American man found dead at rented room in Phuket

webfact

American man found dead at rented room in Phuket

Darawan Naknakhon

1473855142_1-org.jpg

Police and rescue workers are seen at Baan Fasi on Pisitkoranee Rd in Patong. Photo: Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: -- An American man was found dead at a rented room in Patong last night (Sept 13) after housekeeping staff noticed a foul smell coming from the room while sweeping the floor outside.

Patong Police were notified at 8:20pm that a foreign man had been found dead at a rented room at Baan Fasi on Pisitkoranee Rd. The man was said to be in a sitting position on the floor with his face resting on the foot of the bed.

However, it was said that entrance to the room could not be gained as both the front and back doors had been locked from the inside.

Patong Police led by Maj Patapee Srichai arrived at the three story building and were led to a room on the third floor. Officers forced open the window and went into the room where they discovered the body of 63-year-old Horace Nelson Higdon Jr from the United States.

Maj Patapee said police found no signs of assault on the body or robbery in the room.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/american-man-found-dead-at-rented-room-in-phuket-59094.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-09-15

8 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

We seem to have more people on this forum with an interest in onomastics than I've ever seen elsewhere.

they are just racist people who happen to live in a foreign country. Racist should just stay in their home countries.

4 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Horace?

Not a common name even when he was born. 

Maybe named after one of his forefathers? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horace_Nelson

Also Horacio Nelsen was known as Horace Nelson, but that would point to British origins.

Edited by stevenl

1 hour ago, Raymonddiaz said:

they are just racist people who happen to live in a foreign country. Racist should just stay in their home countries.

One would suggest that there is not a person on tbe face of this planet that does not have racism to one degree or another in their body.

16 minutes ago, Missing Troll said:

It's only in this Forum a tragic event like this can end up with questioning name and then into racism.

Racism & name calling 

If we were all nicey nicey and agreed on everything wouldn't TV be ever so boring ? We need to keep riling the moaning faced old Bastards in here to keep the forums alive.   :coffee1:

4 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

How on earth do you leap to racist accusations when somebody says 'Horace' isn't such a common name these days? This is the most bizarre comment I've come across. Somebody calling the racist card, not because there is a 'race' involved, but the name 'Horace'. Well done, that has to be a first.

4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

We seem to have more people on this forum with an interest in onomastics than I've ever seen elsewhere.

Quite so.

Personally, it has always been of real interest to me in tracking early names, particularly Civil War Era through the 1950's.

Horace was most likely from the Deep South. 

Body was found sitting on the floor and face leaning against bed...was Horace a Yoga Practitioner?

21 minutes ago, Alwyn said:

How on earth do you leap to racist accusations when somebody says 'Horace' isn't such a common name these days? This is the most bizarre comment I've come across. Somebody calling the racist card, not because there is a 'race' involved, but the name 'Horace'. Well done, that has to be a first.

Maybe out of Ignorance buddy.Hoarce is a well documented ancient Egyptian Gods name.?

2 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

Racism & name calling 

If we were all nicey nicey and agreed on everything wouldn't TV be ever so boring ? We need to keep riling the moaning faced old Bastards in here to keep the forums alive.   :coffee1:

i dont know what you are reading, but where i sit, TV is ever so boring already.

9 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Horace?

Not a common name even when he was born. 

Horace Greeley - ("Go West Young Man").

I have several friends and relatives, roughly the same age as the deceased, with names that some would consider uncommon or old fashioned. So I guess when their time's up, the primary focus will be on their name.

3 hours ago, DrDave said:

Horace Greeley - ("Go West Young Man").

I have several friends and relatives, roughly the same age as the deceased, with names that some would consider uncommon or old fashioned. So I guess when their time's up, the primary focus will be on their name.

If they pass away in a hotel in Thailand and the story makes TVF then thats a reasonable guess.

This Horace is from Macon, Georgia. He has some surviving siblings. My heart goes out to them.

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

Maybe named after one of his forefathers? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horace_Nelson

Also Horacio Nelsen was known as Horace Nelson, but that would point to British origins.

First I hope the chap  who is the subject of this thread is at peace

This is one for the older UK members

Horace Bachelor who used to advertise on Radio Luxembourg selling his British football pools system

Now you must remember him

As for  Admiral Horatio Nelson being know as Horace well if thats so it certainly passed me by

But then I spent many happy hours too many some people would say in various establishments known as the Lord Nelson

That was when I was not in the Albert, Kings Head , Queens Head, Bricklayers Arms etc etc

More than one in my home town but then that was a fishing port so no great surprise there

Maybe his immediate family called him Horace perhaps Emma used it as a pet name will shall never know now

As an aside the Lord Nelson Pub in Burnham Thorp the old lads birth place has just been repossessed by the brewery

Anyway whatever I am off for a beer now

Another one bites the dust.  He probably just fell asleep and never woke up.  That seems to happen to a lot of foreigners here.  The other week a man climbed up the second floor and entered a 16 year old girl's room in my townhouse complex.  He used her toilet, and then was going to rape her.  Lucky she screamed and hit him scaring him away.  The police didn't take fingerprints or anything, they just wrote some stuff down and said thanks.