Airport Singapore to City Connections.

trainman34014

The Metro runs direct form the airport, access to most of Singapore. Cheapest, but not wonderful if you have lots of baggage.

Does your hotel have an airport shuttle?

Taxis, whilst nowhere near as cheap as Bangkok, are effective and all the drivers speak English.

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

The Metro runs direct form the airport, access to most of Singapore. Cheapest, but not wonderful if you have lots of baggage.

Does your hotel have an airport shuttle?

Thanks Crossy; don't have Hotel booked as yet as we are still at the planning trip stage.   Any recommendations for reasonably priced Hotels ? 

Geylang has many inexpensive budget-hotels (inexpensive as per SG understanding, that is), but it is the red-light-area and you better wouldn't tell anyone you overnight there. There are more than 30 hotels of chains such as FRAGRANCE HOTELS or HOTEL81 lined up next to each other in lanes Gelyang 6 up to Geylang 20.

An MRT station is about 10-12 minutes walk away.

The hotels are usually clean and cost anything between 40 and 80 SGD, weekend days more expensive as the red-light trade is more active then.

Nothing wrong with the hotels though, I stayed there on 2 occasions when I was on transit between intercon-flights out of Changi, and the nearby MRT goes to the airport directly. I always asked to be accomodated at a "non-horizontal-trade" floor (usually the higher floors). food is cheap in the area and it is not unsafe per se - it is still Singapore, after all. Very "international" atmosphere, though, but I did not find it intimidating in any way