Thai Police Probe American Tourists Claims of Attempted Rape and Kidnapping by Man in Police Uniform

webfact

Thai Police Probe American Tourists Claims of Attempted Rape and Kidnapping by Man in Police Uniform

m.jpg

The 26-year-old’s injuries included bruising and scratches on her chin and the same marks on her arms

BANGKOK – Deputy national police spokesman Pol Col Kritsana Pattanacharoen told the media yesterday that police were working to verify a report by a US media outlet about an American woman being drugged, kidnapped and almost raped while holidaying in Thailand.

Alex Fairfield, 26, from Ravenna, told Michigan's Fox 17 News that she was in a bar in Bangkok with a friend when she began feeling lightheaded and unwell, saying the last thing I remembers was my friend leaving for the washroom. When I woke up, I found myself in a windowless room, bound by restraints and on a mattress on the floor.

It wasn’t till a man dressed in a police uniform came into the room and attempted to rape me that I came to my senses.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/thai-police-probe-american-tourists-claims-of-attempted-rape-and-kidnapping-by-man-in-police-uniform.html

changraitimes_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang Rai Times 2016-12-08

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woman who escaped abduction in Thailand is on her way back to West Michigan

BY BOB BRENZING, 

RAVENNA, Mich. - A woman stuck in Thailand after a harrowing abductionis on her way home.

Alex Moore tells FOX 17 that his sister-in-law Alex Fairfield is on a plane out of Thailand as of Tuesday morning.  She is expected back in Grand Rapids Wednesday afternoon.

Relatives say Fairfield went to a bar with her friend Joe after a long day of sightseeing. When he got up and went to the restroom, she said she felt sick and tired. They say the next thing she knew she woke up with her hands bound in an unknown place.

"She was able to loosen the ropes up," Moore said.

Full story: http://fox17online.com/2016/12/06/woman-who-escaped-abduction-in-thailand-is-on-her-way-back-to-west-michigan/

-- Fox 17 2016-12-08

I think we all know how the investigation will end up. Denials, defamation suits mulled, and no actual investigative work whatsoever... If what the American girl said took place actually did then I have the utmost sympathy because any investigation will go nowhere sadly

34 minutes ago, optad said:

Entirely plausible.

Shame the integrity of Thai police does not dispel the story.

Shame you wont let the Thai police investigate the matter before finding them guilty!

So she jumped out of a window with her hands tied, hmm, OK. And then she caught a taxi and then flew out of the country, say what! No questions by the taxi driver, no trip to the embassy or Provincial Police, just straight out of the country on a plane.

Unless a plausible account emerges to fill in the gaps in a credible fashion, I say that's a suspicious report at best, BS at worst..

1 minute ago, chiang mai said:

Shame you wont let the Thai police investigate the matter before finding them guilty!

So she jumped out of a window with her hands tied, hmm, OK. And then she caught a taxi and then flew out of the country, say what! No questions by the taxi driver, no trip to the embassy or Provincial Police, just straight out of the country on a plane.

Unless a plausible account emerges to fill in the gaps in a credible fashion, I say that's a suspicious report at best, BS at worst..

Thai police should do their job. My point was that if the Thai police were 'integral' you just take the issue to them. I have been 'mickeyed' and robbed [dec 2000] and know it is easier to just leave. I no idea if this girl is fabricating stuff but to say that you would trust Thai police as you would elsewhere in world given she might be telling the truth is just dumb.

49 minutes ago, z42 said:

I think we all know how the investigation will end up. Denials, defamation suits mulled, and no actual investigative work whatsoever... If what the American girl said took place actually did then I have the utmost sympathy because any investigation will go nowhere sadly

It's not like she gave any clear evidence for them to work with.  It all seems very sketchy on her end.  Kudos to the police for attempting to find some shreds of evidence in her very flimsy account.  I'd reckon she got blackout drunk and wandered out in the street, probably fell down and then didn't know how to explain it to her family.  Oila came up with this idea then all of a sudden she doesn't have a ticket home?  So gofundme comes to the rescue with the aid of fox news to get suckers to donate.

