Posting date (why two formats)?

lopburi3

On 11/27/2016 at 10:12 AM, 4MyEgo said:

It makes no sense to me for use of different terms for the date as above (Sunday/27).  Non English speakers have enough trouble without making what should be easy hard.  And to confuse more we have the (US) month/day/year rather than the normal (Thai and most of world) Day/Month/Year format?  Total nuts.

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:
On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 10:12 AM, 4MyEgo said:

It makes no sense to me for use of different terms for the date as above (Sunday/27).  Non English speakers have enough trouble without making what should be easy hard.  And to confuse more we have the (US) month/day/year rather than the normal (Thai and most of world) Day/Month/Year format?  Total nuts.

Totally agree. Even worse IMO is the "Just Now", "A few minutes ago", "Yesterday", "Last week" and other ridiculous formats.

Just use ONE format: the date, as in Day/Month/Year Hour/Minute. Precede with the day of the week if you must.

Will the AM/PM, mm/dd/yy guys accept such a culture shock?

Or will there an uprising? :tongue:

In such a "multicultural" forum I always prefer to write the month in a three letter English abbreviation.

Excuse me, but I hate the AM/PM format and prefer the 24h format.

(more than once the unknowingly have missed their "12:30 AM" flight when they showed up at 11:00h :biggrin:).

Date/time:

30 Nov 2016, 11:13h

29 Nov 2016, 17:45h

The "ago" would be nice as an addition in a rough granularity (days or months or years).

Just don't have a precise idea how to do.

Even worse IMO is the "Just Now", "A few minutes ago", "Yesterday", "Last week" and other ridiculous formats.

If it would be an addition to a format as described I would find it fine.

29 Nov 2016, 17:45h (yesterday)

24 Nov 2016, 13:32h (last week)

Maybe leave out the time stamp for posts that are not of today.

29 Nov 2016 (yesterday)

24 Nov 2016 (last week)

Note:

Some forums give a warning (are you sure) when you want to post in a thread that is inactive for more than a certain time span (like one year).

The IT/programming guys will be enthusiastic about my wishlist :biggrin:

2 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Totally agree. Even worse IMO is the "Just Now", "A few minutes ago", "Yesterday", "Last week" and other ridiculous formats.

Just use ONE format: the date, as in Day/Month/Year Hour/Minute. Precede with the day of the week if you must.

Gents, I didn't even realise that a time let alone a date was showing on my reply to posts, happy to convert if one can tell me where the setting is as I had a quick look but couldn't find it 555