will take to solve the problem of street brawling.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-chief-supports-idea-conscripting-brawling-students-military-service/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-05

related topic:

PM disagrees with forced conscription of brawling students

485_PM-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has voiced his objection to a suggestion that brawling students be blacklisted and forcibly drafted into military service.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/929596-pm-prayut-disagrees-with-forced-conscription-of-brawling-students/

so the brawling students learn weapons handling skills, some infantry minor tactics, command structure and some discipline.

they will be better prepared for their college battles when their service is over.

much better to have them doing restorerative justice, cleaning the klongs, roadsides etc.

Back in the UK, 50's and 60's, judges used to give miscreants a choice, Borstal or Army. Many chose the latter and proved to be some of the best soldiers. I was a tyke myself at 16, joined up voluntarily and left 20 years later as a Warrant Officer having seen and done quite a lot. It may not work for all but it does for some.

I am sure that the Pol Gens idea to send them to the restive deep south will go a long way in helping the resolution of the conflicts in that area and will foster a feeling of inclusion for the people there. NOT.

And the good citizens of Thailand have every right to expect that their national police chief is more worldly and capable of more insightful comment and strategies than this hair brained idea.

Forced conscription and sent to an active war zones probably breaks every law and convention in the world in regard to human rights.

I am sure that the Pol Gens idea to send them to the restive deep south will go a long way in helping the resolution of the conflicts in that area and will foster a feeling of inclusion for the people there. NOT.

And the good citizens of Thailand have every right to expect that their national police chief is more worldly and capable of more insightful comment and strategies than this hair brained idea.

Forced conscription and sent to an active war zones probably breaks every law and convention in the world in regard to human rights.

TIT

Thailand is truly blessed with intelligent leaders making such brilliant remarks. This idea of sending brawling students to the south will rank alongside famous remarks like "executing journalists" or "shut down the country" and of course the disgusting sexist remark.

Thailand is truly blessed with intelligent leaders making such brilliant remarks. This idea of sending brawling students to the south will rank alongside famous remarks like "executing journalists" or "shut down the country" and of course the disgusting sexist remark.

Think you may find it was the Police Chief and not Uncle too who made the suggestion to send them to the south. Uncle Too is opposed to the idea.

I cannot believe I am actually defending him, but there you go.

He did of course make the other stupid remarks you comment on. That's better, normal service resumed.

EDIT. Note you used the plural "leaders" on re-reading your post. But I feel my points are still valid.

Edited by BigBadGeordie

Think you may find it was the Police Chief and not Uncle too who made the suggestion to send them to the south. Uncle Too is opposed to the idea.

I cannot believe I am actually defending him, but there you go.

He did of course make the other stupid remarks you comment on. That's better, normal service resumed.

EDIT. Note you used the plural "leaders" on re-reading your post. But I feel my points are still valid.

I was actually referring to dopey, grumpy and dumpy respectively making those remarks.

More than likely these punks have never been exposed to any sort of discipline in their lives. Most parents just refuse to impose limits on the kids, these days. So, some time in the military would probably give these troublemakers some limits, and create some boundaries for them. Look, if the parents refuse to do their jobs, let the drill sergeant slap these boys up the side of the head. It will probably make an impression.

wow - this is pretty full on to me.

Youths with weapons commit reasonably violent crime which could have so easily escalated into crazy behaviour with lives lost..... and their punishment is to go into the Army, so they can have more weapons and combat training??? Where is the punishment? The Army is a job and probably provides relatively well depending on a person's circumstances.

The whole thing seems to be a bit of a reward, just not one they may have previously chosen or thought about.

Why are they not sent to a juvenile remand centre or something?

"There are about 2,000 flash points in the city where rival students are likely to clash." Surely that would make Bangkok one of the most dangerous cities in the world. That figure beggars belief though. More nonsense being spouted by those in uniform. How about naming the areas so we could avoid them. Except we'd never be able to go anywhere with that number of danger spots.