NoshowJones

4 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Incorrect sorry

Where there is smoke there is fire ?

An Apple a day keeps the dentist away ?

Love lasts forever ?

Forgive and Forget ?

Who Cares.

A man needs good sex and lots of money for happy life. True.

2 hours ago, bark said:

Where there is smoke there is fire ?

An Apple a day keeps the dentist away ?

Love lasts forever ?

Forgive and Forget ?

Who Cares.

A man needs good sex and lots of money for happy life. True.

money alone does not provide happiness! you also need stocks, bonds, immobile property, gold, works of art, vintage cars. a well stocked wine cellar and diamonds.

8 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Incorrect sorry

You got a link to corroborate this assertion?

Thunder is an effect of the rapid expansion of air caused by lightning.

On the subject of fibre, the last foot or two of the run is usually a single fibre jumper without the catenery wire, should be more than enough to block any surge.

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

You got a link to corroborate this assertion?

Thunder is an effect of the rapid expansion of air caused by lightning.

On the subject of fibre, the last foot or two of the run is usually a single fibre jumper without the catenery wire, should be more than enough to block any surge.

HOW many times do I have to say incorrect sorry

1 minute ago, Deepinthailand said:

I refer you to my 3 answers already it ain't rocket science

Which particular "incorrect" is the one we should be referring to?

I've SEEN lightning without hearing the associated thunder and I've HEARD thunder without seeing the associated lightning, that doesn't mean that one exists without the other.

If thunder exists without lightning, how is it created? This is a hole in my scientific knowledge which should be filled.

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

WI-FI connection is as unlikely to cause issues as the phone network connection, Only concern would be having the charger connected or a USB connection to a device that is currently 'plugged in'. There is also the concern of getting water in the device!

I hate it when my PC leaks water from the USB port into my telephone.

6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Which particular "incorrect" is the one we should be referring to?

I've SEEN lightning without hearing the associated thunder and I've HEARD thunder without seeing the associated lightning, that doesn't mean that one exists without the other.

If thunder exists without lightning, how is it created? This is a hole in my scientific knowledge which should be filled.

Goodbye says I with a clap of thunder not playing games today xx

Read again incorrect sorry.

Edited by Crossy
Fixed the quote

DiT you just keep saying "incorrect", which doesn't help those who genuinely would like to know HOW they are incorrect. I can't find a single link from a (admittedly quick) Google search, please help us understand what you are actually saying.

I'm not into playing games either.

Since it's the lightning that causes the damage to electronics it's safest to assume that all thunder has associated lightning and unplug kit. How do I tell the difference between a "thunder storm" (for which there would be no need to unplug) and a "lightning storm" (for which one should unplug unprotected equipment)?

9 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Goodbye says I with a clap of thunder not playing games today xx

Read again incorrect sorry.

Why are you contradicting people who have probably forgot more than you'll ever know, just google it, it's not rocket science.

16 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Are we talking just Thunder storms or thunder and lightning or lightning storms.

THUNDER storms no need to turn anything off. lightning involved I suppose yes if you house isn't earthed correctly which I suspect is the case for most Thai homes. But I don't bother just carry on as normal been in some humongous electrical storms was still using radio equipment still here. you hear of people being struck and houses ect but I suspect they are few and far between incidents.do trains/planes/cars stop when they suddenly enter a storm??? no of course not. Do shops restaurants and Banks close there doors and cower away of course not.

What are you blithering on about?

Thunder is caused by lightning.

When lightning strikes, it rapidly heats up the air as it passes. The thunder is the sound of the air rushing back in to the near vacuum.

Do you ever hear the sound of a hand-clap without having someone clap their hands?

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Why are you contradicting people who have probably forgot more than you'll ever know, just google it, it's not rocket science.

Who is contradicting who Mr high and mighty what part of incorrect SORRY is hard to understand.more than I'll ever know indeed my goodness you had you weetabixs  today. patronising to the extreme but if it makes you feel superior in your own brain CELL. Who am I to stop you.

Just now, Deepinthailand said:

Who is contradicting who Mr high and mighty what part of incorrect SORRY is hard to understand.more than I'll ever know indeed my goodness you had you weetabixs  today. patronising to the extreme but if it makes you feel superior in your own brain CELL. Who am I to stop you.

Your posts are wrong and futile, nobody will laugh at you even if you admit you're wrong, be the better man, go on, go for it, or are you trying to save face?

Cost–benefit analysis in my case allows me to risk it and not bother with unplugging the house several times a day during the storms in Bangkok.  In our 40 years of owning house here have never been struck by lightning and the only known damage has been loss of 2 or 3 cheap landline phones (on a TOT line that did not even have a ground box installed).  

Have noticed that on some close hits RCCB will break so perhaps that is providing a bit of protection as it senses an imbalance.  And would not advise people to leave plugged in if they are willing to pull the plugs - but remember that act in itself has risks to both equipment and you.  Do not believe there is any real answer but the normal 'up to you'.

4 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

What are you blithering on about?

Thunder is caused by lightning.

When lightning strikes, it rapidly heats up the air as it passes. The thunder is the sound of the air rushing back in to the near vacuum.

Do you ever hear the sound of a hand-clap without having someone clap their hands?

I get a sense of claptrap......

Edited by jacko45k