Food Price Average

Isabellla

Planning to have my holidays in Hua Hin.

How much is the average price of food?Comparing to Phuket?

Thanks

Guys, read the original question again please.. very carefully. Isabella asked about the average price compare to Phuket. It didn't mean she's cheap and is worried about overpriced food in Thailand. She just wants to get a picture what it is like there.

Ok, now, can we start over again please?

PS. Ducky, you must have lost eye-sight too after losing your famous ID here that you misunderstood Isabella's question. Poor boy...

Cant remmber the prices in phuket but in hua hin its 20 baht for a meal in the night market. Unless like my fat Thai G/F you want two bowls of noodle soup then its 40 baht. :o

The restaurants are all cheap (unless you eat in the Hilton etc.) they are all cheaper than the places in Bangkok but not as cheap as Chang Mai or Khon Khen etc.

You're welcome, Isabella. Some of these boys just need a good spank once in a while. :o

I haven't been to Hua Hin much, so can't really comment on the prices. But like londonguy mentioned, food at the night market is very cheap. Anyway, now, Ducky and Stevie boy, you guys are based there. Could you please post some comments here?

:o

Never been asked this before, stick with the answer, serious issues if worried about food prices.

It will be deckchairs next.

Lot of people out there with major problems and your worried about the difference between a few baht for a meal off a cart.

:D

a normal thai restaurant with a farang target market is cheaper in hua hin than phuket.

example, a gaeng kia waan gai (chicken green curry) - approx 80 baht in HH and 120 in Phuket (karon area) - from my experience......... of course we're talking less than 1 euro difference so does that matter to you?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you.

I would like to find you in HUa Hin on my coming holidays.

By the way do you know if there's any restaurant nearby Hua Hin Hyatt Regency?

We found this hotel and seems to have good facilities inside.

Do you have any reviews of this hotel?

REgards and cheers

ISabella

i booked the hyatt for my friends who visited last month because it looked beautiful.20 mins after booking confirmation the called me and said they didnt have the room for 2 nights but did have an upgrade for an extra 3000 baht.

i expressed my concern that they should up hold their previous quoted price,but to no avail!!!!! they said they would investigate and call me back but they did not!

so i went there the following moring to enquire only to find out that they had cancelled my booking!!!

i went to the marriot and got a great room on the sea front at a great rate.my friends were well happy.

i really wanted to book the sofitel.this really is a beautiful building.and great grounds,sea front, and very near all the town resturants and bars.

that would be my first choice.and blow the hyatt.

Thank you splitlid

I've noticed you are dissapointed with Hyatt.Not also youI've read a review in asiahotels and was not good too :o

What I like from Hyatt are the facilities for kids that they have specially the water slide, big garden and fitness center.

Do you know what can we find nearby the Hyatt?

I noticed also a summer promotion for Hyatt for a room 2,900 bath plus abf and all taxes in a webpage.

What do you think?

dear isabella,

i think that the hyatt is an extremely beautiful hotel,when you walk in the entrance,you instantly feel relaxed and that is always good on a holiday.

the setting is perfect.

i just had a bad experience.im sure there are many other who have had great experiences.

the sofitel is not far at all from the hyatt and there are plenty more things to do within walking distance.im sure that they have pretty much the same facilities,i know for certain that the grounds are really nice.have walked through them at night and they have cut the bushes into the shapes of animals(topary??) anyway i saw a real life owl there! now that was great,didnt expext to see that.

the price sounds really good for the hyatt.

Thanks again splitlid

I really appreciate your quick reply.

By the way what do I have within walking distance fro Hyatt?

Do you know if renting a car or a small bike worth for 7 days?

How much will be? We always rent a jeep either in Patong or Pattaya.

Do you know if Hyatt has shuttle bus and gym free of charge?

CHeers :o

By the way what do I have within walking distance fro Hyatt?

Do you know if renting a car or a small bike worth for 7 days?

How much will be? We always rent a jeep either in Patong or Pattaya.

Do you know if Hyatt has shuttle bus and gym free of charge?

Their is not much to walk to from The Hyatt........of course the beach runs all the into town and south to Ta Kiab.

You can walk to the main road in 5-10 minutes and there is a restaurant or 2 along the way.

You'd be better off renting a motorcycle (downtown)......for 7 days it won't be more than 200 Bt per day, and should be available for 150.

Depending on your family, you could rent pedal bikes

.......plenty of access to small local restaurants.

You can rent a little jeep-like Suzuki for about 800 per day (also, you'll get a better rate in town)

Yes they have a shuttle van to downtown......how often it leaves?????

My guess is that they don't charge guests to use their gym.

Enjoy your stay, it's a beautiful facility.

The Hyatt is great, although I have never stayed in one of their rooms, I often lunch there, good food and not too expensive by European standards, although a fortune by Thai.

Given the choice I prefer less expensive guest houses as they are a more personal service, and lets face it the price of the rooms makes Thailand a lot more expensive than it should be.

Isabella- ignore the negative posts. Accomodations/food are relatively inexpensive in Thailand even Hyatt/Marriots compared to other cities around the world. The lad is trying to yank your chain. Phuket is perhaps most expensive spot in Thailand- course I haven't been everywhere, but places I've been this tops the list.

• 3 years later...

What does average mean?

Noodles from a cart samesame everywhere, its Thai food for Thais and they don't pay more simply because its Phuket or Hua Hin or ???

International falang hotel-style food? Probably about the same. Hiltons, Hyatts, Marriotts, Dusits, Sheratons, Sofitels are pretty samesame anywhere.

the sofitel is not far at all from the hyatt and there are plenty more things to do within walking distance.im sure that they have pretty much the same

Sofitel is VERY far from Hyatt, probably 5-6km....you mistook it for Hilton?

Hyatt is a pretty isolated place that is good if you have a car. When I was there (shortly after opening) there were some eateries but not much choice. A walk to Khao Takiab village brings you to a place with many local restaurants and shops. That is not Hua Hin and their choice (almost 80% of food in HH is farang but not in Khao Takiab). Eating in the hotel will be at farang prices, 20-30 $.

If you can get it for 2990B that's a steal...it goes over 12,000B.

Possibly that price is now, could be, I had Marrriott for 3600B in October.

Hyatt is a great place, mind the kids - if your hotel has no good pool (Marriott's it too small for the size of the hotel) there is not much else kids can do in Hua Hin.

Another thing, Hyatt has been Hyatt from day 1. Both Hilton and Marriott were ordinary Thai hotels before being taken over. That shows - in size, rooms are not by Hilton or Marriott standards, rather small.

If you have a car, go for Hyatt. Even double that price is a bargain for such a premier place.

Finally, now it shows why the OP is concerned about food prices:with 2-3 kids hungry like wolves after swimming pool, and unaccustomed to local fare, it may cost considerable money just for feed.

New Lotus/Tesco is half way or so between Hyatt and Hua Hin (it was not finished when i last went there, not sure).

Edited by think_too_mut