4 minutes ago, optad said:

Thai police should do their job. My point was that if the Thai police were 'integral' you just take the issue to them. I have been 'mickeyed' and robbed [dec 2000] and know it is easier to just leave. I no idea if this girl is fabricating stuff but to say that you would trust Thai police as you would elsewhere in world given she might be telling the truth is just dumb.

The police are doing their job, which part of them investigating the incident is unclear!

I never said to trust Thai police same as any elsewhere, I said she had obvious options that she didn't use and that the story has huge unexplained gaps.

5 minutes ago, optad said:

She didn't even go to the police though.  She thought all the police were after her because of the hallucination she had in the room about a uniformed guy, before she jumped out of the window and laid in the bushes for 6 hours (without them pursuing her?).  Rigggghhhhhhttttttt.

8 minutes ago, optad said:

I know the police get a bad wrap in TV but I have had a few legal issues that required trips to the police to give evidence, etc., and they have always been nothing but kind and cooperative.  I suppose if you assume they are going to take advantage of you before you even meet them then that's what you have set your mind to be on them.

Just now, tominbkk said:

I know the police get a bad wrap in TV but I have had a few legal issues that required trips to the police to give evidence, etc., and they have always been nothing but kind and cooperative.  I suppose if you assume they are going to take advantage of you before you even meet them then that's what you have set your mind to be on them.

You weight up costs. In her case you just leave. Is she asking for anything? Nup. It is just a report. Take it on face value for once.

2 minutes ago, optad said:

So  if your daughter got on the phone to you stateside and described what happened last night, what would your advice be?

Well I would be on the next flight over to get her.  Not setting up a gofundme account.  Beg borrow and steal money.  

Possibly her parents are used to her hijinks and let her figure out what to do.  Perhaps they were in on the scam....they go half and half on the gofundme money?

1 minute ago, optad said:

You weight up costs. In her case you just leave. Is she asking for anything? Nup. It is just a report. Take it on face value for once.

Unfair to criticize the police if she didn't even give them a chance to question her story and help her through her testimony.  But I'm sure that's how she wanted it.  Now she can say whatever she wants about them, but it doesn't really matter.

Just now, tominbkk said:

Unfair to criticize the police if she didn't even give them a chance to question her story and help her through her testimony.  But I'm sure that's how she wanted it.  Now she can say whatever she wants about them, but it doesn't really matter.

I am not criticising the police. Did say their reputation has bearing. It is not good. But given her predicament certainly , I would, did, leave. No benefit staying, reporting. GEt home

3 minutes ago, optad said:

I am not criticising the police. Did say their reputation has bearing. It is not good. But given her predicament certainly , I would, did, leave. No benefit staying, reporting. GEt home

I agree, it's her prerogative to leave.  But where did her return ticket go?  that's what I can't figure out.  It's a bit like that farang on the island who sent a distress signal to his dad when in reality he just wanted to party a little bit longer.  We will never know what really happened, but she didn't help by not giving authorities a chance to check on her story and investigate.

3 hours ago, tominbkk said:

I agree, it's her prerogative to leave.  But where did her return ticket go?  that's what I can't figure out.  It's a bit like that farang on the island who sent a distress signal to his dad when in reality he just wanted to party a little bit longer.  We will never know what really happened, but she didn't help by not giving authorities a chance to check on her story and investigate.

The good thing that we can comment about is that she does not appear to have been raped. Do you stay and report that if it had happened or still go? <deleted>. Nasty topic for Dad's with holidaying daughters. Messy with every probe,.

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

Before we all jump to conclusions as to whether this happened or not. Just consider the sources of this story. Neither the Chaing Rai Times nor Fox News Corp are well known or respected for their detailed, comprehensive and accurate portrayal of actual news or events. 

Before we all jump to conclusions as to whether this happened or not. Just consider the sources of this story. Neither the Chaing Rai Times nor Fox News Corp are well known or respected for their detailed, comprehensive and accurate portrayal of actual news or events. 

Yea and crowd funding for money really makes her look innocent.