Why has the forum gone to pot?

007cableguy

For the last month or so having major problems accessing the site since the overhaul!, Got the Android app working again but now stopped won't load! 

The only way on is via Chrome browser but that is limited to what you can do!. 

Keep trying every other day or so to see if it's improved  but now starting to loose interest! 

Lots of problems with the new forum. That's to be expected with such an drastic change but I think the biggest problem, to me anyway is that it's not "friendly" anymore. It does not feel nice.

Not very scientific I know but I used to look forward to and enjoy my daily dose of ThaiVisa.  Now since the new set up I can't be that much bothered and if I miss a day or even a couple it does't seem to matter at all. 

Sad really as it used to be fun :(

2 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

Don't you like it that every page you have to scroll down 2 pages of FB, Youtube and Twitter logo before the first line of text appears?

Surely that is a problem if cannot meant to be that way 

IF IT IS its frankly beyond belief

12 hours ago, Anthony5 said:

Don't you like it that every page you have to scroll down 2 pages of FB, Youtube and Twitter logo before the first line of text appears?

By the way, took 3 minutes to upload 140kb of pictures :lol:

FB.PNGTwitter.PNGYoutube.PNG

Had that happen last night for the first time - total fubar.  And scroll down did not get to readable forum.  By magic it cleared a few minutes later.  Tried Android this morning and participated must have been every topic I had ever scrolled over - totally useless (and that was the bright spot for me of using Android).  Also seem to have only about 10% of previous users posting and most seem to be as negative as me.  Really disheartening.

Glad you can even get the Android app to work.  90% of the time now it tries for a few seconds to connect to the TV server then closes...or it opens to where it list the fourm areas but when clicking the forum areas to see more topics/posts it just say "loading" but never loads any topics/posts.   But hey, working 10% of the time is better than nothing, right?

I have returned to the life before the Thaivisa app existed and am using the mobile web version instead on my Android phone. Works reasonably well, as far as I can see.

mobile web.png

Edited by Maestro
added screenshot

The new forum is dramatic.

Very difficult to find out new topics. (new topics and pinned ones looks the same.)

Lot of advertisements between the topics which make everything blur.

Mobile site is even worse.

Still difficult to find out if there are new replies in topics i participated.

Looks to me that many posters don't use the site anymore and have gone or use it much less. (i use it much less now due to all the problems)

PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD SITE

Edited by merijn

Just use Tapatalk and review Timeline, Subscribed and Participated

As pointed out previously, this does not work properly either.

Unless you're happy with zero indexing and being subscribed and/or participating in each and every thread.

Tapatalk works perfectly on every other website with the TT software enabled.

If TV have paid for this upgrade, they should ask for their money back. There are very few excuses for releasing upgrades riddled with flaws like this.

As pointed out previously, this does not work properly either.

Unless you're happy with zero indexing and being subscribed and/or participating in each and every thread.

Tapatalk works perfectly on every other website with the TT software enabled.

If TV have paid for this upgrade, they should ask for their money back. There are very few excuses for releasing upgrades riddled with flaws like this.

Some days it works ok other days it doesn't,all subscribed threads are as expected. I find sometimes notifications randomly stop sometimes.

Same as before , you can not use participated on Tapatalk because it show new threads instead.

So there's no point really unless you have plenty of time reading all the pages there is. 

5 hours ago, balo said:

Same as before , you can not use participated on Tapatalk because it show new threads instead.

So there's no point really unless you have plenty of time reading all the pages there is. 

5 hours ago, balo said:

What's Tapatalk?