Is Thailands view on Foreigners really changing?

khunpa

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Your guess is as good as mine, but yeah the writing seems to be on the wall in BIG LETTERS, at least as far as non-Asean and non-Chinese foreigners are concerned.

On your wall perhaps, not on those of others.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, upside said:

Most look fat and bald sadly. They'd rather the early grave but make up for it wit copious amounts of arm pit sweat,  beer and bar stools. 

It's ok,  blame the ex wife back home , she started it. 

my what a charming comment

• Like 2

I really don't know, but if you are talking about laws/rule enforcement, I would think that would be a reasoned response to an increase in people who are abusing the system that is in place. Tourist entries are easy and maybe now, more than ever before, people are over staying and that is not really part of the bargain. If they come down on people who are here illegally, is that wrong? 

I am here legally and comply w/all regulations - I never see a problem or resentment. 

• Like 2

cant say I have seen it here, there is always the odd ones that act a bit arrogant towards farangs but most treat you as you treat them. Maybe a lot has to do with the attitude of the farang himself in some cases, I do think the immigration crap is a bit over the top but other than that nothing has changed much, most still take you for who you are and what you do.  Does anyone really think they associate what a few idiots do with all farangs,  that attitude would mean they would have to distrust nearly every thai that comes near them with all the rapes, child molesters and killings that thais do everyday,  maybe some people are just over reacting.

• Like 1

Everywhere in the modern world has changed.

I have been coming here since 1985.

I think the most changes in the way Thai's think of the westerner was about 2005.

Mobile phones, cheaper computers......

The last 5 years though has really changed for me as I feel Thailand has taken a LEAP BACKWARDS IN THE GOVERNMENT SECTOR.

People now days are sitting behind their computers all the time.......dreaming of what could be.

But I still favor Thailand over most countries to do a short term/long term layover.

• Like 1