Obama: Trump ‘woefully unfit’ to be President

webfact

Seems to me that some posters are so desperate to slag off Trump that they bring up any old garbage as long as it denigrates Trump, no matter how slight the association. The phrase "Trump owns their their head" comes to mind.

How about confining the discussion to the actual people involved.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎25‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 3:52 PM, JetsetBkk said:

The really scary thing about Watter's World (and not that it's in the arrogant O'Reilly's show) is that it shows that these "normal" people have exactly the same right to vote as people who actually know something about politics.

So what's the point in knowing what the candidates stand for and discussing them on a Thailand forum when it's all about "because she's a woman" or - last time - "because he's black".

I can think of a lot of adjectives to describe Watter's World, but scary is not one of them. Have you actually watched a show?

BTW, it's called democracy.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

16 minutes ago, Neurath said:

So this is why Donald has gone so very close to saying that he'd like plug his own daughter. It 'worked' for the Romanovs - "Romanovs: 1613-1918", Simon Sebag Montefiore, 2016.

Digging up old crap I see. It gets boring reading the same old rubbish over and over.

Show me a normal man that wouldn't want to "plug" her and I'll show you a liar.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Digging up old crap I see. Show me a normal man that wouldn't want to "plug" her and I'll show you a liar. You think that because he happens to be her father he doesn't recognise that she is one hot gal- 5555555555555555555555555

How very Appalachian of you.

I suppose 'normal men' doesn't include those not inclined to plug women but rather, say, men?  'Ah yes, you have a Trumpian conception of 'normal' men of course. How quaint. 

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems to me that some posters are so desperate to slag off Trump that they bring up any old garbage as long as it denigrates Trump, no matter how slight the association. The phrase "Trump owns their their head" comes to mind.

How about confining the discussion to the actual people involved.

To please you...  actual  of the same vein 

" Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with consistently about foreign policy, Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-foreign-policy-adviser-220853#ixzz4LpoqrJOw

Edited by Opl

NEWS

WikiLeaks’ Assange Drops Bombshell About Trump’s Tax Returns, Donald Started Yelling Obscenities.

Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, just announced that he is going to release Donald Trump’s tax returns. Trump has steadfastly refused to release them, as is custom for Presidential candidates, leading for much public questioning of what exactly Trump is hiding in them. Trump has, according to inside sources, become furious at the prospect of this happening and even launched into an expletive-laden, off the record verbal explosion against his own staff members.

http://democraticreview.com/index.php/2016/08/07/wikileaks-assange-drops-bombshell-about-trumps-tax-returns-donald-started-yelling-obscenities/

Is Trump mentally fit to be President?

"Donald Trump lives in a reality of his own making. If it were not for his wealth, then he would not be taken any more seriously than some of the poor souls living on the street, and cursing and rambling at strangers about the government."

"He has been one of the major GOP conspiracy mongers this century. He's built a political movement based on wild tales, conspiracies, half-truths and outright lies. President Obama has been one of his favorite targets."

"He surrounds himself with conspiracy mongers. Just look at the Breitbart gang for proof of that statement. His base is kooks, and they've taken over a major political party."

http://www.chicagonow.com/politics-now/2016/09/is-trump-mentally-fit-to-be-president/

:laugh:

Well put.

There are five living U.S. presidents. None of them support Donald Trump.

"There are only five people alive today who have ever sat behind the Resolute desk. And not a single one of them believes Donald Trump has what it takes to be our next Commander-in-Chief."

"In fact, only Democratic presidents—past and current—have publicly commented on the race. And they all support Hillary Clinton."

"As for our two living former Republican presidents? Neither showed up to Trump’s convention. Neither have been seen on the campaign trail. And neither is planning on making a presidential endorsement this election cycle."

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/there-are-five-living-u-s-presidents-none-of-them-support-donald-trump/

They're avoiding the Bloviator like the plague... :thumbsup:

Edited by iReason

17 hours ago, Neurath said:

How very Appalachian of you.

I suppose 'normal men' doesn't include those not inclined to plug women but rather, say, men?  'Ah yes, you have a Trumpian conception of 'normal' men of course. How quaint. 

