Half Full Monty Python! Dog lovers look away now....

webfact

Half Full Monty Python! Dog lovers look away now....

a3.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- If you are a dog lover look away now because our picture this morning is rather graphic.

It shows a five meter python in the process of swallowing a large dog whole, reports Sanook.

In fact the snake had eaten it head first and got half the body of the dog in its mouth.

Snake catchers - and reporters - were called to a house in the Lam Luk Ka area of Pathum Thani yesterday morning by the house owner Suphat Phungsiri, 45.

The expert catchers moved in to catch the snake who was in a space at the side of the house by the fence. Startled, the snake regurgitated the dog, a ten year old female, that was already dead.

The snake tried to flee the scene but was caught.

Miss Kalomphan Khiawwan, 21, was the owner of the dog. She said that she was sleeping upstairs and heard her dog barking continuously in the night during a rain storm but did not come down to investigate.

In the morning she saw lots of flower pots scattered about the place and went to check behind the house and saw her dog in the mouth of the python.

The python was later returned to nature.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-06

Let's the snakes out and clean up BKK, absolutely ridiculous for a city this size to have stray dogs. Saw an idiot farang trying to impress his gal feeding one the other day, same dog nipped a kid a few weeks back, wished the dog took a nip at him.

25 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

lots of soi dogs out there i would like to introduce to that snake. i cant even take my son out for a decent bike ride because of them trying to biting him. 

Beat me to it. Please where can i get 20 of these?

I also would bicycle everyday. Moved to a new place and can not and and a boo from me ends up with the locals acting like dogs. Backwards society....

3 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Look at the size of the monster! Could have been much worse if it had swallowed a small child. Hope it was released away far away from people.

1475713605648.jpg

I get your point, but this was in the daytime, and had a small child encountered this reptile, it's frantic  screams would have attracted attention. A dog frantically barking is ignored.

I am guessing this was a Burmese python.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese_python

Sadly, in this case, the dog's owner was in bed, heard the dog frantically barking and decided to roll over and nap a bit longer.

I have a G S dog and I can tell by the sound of his bark whether he is playing or is warning someone etc. 

38 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

I get your point, but this was in the daytime, and had a small child encountered this reptile, it's frantic  screams would have attracted attention. A dog frantically barking is ignored.

I am guessing this was a Burmese python.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese_python

Sadly, in this case, the dog's owner was in bed, heard the dog frantically barking and decided to roll over and nap a bit longer.

I have a G S dog and I can tell by the sound of his bark whether he is playing or is warning someone etc. 

I think it looks more like a Burmese Python but in the pic wrapped around the dog it looks more like a Reticulated Python. Anyway if the dog owner had wondered what was making her dog bark there would be no story . The neighbours can sleep tonight.

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

lots of soi dogs out there i would like to introduce to that snake. i cant even take my son out for a decent bike ride because of them trying to biting him. 

But but soi dogs are good- just ask the dog lovers here.

Edited by Artisi

Miss Kalomphan Khiawwan, 21, was the owner of the dog. She said that she was sleeping upstairs and heard her dog barking continuously in the night during a rain storm but did not come down to investigate.

Thai.

3 minutes ago, Artisi said:

But but so dogs are good- just ask the dog lovers here.

think any sensible dog lover understands there needs to be one massive cull. i have a lot of respect for dogs. i grew up on a farm with several working dogs. they are amazing animals, certainly more trust worthy than humans as a species. watching flea ridden dogs gnawing away at their open wounds is a sad sight. sterilization is a pipe dream. one serious week long cull followed up with a round up of anything without a collar and big fines. fix the problem once and for all. tony started a dog refuge in pattaya. they took in all the dogs but last time i checked they were full up and cant take in any more. whats the point of that?

9 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

think any sensible dog lover understands there needs to be one massive cull. i have a lot of respect for dogs. i grew up on a farm with several working dogs. they are amazing animals, certainly more trust worthy than humans as a species. watching flea ridden dogs gnawing away at their open wounds is a sad sight. sterilization is a pipe dream. one serious week long cull followed up with a round up of anything without a collar and big fines. fix the problem once and for all. tony started a dog refuge in pattaya. they took in all the dogs but last time i checked they were full up and cant take in any more. whats the point of that?

Cull cull and cull again until the place is free of mangy and dangerous soi dogs. Anyone caught dumping a dog on the streets, very healthy fine .

But wait, all the "experts" and dog lovers will be along soon to tell us once again that culling doesn't work, quoting their new knowledge gained from the Internet put there by other dog lovers who of course only even quote and facts and extensive research on the subject. 

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

Cull cull and cull again until the place is free of mangy and dangerous soi dogs. Anyone caught dumping a dog on the streets, very healthy fine .

But wait, all the "experts" and dog lovers will be along soon to tell us once again that culling doesn't work, quoting their new knowledge gained from the Internet put there by other dog lovers who of course only even quote and facts and extensive research on the subject. 

hard to see how a good cull would not work. all hot air until either the king or the good general get on board. till then the best we can do is to stop feeding them to cut down on them breeding.

36 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Oh really? Where does your "expert" misinformation come from?

The dogs are not the root of the problem, it is people!

The knowledge comes from common sense not the internet.

So, you want to kill all the dogs. How the hell are you going to stop PEOPLE from going out and getting new puppies then turning them out onto the street when they grow up? And so the cycle would begin again. There is more than one solution to the problem. Unfortunately, no PERSON will enforce any of them.

As I said, the problem is caused by people and that is where to look for solutions.

Edited by hugh2121

54 minutes ago, hugh2121 said:

Oh really? Where does your "expert" misinformation come from?

The dogs are not the root of the problem, it is people!

The knowledge comes from common sense not the internet.

So, you want to kill all the dogs. How the hell are you going to stop PEOPLE from going out and getting new puppies then turning them out onto the street when they grow up? And so the cycle would begin again. There is more than one solution to the problem. Unfortunately, no PERSON will enforce any of them.

As I said, the problem is caused by people and that is where to look for solutions.

People are not the main problem, cull all soi dogs and very few, if any, will replace them  because the soi dog problem is caused by the dogs breeding in the sois, not by hundreds of them being dumped by owners.