West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

I'd love to see Andy Carroll force his way into the England squad. I think Hodgson is quite keen on him; he played him 4 years ago. Maybe a bit late now, which is a shame.

Best header(er) in the world.

Unless there are injuries it won't happen.

I also think continental referees would constantly be blowing the whistle.

Ideal wild card/plan B. Yes i think Hodgson likes him, but he also likes Kane, Rooney, Vardy, Welbeck, and Sturridge. The oddds are one of those will get injured though before the end of the season.

I'd take Carroll over Rooney on recent form.

Carroll gives you a real harrying and physical presence...and of course a great header of the ball.

That's something England might need late on in a game...whereas Rooney offers...well nothing really.

• Like 2

Wow - you guys are really getting carried away on the back of one (admittedly stunning) centre forward performance.

Anybody know how many Prem goals he's scored this season? Doesn't appear on the leading scorers chart I looked at, where Rooney was in the last reported tranche on 7 goals this season. Yes - I know he has been out injured, but it's still only one performance that has sparked attention

The lump it up to the big front man is a late Plan B route, much favoured by mid to lower table teams (and Manchester United in the last couple of seasonstongue.png ).

Yes sure if Carroll keeps doing in the final run in what he did to us then he would be an outside chance, but England's success will be down to creative midfielders and clever fast forwards like Vardy, Kane (very clever, more than very fast) and maybe Wellbeck/Sturridge, not good crossing wingbacks and heading show ponies.

Rooney is carp and lacking in confidence. There are bucket loads of over-the-hills I'd prefer in the wise-old mentor role backstage and on the bench - Milner, Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, add yer own

Do you really think the authorities are really happy about LC looking like being champions?

They must be horrified

A bit like I feel seeing Tottenham up there..

But seriously. I don't believe there's a conspiracy. It's just that some teams are cynical and dive a lot (e.g Arsenal) and get the decisions against more honest teams (e.g West Ham).

I also think no ref wants to be the one to spoil Leicester's party. I would do the same.

Leyton Orient are too busy changing their manager every five minutes. Barry Hearn had a good argument, but the new owners seem a bit clueless by comparison. Let's not forget the team in Manchester who were gifted their new stadium.

Leyton Orient are too busy changing their manager every five minutes. Barry Hearn had a good argument, but the new owners seem a bit clueless by comparison. Let's not forget the team in Manchester who were gifted their new stadium.

I don't see anything wrong in us renting a stadium.. It's common in Europe. And not many businesses own their premises. We are just lucky that the Olympics were in our borough. I wasn't enthusiastic before, but now they are increasing capacity to 66k because of demand, I'm more up for it.

I would have no problem with Orient playing there. Not sure their fans will want it though.

^"Let's not forget the team in Manchester who were gifted their new stadium."

City were not gifted COMS / Etihad Stadium.

Eastlands stadium, was built for the 2002 Commonwealth Games with £112m of lottery and public money.

Manchester city council owns the stadium, on which it spent £22m of council tax payers' money to have the running track removed and convert it for City to occupy as tenants after the Commonwealth Games.

City handed their former Maine Road home to the council, and spent £20m installing bars, restaurants and corporate entertaining areas at Eastlands.

The terms of the rent were for City to pay the council a proportion of ticket income above Maine Road's 32,000 capacity, which has produced around £2m for the council annually since 2003.

City, under its new 2008 ownership, renegotiated its 250-year lease with the city council in October 2010, gaining the naming rights in return for a substantial increase in rent.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Do you really think the authorities are really happy about LC looking like being champions?

They must be horrified

You dropped a couple of points you deserved to win. Get over it - big teams have to put up with this all the time. Just stick to the all refs are ba$tards tag. Nobody shares your conspiracy theory that all refs are bent!

No.

We have been robbed of points over the last few games. More than a couple.

Wow - you guys are really getting carried away on the back of one (admittedly stunning) centre forward performance.

Anybody know how many Prem goals he's scored this season? Doesn't appear on the leading scorers chart I looked at, where Rooney was in the last reported tranche on 7 goals this season. Yes - I know he has been out injured, but it's still only one performance that has sparked attention

The lump it up to the big front man is a late Plan B route, much favoured by mid to lower table teams (and Manchester United in the last couple of seasonstongue.png ).

Yes sure if Carroll keeps doing in the final run in what he did to us then he would be an outside chance, but England's success will be down to creative midfielders and clever fast forwards like Vardy, Kane (very clever, more than very fast) and maybe Wellbeck/Sturridge, not good crossing wingbacks and heading show ponies.

Rooney is carp and lacking in confidence. There are bucket loads of over-the-hills I'd prefer in the wise-old mentor role backstage and on the bench - Milner, Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, add yer own

Rooney? The most over rated English footballer ever.

Carroll? Not the best but would be more than useful off the bench if you are are goal or 2 down.

The owners have got us the best stadium in the country for peanuts.

Jealous anyone?

WHU have done well to get the great new facilities and indeed most clubs should be a wee bit jealous, but as Man City fans found out, moving from your old ground/area to your new ground/area comes with teething problems which take a while to sort out, but overall it is an improvement/upgrade. Enjoy it.

• Like 1

Jealous anyone?

WHU have done well to get the great new facilities and indeed most clubs should be a wee bit jealous, but as Man City fans found out, moving from your old ground/area to your new ground/area comes with teething problems which take a while to sort out, but overall it is an improvement/upgrade. Enjoy it.

Yes it will never have the same atmosphere as the Boleyn under lights.

It remains to be seen if it will be a fortress or inspire the opposition.

I am sure that Southampton took a while to settle in to St Marys.

^ yeah but i believe they stuck to

their allocated area and didn't <deleted> anyone in the mean time. West ham owners are red neck low Life scum.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't see anything wrong in us renting a stadium.. It's common in Europe. And not many businesses own their premises. We are just lucky that the Olympics were in our borough. I wasn't enthusiastic before, but now they are increasing capacity to 66k because of demand, I'm more up for it.

I would have no problem with Orient playing there. Not sure their fans will want it though.

He O's is a great wee stadium to visit with one of the best pubs in the East End attached to it.

Not every team has to or should have a huge following or aspirations of huge glory.

Let them be in their home.

OK ups please blindfold me first before the firing squad arrives. :P

Ah comrade smokes, look at the bright side, man LTD get to win the cup and we get LTD under vg for another season.:P

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Jealous anyone?

And we didn't have to burn anyone's business down to make room for it.

Iv'e heard it all now, a scammer accusing someone of being unscrupulous biggrin.png so how bigger brown envelope do you think you gave to Newham council ?

Jealous anyone?

Iv'e heard it all now, a scammer accusing someone of being unscrupulous biggrin.png so how bigger brown envelope do you think you gave to Newham council ?

Bigger than Daniel Levy's? I doubt we are capable of it.

Considering we are the only professional club in Newham and that our old ground is being sold off for redevelopment that the council wants, it makes sense that they would support us.

Ah comrade smokes, look at the bright side, man LTD get to win the cup and we get LTD under vg for another season.tongue.png

Be careful what you wish for boys

Jealous anyone?

Considering we are the only professional club in Newham and that our old ground is being sold off for redevelopment that the council wants, it makes sense that they would support us.

facepalm.giffacepalm.gif So how many professional clubs are in each of the other Boroughs of London ?

facepalm.giffacepalm.gif So how many professional clubs are in each of the other Boroughs of London ?

In this case, only Newham matters. No one else can make the same contribution. And Stratford is in historic West Ham. It would be silly for any rival to call it home.