Off topic, but responding to the quoted reply.

Given that only 10 % of people are homosexual, "normal" must apply to heterosexuals.

I do not disparage people for their sexual choices. That would be hypocritical.

7 hours ago, iReason said:

There are five living U.S. presidents. None of them support Donald Trump.

"There are only five people alive today who have ever sat behind the Resolute desk. And not a single one of them believes Donald Trump has what it takes to be our next Commander-in-Chief."

"In fact, only Democratic presidents—past and current—have publicly commented on the race. And they all support Hillary Clinton."

"As for our two living former Republican presidents? Neither showed up to Trump’s convention. Neither have been seen on the campaign trail. And neither is planning on making a presidential endorsement this election cycle."

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/there-are-five-living-u-s-presidents-none-of-them-support-donald-trump/

They're avoiding the Bloviator like the plague... :thumbsup:

Both Bush ex presidents have commented negatively about Trump, unsurprisingly, as he stands against everything they are for, and would anyone expect a Dem to support Trump?

This topic came up only recently. No need to keep repeating the same posts.

Is it really necessary to keep insulting Trump, and by association his supporters? Such language does not move the debate forward, and only makes Trump supporters more fixed in their view point. Trump has been insulted for over a year, and he has only gained more support.

8 hours ago, iReason said:

Is Trump mentally fit to be President?

"Donald Trump lives in a reality of his own making. If it were not for his wealth, then he would not be taken any more seriously than some of the poor souls living on the street, and cursing and rambling at strangers about the government."

"He has been one of the major GOP conspiracy mongers this century. He's built a political movement based on wild tales, conspiracies, half-truths and outright lies. President Obama has been one of his favorite targets."

"He surrounds himself with conspiracy mongers. Just look at the Breitbart gang for proof of that statement. His base is kooks, and they've taken over a major political party."

http://www.chicagonow.com/politics-now/2016/09/is-trump-mentally-fit-to-be-president/

:laugh:

Well put.

Actually, Trump has built a political movement based on dislike of the government ( of both parties ), and has given nearly half of the population hope that government by the elites and lobbyists will be destroyed.

You are denigrating millions of Americans with your 'kooks" insult. That is flaming.

Some posts have been removed:

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Maybe this has been posted elsewhere already, but the NY Times came out today with a barn burner that I guess means Assange released Trump's tax returns: Trump's losses were so large in 1995 that he likely did not pay tax for 18 MORE YEARS! So, that means that until this year's filing he possibly has not paid any income tax whatsoever. During that same period of time, he has boasted to all of us that he has run up his vast fortune to a beyond avast figure of $10 billion.

I suppose this wont' deter Trump supporters, but to most hard-working Americans it looks like he rode their backs to the top on tax loopholes and avoidance. They have been struggling to pay their yearly taxes, back-breakingly so for many, if not most, and Trump walzes home 20 years later a 10 billionaire having not paid his fair share.

Sweet. He may not be unfit to be President, but I think most people would agree he is Unfair to be President.

Report: Trump losses may mean he didn't pay taxes for years

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-trump-losses-may-mean-didnt-pay-taxes-034038880--election.html

Edited by keemapoot
add pithy comment

Well, if he did that, it was legal, and it points to breaks for the wealthy. So the issue is really trump's proposed tax policy. Even more breaks for the wealthy, including specifically his own family. I don't think the tax news itself is especially damaging but it can be used for spin to reveal that trump isn't really a friend of the masses. 

Edited by Jingthing

Just now, Jingthing said:

Well, if he did that, it was legal, and it points to breaks for the wealthy. So the issue is really trump's proposed tax policy. Even more breaks for the wealthy, including specifically his own family. I don't think the tax news itself is especially damaging but it can be used for spin to reveal that trump isn't really a friend of the masses. 

Sure of course it's legal. Tax avoidance is always legal, and I'm sure he will defend this by saying he is smarter than everyone else and gaming the system, legally. It's really an issue of fairness for someone like this, and I think all these working class voters enamored with billionaire Trump the working class hero might be feeling a little less so today after this news.:ermm:

It was a legal tax break done under Bill Clinton's watch. Looks worse for HRC than Donald. Trump would have been a fool not to take advantage of it.

Bottom line, it only proves where the priorities of the empowered lay.

Edited by Rob13

8 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

It was a legal tax break done under Bill Clinton's watch. Looks worse for HRC than Donald. Trump would have been a fool not to take advantage of it.

Here's where you're wrong -- trump's plan is to make things even rosier for the super wealthy.  Trumped up -- Trickle Down. 

To add, stupid of me not to mention it before, the HUGE LOSS  back then goes radically AGAINST the trump narrative of what a great businessman he is.  So this must be very embarrassing to the EGO of trump. 

As Bloomberg said ... if he runs the country like he runs his business -- GOD HELP US! 

Edited by Jingthing

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Here's where you're wrong -- trump's plan is to make things even rosier for the super wealthy.  Trumped up -- Trickle Down. 

To add, stupid of me not to mention it before, the HUGE LOSS  back then goes radically AGAINST the trump narrative of what a great businessman he is.  So this must be very embarrassing to the EGO of trump. 

As Bloomberg said ... if he runs the country like he runs his business -- GOD HELP US! 

There's a lot you can do with a multi million dollar head start given by daddy, which you then run up to bankruptcy, then you inherit his $250 million and try it again and maybe get it right. 

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

And Hillary will leave the loop hole in place as well the inheritance tax breaks and every other IRS benefit targeted toward the 1%. At this point, pretty much any accusation said about either candidate can be applied to both.

23 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

Actually,  the net operating loss carryfoward has been on the books a long time. The 1997 tax law changed the carryfoward to 20 years from 15 and the carry back from 3 to 2 years.

Trump is doing nothing illegal in avoiding taxes, no one is saying otherwise. But the fact remains for that year (1995)  he claimed some $7 million in interest income and paid no tax on it. This is a prime example of the reasons for the growing income disparity that is at root of the problems in the US. A disparity that Trump exploits in his campaign. 

TH

21 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

And Hillary will leave the loop hole in place as well the inheritance tax breaks and every other IRS benefit targeted toward the 1%. At this point, pretty much any accusation said about either candidate can be applied to both.

Have you read Clinton's policy statements on closing tax avoidance loopholes?

Because it pretty well looks like you haven't.

13 minutes ago, thaihome said:

Actually,  the net operating loss carryfoward has been on the books a long time. The 1997 tax law changed the carryfoward to 20 years from 15 and the carry back from 3 to 2 years.

Trump is doing nothing illegal in avoiding taxes, no one is saying otherwise. But the fact remains for that year (1995)  he claimed some $7 million in interest income and paid no tax on it. This is a prime example of the reasons for the growing income disparity that is at root of the problems in the US. A disparity that Trump exploits in his campaign. 

TH

I believe the phrase is "Do as I say, not as I do".

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Both Bush ex presidents have commented negatively about Trump, unsurprisingly, as he stands against everything they are for, and would anyone expect a Dem to support Trump?

This topic came up only recently. No need to keep repeating the same posts.

Is it really necessary to keep insulting Trump, and by association his supporters? Such language does not move the debate forward, and only makes Trump supporters more fixed in their view point. Trump has been insulted for over a year, and he has only gained more support.

Trump has been insulted for over a year

:cheesy: Trump has been insulting people all his life.

You have to laugh....

:cheesy:

The hedge fund guys (gals) have to pay higher taxes ASAP. They are paying practically nothing. We must reduce taxes for the middle class!

Facebook billionaire gives up his U.S. citizenship in order to save taxes. I guess 3.8 billion isn't enough for (cont)http://tl.gd/hdnk92

The @washingtonpost loses money (a deduction) and gives owner @JeffBezos power to screw public on low taxation of@Amazon! Big tax shelter

Yesterday was @BarackObama's favorite day of the year--he collects our taxes to redistribute.

@BarackObama who wants to raise all our taxes, only pays 20.5% on $790k salary. http://1.usa.gov/HFZJKH  Do as I say not as I do.

In this time of economic turmoil where millions of Americans are unemployed, our tax dollars are paying @BillMoyers' big @PBSsalary!